Girl troubles.

WackJack

Just Browsing
Media
I need advise.
The girl I like is a my friends (also a girl) roommate. Since we are kinda dating, my friend gets upset because when I go over she feels like I'm giving the girl I like to much attention. How do I make the girl I like feel special while keeping my friend off my back.

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Unless you're completely ditching your roommate these days, it's immaturity on her part not to be able to share her friend (you) with someone he's becoming romantically involved with. Spend some extra time watching movies or something with her, but beyond that... you are allowed to have a social life besides her.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been in a position before where male friends suddenly start ignoring me just because they're fucking someone new. I find it rude and disrespectful.

Whether you realise it or not, you're probably giving the roommate all your attention and ignoring your friend in the process. Treat your friend with respect, acknowledge her existence, and show her you care about her as much as you did before, and things will probably be fine.

TheBestYouCan

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're havin girl problems I feel bad for you son.. I got 99 problems

Couldn't resist.

But seriously, just make sure you aren't entirely ignoring your roomie. If you aren't and are making an effort to maintain the relationship and she still is complaining, it's her problem. But! You might want to designate a night or day that is just hers to hang out with you! :)

flawdatiger

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like someone said before, men tend to shut down when they meet new puss. Try to talk it out with your friend and make clear that you are not abandoning the friendship.

She just needs time to adjust. It would be bad if she also had feelings for you, so ask about that too.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Like someone said before, men tend to shut down when they meet new puss. Try to talk it out with your friend and make clear that you are not abandoning the friendship.

She just needs time to adjust. It would be bad if she also had feelings for you, so ask about that too.

This is good advice. You think of girl as a friend, but acting jealous means she is thinking of something more. Get this out into the open ASAP. As a friend, she must wish you to be happy, and that means getting a girlfriend, right? Maybe she knows more about her room mate than you do, and thinks you are making a mistake.