Girl troubles.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by WackJack, Nov 5, 2011.

1. WackJack

WackJack New Member

I need advise.
    The girl I like is a my friends (also a girl) roommate. Since we are kinda dating, my friend gets upset because when I go over she feels like I'm giving the girl I like to much attention. How do I make the girl I like feel special while keeping my friend off my back.

2. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unless you're completely ditching your roommate these days, it's immaturity on her part not to be able to share her friend (you) with someone he's becoming romantically involved with. Spend some extra time watching movies or something with her, but beyond that... you are allowed to have a social life besides her.

3. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I've been in a position before where male friends suddenly start ignoring me just because they're fucking someone new. I find it rude and disrespectful.

Whether you realise it or not, you're probably giving the roommate all your attention and ignoring your friend in the process. Treat your friend with respect, acknowledge her existence, and show her you care about her as much as you did before, and things will probably be fine.

4. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If you're havin girl problems I feel bad for you son.. I got 99 problems

Couldn't resist.

But seriously, just make sure you aren't entirely ignoring your roomie. If you aren't and are making an effort to maintain the relationship and she still is complaining, it's her problem. But! You might want to designate a night or day that is just hers to hang out with you! :)

5. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Introduce her to a male friend of yours she would like, as she would most likely just cockblock you because she shows signs of being immature.

6. flawdatiger

flawdatiger Member

Albums:
    Like someone said before, men tend to shut down when they meet new puss. Try to talk it out with your friend and make clear that you are not abandoning the friendship.

She just needs time to adjust. It would be bad if she also had feelings for you, so ask about that too.

7. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:

This is good advice. You think of girl as a friend, but acting jealous means she is thinking of something more. Get this out into the open ASAP. As a friend, she must wish you to be happy, and that means getting a girlfriend, right? Maybe she knows more about her room mate than you do, and thinks you are making a mistake.

Draft saved Draft deleted