Girl Talk

H8Monga: TLC - Girl Talk (Burruss/Clement/Lopes/McCloud/Watkins)  La Face Records 2002

You see I had this brother who was mad at me
Cuz I told my home girl that he wasn't packin'
Told the truth so I don't really give a damn
That I spilled the beans on his little short stem man (oh)
Some of ya'll be foolin' us big feet big hands just plain big the sex ain't worth a damn
We women wanna know these things
If ya'll got the bat but not the swang

Put in work
If you don't want the girl to talk
And you don't want your feelings hurt
Put in work
Cause if you don't
That girl just gon' go speardin' the word

Girl talkin' go you all caught out there
Why you thinkin' that its all about ya
Forget she told everything about ya
But the girls are talkin
The girls are talkin
Girls talk about the booty too
About the way a brother is hangin' too
When you didn't think noboddy knew
You see the girls are talking
The girls are talking

Listen ya'll need to know this
That we'll straight up go tell your business
So if you're gonna come you better then come with it
If you ain't swingin' just put your tongue in it (oh)
Some of ya'll be killin me
Thinking you got powers like Austin
But you're more like Mini Me
And when your finally get your blood flowin'
It be lookin like a pinky with a glove on it

Put it in work
If you don't want the girl to talk
And you don't want your feelings hurt
Put it in work
Cause if you don't
That girl just gon' go spreadin' the word

Girl talkin' got you all caught out there
Why you thinkin' that its all about ya
But the girls are talkin'
The girls are talking
About the way a brother is hangin' too
When you didn't think nobody knew
You see the girls are talkin'
The girls are talkin'

What up papi
You think you got game?
(Well holla at me)
I know you're feelin' like my sexual tame
Can make ya happy
You'll remember me
Left Eye - TLC
You got to lick it before you stick it
And that's just me
I be killin' 'em with the gucci fits and kicks
And you be hurtin' my ears with them lines so swift
You get a new approach
You're game's a joke
Co-signing from sidelines tryin' to poke
I'm bigger that
Your small talk face the fact
You wanna rock the boat a little
Well earn your pass
And its the last call for alcohol
Meet me at the bar
Me and my girls doin' it big
We pop stars (yeah)

Girls talkin' got you all caught out there
Why you thinkin its all about ya
But the girls are talkin'
The girls are talkin'
About hte way a brother is hangin' too
When you didn't think nobody knew
You see the girls are talkin'
The girls are talkin'

My question is, why do girls talk? I know guys talk but from what I've heard it's usually not very detailed and pretty much equals reporting another score. They've not put a woman down from what I've heard, but it seems women talk about everything and really give guys a bad name if they were not what they expected in any aspect. It usually makes the man look bad and sometimes word gets around giving him grief. I overheard two women talking today about a guy (it was actually a size question I overheard) and that made me think of this.  Any answers? Any similarities between men and women I haven't heard?

inquiringmind: Hi Hapi,
After my last post I don't know if I'll get it right, but... heh, I am going to try! You know, this song exemplifies all that I find foul about things going on out here these days. We used to assume that women would be kind nurturing and discreet... Not any more! You must consider the source. Left Eye was probably directing this song to Andre after he gave her that left eye for real! There is so much that goes into why you would get a song like this. This song is reflective of a group of women who have been disappointed and disrespected from the ground up . Their natural and normal response is to keep it as hard as the guys. Because intimacy is one area where we can be hurt, they  also play it with as much bravado as the guys. If you look at most of the women hip hop artists their music almost always reflects the dysfunction of the world around them.  This is gansta luv they be talkin' about, baby. Sex is a cash and carry commodity!On a professional tip,in order to show that they were as tough as the guys, females in hip hop had to be just as cut throat  and just as hard. They have their own money, they have their own ride. They  are not dependent, so a man has to really be together to keep up with them.  If sex is what it is going to be all about and you want to spend time with me then you have to realize that you better live up to the advertisement. These young women in many cases grew up in situations where there were not men they could depend upon to be there for them so  men became someone who had what it took to either satisfy an occasional itch ( 'cause you  knew he wouldn't be around for the long run) a sperm donor ( ditto the first answer) or a sugar daddy ( who you had to put out for to get the goodies) As we have talked about before on other threads there are many men out there who advertise certain endowments ( height, member size, bank account, etc.) to get into the panties and so you can't blame the girls for being disappointed when at the moment of truth Mr.Big Stuff ends up being Mr. Big Talk. And we all know you can't hurt a guy worse than to hit him where the rubber meets the road ! This  is about as far as I can go with this in mixed company ( he,he ) but you do know that hell hath no fury. and nobody does fury better than a sistah!  

Inquiring mind      

P.s. Art often imitates reality and visa versa! 

P.S. #2 I am not endorsing this behavior only trying to explain it. I generally do not discuss men's personal info with the girls. Because if it is good,and I tell, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up on a talk show being given the proverbial line,"Girl ,you know I love you but..."
I am not trying to have that happen. Everybody's business is nobody's business. If you don't care if you lose your guy go ahead, but if it is good, keep it quiet!

baaa: I think it is wrong for women to go around telling theier friends all of the intimate details about yourself. Yeah guys talk too, but all we talk about is if we got it or not. Women tell EVERYTHING.
I am a pretty quite guy, so when I get around my girlfriend and her friends I guess I kind of fade into the background. But anytime they are with somebody new, or they could just be talking about a guy, all of the details ; size, stamina, technique. They are all put out their for everybody.
And it pisses me off cuz I know that I have been the subject of some of these talks.

Tender: it is entirely immature.
and disrespectful.
tacky.
i wouldnt want a guy to talk about me,,, good or bad as far as intimate details, ect, so i wouldnt talk about him...
borders for me as the same sort of childish game--my dad can beat up your dad ::)

Tender