Girls, Do you like shy guys?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by las000005, Mar 12, 2009.

1. las000005

las000005 New Member

I am a shy guy and I was wondering what your opinion is on this matter? Some girls really seem to like it and others no.

2. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Depends on what you mean by shy.

If you're just shy at first and warm up nicely I like that....it's kinda cute.

If you're extremely shy and remain a bit timid or afraid to express what you want or don't eventually warm up to others (mainly friends and people you'd be around a great deal) then it's not cute at all.

I like my men to be open, assertive, etc.....but not always overbearing. There is a fine line....a time to be shy and a time to be aggressive.

3. tallmanluke

tallmanluke New Member

LAS, what reason do you have to be shy? In my experience confidence (not arrogance) is one of the biggest turn ons for women. Confidence includes: not being needy for her attention, initiating sex in an assertive manner, being physically forceful during sex.

I don't mean raping her, I mean spanking/holding wrists/pushing/moving her head with her hair/grabbing her neck/slamming her against the wall.

I used to be shy too, but then I found out that I got better results by not being shy. Shyness is a bit of a catch 22. If you're shy you're gonna do something wrong and get bad results, you'll get bad results because you are being shy.

I think any woman will tell you that a nice/shy guy is "cute." I personally don't want to be "cute." I want to be dead schmexy. ;)

4. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

very well said.....down right dead schmexy ;)

5. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    While I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong or right, but your suggestions seem to be targeted to an existing sexual relationship. I'm just wondering if that is what OP is asking, or if he is asking about picking up women.

6. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I'm not sure if we are talking about shyness with regard to relationships or sex or both??

Although confidence is sexy...too much is hideous in my opinion.

I think as long as someone feels okay within themself then that is fine...more and more I am thinking now that I would like to be with someone who is happy with NOT overly confident or too self assuming...someone more considerate.

Arrogance can be soooo bloody aggrovating.

And besides if a guy is a lil shy I can shock him or make him blush!!!:wink:

7. tallmanluke

tallmanluke New Member

Thank you darling. :biggrin1:

True. I would personally act the same way no matter what. If I've gained enough rapport with a woman I have just met, and I feel like she's turned on enough, I will go for a light passionate kiss. If she responds well to this action, I will give her a dirty smile while staring deep into her eyes. I'll then grab her by the back of her neck with one hand and the small of her back with the other and pull her into me. My upper hand will slowly move to her hair, at which point I'll grab a fistfull and pull down hard exposing her neck. This gives me a great oppertunity to give her a bite and push her forcefully against the wall.

Look what you've made me do. I'm getting carried away here. :tongue:

Arrogance is terrible. No one likes arrogance.

Maybe the OP can specify which part of the relationship he is talking about. Are we talking pick up, first time initiating sex, or already in the sexual relationship?

8. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

It seems like you're discussing shyness as if it were a choice. Like a "Oh I think I'll be shy for the next phase of my life" kind of thing. I think introversion and extroversion are no more of a choice than sexual orientation. One can absolutely learn to suppress their introversion given strong enough determination, willpower, and practice (like I have been for the last couple of years). But it's not easy, and the introversion is still going to be there at the core, albeit in a suppressed and/or overcome state. If being shy was merely a choice, I don't think any significant portion of the population would choose it.

I'm pretty sure he's mostly talking about general social interactions; social skills, etc. Particularly when applied to dealings with females.

9. tallmanluke

tallmanluke New Member

You can become more extroverted with practice. I know I have.

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree that you can become extroverted with practice because I have as well. And by putting shyness aside I had some wonderful relationships that boosted my confidence, which led to more relationship and sexual success, and so on.

My experience is that women generally aren't attracted to shy men and they generally prefer men who are mature and confident, but that doesn't mean you should cross the line to arrogant and / or agressive. As a man I prefer a woman who knows herself too, and a shy or quiet woman is a turn-off for me.

11. Neziegh

Neziegh New Member

Women love when they can make you blush. Don't really know why, i find it funny :D

Other aspect of shyness aren't that liked. More than shyness it can work looking "problematic". I know, when i was younger, i looked a problematic guy, and i was much more successful.
    Now that i'm older (i'm still 23, god), that i pratice a lot of sport, that i have a taste in dressing, that i've straightened my life, that i no longer ruin myself complaining and with other things, that i simply find myself much better, ironically girl find me a lot less attractive.

Because men loves god, but prefer judas.

#11 Neziegh, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  12. Charlie14

Charlie14 Member

I don't know if I would say I am shy as much as I am extremely introverted socially.. but it's weird.. because I can be social a lot of times.. and I can be impulsive and take charge at times. But when I try to be extroverted when I am feeling introverted it usually turns into a disaster... I just hate being the center of attention. I become EXTREMELY self conscious.. and sometimes it is so powerful it makes me do the opposie.. become obnoxious. It's weird.

13. RamIt

RamIt Member

He who has confindence in himself, gains the confidence of others.

Most women have a hard time understanding why they should like you, or be sure about liking you, if you are unsure about liking yourself.

14. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I really do love shy guys. But not the guys who are just bullshiting about it. I find so many guys will play the shy card trying to pass themselves off as being the "nice shy guy" but them 3 weeks later you find out they are the biggest players.

A shy guy knows how to be playful without being pushy. He will be just as experimental as any confident/arrogant guy but will be happier when he gets it. He wont pressure you into doing anything but will ask sweetly and get the same (or better) results.

15. greatdickismydrug

greatdickismydrug New Member

A shy guy with a big, thick, dick? Ooooo Yes. Please don't try to be something you're not. That never works, is all too obvious, and a big turn-off.

16. poizen-ivy

poizen-ivy New Member

Albums:
    It takes more than just 1 character trait of a personality for me to make my opinion up.
    Shy, crazy, wild, quiet is all great, but it's about the person.

But! 'they' do say opposites attract, of which I am a firm believer.

Sorry this isn't much help.

17. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    I actually really like it when a guy is shy, quiet, reserved, cautious. Makes it all the hotter when he crazy and wild in the bedroom.

18. D_Selmus_Swallow

D_Selmus_Swallow Account Disabled

Clearly you need to be closer to Chicago for my liking...oh damn that's not the shy-guy thing to do here, shit! :tongue:

*retreats to his shell*

:biggrin1:

19. AlbertCunning

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I don't know about that.

I think those qualities in a guy will, more often than not, exclude the possibility of ending up in the bedroom with anyone.

20. Dr. Algonquin

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm very shy and can say from 27 years experience nobody is attracted to that. Lots of women find it cute/sweet/nice/etc but that only gets you into the "friend zone." At best she'll want to hook you up with someone but have no any interest in dating you herself. Now, being slightly shy can be a plus but it has to be shyness that warms over very quickly or they'll lose interest long before you get anywhere.

Bottom line confidence is attractive. If you're not confident you're not attractive. If you're confident but quiet/reserved, you're still good to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted