Girlfriend potential or just friend?

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
36 - if a guy does what he thinks will be the thing to get you, and you are having none of it, would you recognize that and suggest "Hey, what about trying THIS?" and suggesting something that you would like? Thankful for the suggestion, he does what you say and it works out for you both, wouldn't that be nice?
This poor kid is just trying to figure it out. And he is asking people who have been there before and this is what we offer him?
Come on folks. Help they kid out.
I did help the kid out...read Goodwood...I was responding to NIC's comment that the hot cool ones are quickly taken...that is not true...I am single, that is all I meant.:smile:

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks 36 for the clarification. I just feel badly that amp is having such a time of it. And this is what we proffer.
Well he can only do what he feels he is ready for...has anyone heard from him today? He might very well be in the throes of passion as we speak!:biggrin1::tongue::smile::wink::eek::cool::smile::biggrin1::tongue::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
Well he can only do what he feels he is ready for...has anyone heard from him today? He might very well be in the throes of passion as we speak!:biggrin1::tongue::smile::wink::eek::cool::smile::biggrin1::tongue::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:
...or, at least, moving things forward a step...

I must admit, I've had some very enjoyable time moving things forward... slowly (and, yes, getting there!).

I appreciate all the advice.

On a note of update, things were a little bouncy tonight. I had work and an old buddy of mine sprung it on me when I got off that he was in the area. Directly after, this girl in question calls and I guess has some girlfriend in the back giggling at everything I say. I was hesitant to reschedule with my friend, and I thought it would be a good way to see if she's really that interested.

I went to a public place near my area to meet my friend. We had a long conversation and caught up on what's been going on since we've been in college. This girl calls me again, but this time there's some other guy friend of hers in the background. (Like I said, she may just like having guys as friends) She was right in the same area at another store. I was pretty casual about it and said I was a few doors over and to come say hi. Here's the strange part. She saw some friends at the place before I was within line of sight and wound up just chatting with them then leaving before I even got to say hi to her. I was online earlier this evening and we chatted for a bit. I just kept it light and happy. It seemed to end on a good note but there's still so much doubt involved.

Yeah, I'm pretty much striking out. Maybe next time everyone.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry to hear that. Learn from this experience and maybe next time it will work out.

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ok fwiw
my voodoo emodar tells me
she's interested but not quite ready
you have been holding off for a reason - you have been picking up the subtle cues that she's not quite ready yet - you are doing well holding off and getting her warmed up enough that shes telling her friends how shes becoming almost ready and how youre such a wellbehaved dude and theyre all giggling
but
bad move to not change your plans in order to accomodate her - it would have been a good idea to introduce her to your friend - she wants to be sure youre available when she wants - thats her test of commitment and she gave you a litle bit of a cold shoulder after because of it - so be more proactive about setting the next time and you might have to potpone it by one more date now ... my 6th sense also tells me she's not as experienced as you might think and is quite nervous and a bit unsure (she probably hides it well but your 6th sense is correctly picking up the uncertainty) but she is interested
so I would advise you to keep up the game plan dont drop the ball and follow through on suggested changes in order to get to the home stretch

but i could be wrong lol personally i couldnt go through with such a long process but I think you have the endurance to do it

True that double true Str82fcuk.

We're getting together today, by her suggestion. Hopefully this will be a better night. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Update:

So, it's been a week since my last dilemma. I wound up taking 36DD's advice, ironically.

As I said before, I'm rather shy, and a pretty old-fashioned respectful guy, so I saw no reason why I shouldn't just take the ride and be there for her when she needs me. She's called me everyday and gotten more and more excited about seeing me. She's shown me her house, she's been to mine a few times and commented on how much fun she's been having with me. This doesn't really mean anything more than a good friendship necc., but I thought I'd point out that she's been very touchy-feely, and generally plans her nights around time with me. On top of all this, she's started text messaging me, and even drops pretty obvious flirts. I'm head over heels for her, and the excitement has motivated me to start getting in shape again and taking my medication. Even if it doesn't go further, I'd say all is well.

Thanks 36DD, I owe you an apology.

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm glad you took 36DD's advice and took the time to build something that'll be better and last longer ... at this point the more you 'edge' the hotter it's gonna be but it sounds like it's really just a matter of a short time and the degree of heat now :) well done ! keep it up ;)

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update:

So, it's been a week since my last dilemma. I wound up taking 36DD's advice, ironically.

As I said before, I'm rather shy, and a pretty old-fashioned respectful guy, so I saw no reason why I shouldn't just take the ride and be there for her when she needs me. She's called me everyday and gotten more and more excited about seeing me. She's shown me her house, she's been to mine a few times and commented on how much fun she's been having with me. This doesn't really mean anything more than a good friendship necc., but I thought I'd point out that she's been very touchy-feely, and generally plans her nights around time with me. On top of all this, she's started text messaging me, and even drops pretty obvious flirts. I'm head over heels for her, and the excitement has motivated me to start getting in shape again and taking my medication. Even if it doesn't go further, I'd say all is well.

I'm so happy to have been some help to you...and btw...no apology is necessary...and good luck there:biggrin1:, whatever the outcome!

B_icem

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update:

whip it out....

Another Update:

It seemed that she couldn't wait to hang out with me again...and all of a sudden...nothing.

She stopped answering calls, stopped answering texts, and I know this chick always has her fuckin' phone on her because that's how this all started...with her going after me.

I did absolutely nothing wrong and have been ignored solidly for a week. I'm still getting up and doing what I need to do everyday, but I kind of figured this year would end like this. Such a shame and heartbreaker.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another Update:

It seemed that she couldn't wait to hang out with me again...and all of a sudden...nothing.

She stopped answering calls, stopped answering texts, and I know this chick always has her fuckin' phone on her because that's how this all started...with her going after me.

I did absolutely nothing wrong and have been ignored solidly for a week. I'm still getting up and doing what I need to do everyday, but I kind of figured this year would end like this. Such a shame and heartbreaker.
Sounds like she is a flake. You should put your efforts into someone else, as hard as that may be to do.

VERY hard, but I was recently put in this position, and my last "girlfriend" taught me a valuable lesson too, so I knew I had to bite the bullet.

I am definitely moving on, but I'm not going to let it stop me from continuing my diet and exercise motivation. I think my meds are finally giving me the kick I need and I'd hate to go back down in the depths of mental hell over a chick.