girlfriend doesn't believe in abortion

the_guy

Just Browsing
Media
My girlfriend and I frequently engage in sex and she is on birth control. We often use a condom as well. However, she says that if she did get pregnent she wouldn't get an abortion. She also says that she wouldn't tell me about it and I supposedly wouldn't ever know. Has anyone ever consulted a lawyer about a child support waiver I can get her to sign to back up her position?

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My girlfriend and I frequently engage in sex and she is on birth control. We often use a condom as well. However, she says that if she did get pregnent she wouldn't get an abortion. She also says that she wouldn't tell me about it and I supposedly wouldn't ever know. Has anyone ever consulted a lawyer about a child support waiver I can get her to sign to back up her position?

sweetie, not to be flippant, but have you consulted your brain about being with this girl?
and yes there are legal ways to protect your rights but really, you shouldn't have to be worrying about that.:confused:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds like you're in a relationship but I can't think why you would be - you're already looking for ways to get out of paying child support if you get her pregnant and she's telling you if she gets pregnant you're not being involved in any way.

D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

Experimental Member
Media

Two things: I am not a lawyer but I do not think *ANY* child support waiver would be legally binding. It will be WAY expensive to get a lawyer to draft it and try it out in court if she does get pregnant. Getting her to sign this expensive document may also be an issue.

Two: How can she get pregnant and you would never know? I don't get a good "reality check" off this post. Reconsider your relationship. If she's not going to tell you if she gets pregnant, she may not tell you if she "forgot" to take her pill.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i just want to echo what everyone else is saying. if she gets pregnant and has a child, you will legally be responsible to pay child support. there is no way around that. if you're not willing to take the risk of becoming a father, you shouldn't be having sex with her. period.

if she gets pregnant, trust me, you will know. it's not exactly easy to hide unless she moves away and doesn't contact you again.

the_guy

Just Browsing
Media
I'm moving away in about a month and won't see her again after that probably. So, thats why she she says i would not know.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The girl says she's not going to even tell you about it if she gets pregnant, you are using not one but two highly effective methods of birth control, and yet you are still paranoid about becoming a daddy? Sounds to me like you should grow up a bit and come back to sex later.

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You need to get outta Dodge quick, fast, and in a hurry...trust me...

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

...OB

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Quite honestly, it is her decision. Your warning is right before you enter. This chick sounds wacked. Why are you with her?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
My girlfriend and I frequently engage in sex and she is on birth control. We often use a condom as well. However, she says that if she did get pregnent she wouldn't get an abortion.

That's her right, man - you couldn't make her.

She also says that she wouldn't tell me about it and I supposedly wouldn't ever know.

Well, sounds like she's a bit paranoid - could she be scared you'd try to bully her into doing something she believes is wrong. I know nothing about her, or you, your relationship, what context she said this to you in. I can't assume, as other posters have, that she is batty - she must have said that for a reason. Was she saying maybe, don't worry if it happens you won't have to have anything to do with us? Because when you say:

Has anyone ever consulted a lawyer about a child support waiver I can get her to sign to back up her position?

that's what it sounds like. Like she's saying she won't hold you to your responsibilities.

Still - best not to test the theory - wear the wet suit anyway, if you don't trust - but honestly, if you don't tryust her why are you with her? Are you just treading water til you move away?

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
Why are you having sex then? Is this risk not enough to keep your dick in your pants? Seriously, if this is a concern to you (and it seems it if you bring it to a thread), STOP HAVING SEX WITH HER AND YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
Though it does not take a mature individual to have sex, it takes one to deal with the responsibliltes that come with it.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
If she did get pregnent she wouldn't get an abortion. Can I get her to sign a child support waiver to back up her position?

From what you have said she is determined to do as she wishes. You aren't getting that waiver to "back up her position". You are trying to abdicate from your legal responsiblity regarding your offspring, which cannot be stopped by a waiver. As the others have said either you must always use a condom or stop having sex with her to prevent a pregnancy.

cornbell

Just Browsing
Media
That would be a "contract" against social policy. I am pretty sure it would be void in all courts of law. Moreover, courts do not like couples ( non-married ones even more) making agreements such as these. Even if you made the contract, any good lawyer could get around it. In addition, I think that if you are serious about what your saying, you should get a lawyer. But since you seem not to want to spend money, I think leaving your girlfriend would be better. [ These statements are not legal advice and should not be taken as such. :smile: ]

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Instead of looking for a way to weasel out of your responsibilities to a potential child why don't you take the intelligent path and use all means to prevent conception?

That means take control into your own hands. You wear a condom with spermicide. You get snipped or temporarily clipped. If you take control of your reproductivity you won't have to worry about hers.

the_guy

Just Browsing
Media
Instead of looking for a way to weasel out of your responsibilities to a potential child why don't you take the intelligent path and use all means to prevent conception?
I like guarantees and even though we use contraception no form of it is 100% effective. Only abortion is 100% effective. And since she doesn't like that it would be good to have another type of guarantee.

btw, if such a waiver did exist i am fairly confident I could get her to sign it. She isn't the type that thinks about the future very much.

I don't want to turn this into a legal debate, but parents can waive their custodial rights. So, why can't parents waive their rights to seek financial help? In fact, this does happen after the fact in divorce cases, but can it happen before the fact? It seems getting an agreement before the fact would be more powerful.