Girls has misterious ways.....

sisifo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...... to me. it seems i never realize when a girl wants something with me,
they have to actually SAY me, plainly, what they want. it may sound weird, i'm a grown person, but i never developed the skill to "read"
the signs for knowing when a girl wants to have a relationship. there are
"paterns" ? i'm latin, living in a latin country where it's supossed the man
takes the fist step. guys proposes and girls says yes or not. i never did
that. worse, i had a little understanding of girls of my age (52) but thing
have changed here, there was a couple of experiences i have had i was confused about. please ! someone tell me what are the signs, i never go
bars, or dancing, please do not laugh on me, it's a sad thing to know by
a third person i have lost an opportunity.

chaosaysmu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The typical male brain (not every guy is going be "typical", and many more will have more "female" ways of thinking than might be expected) is wired to socialize in certain ways, whereas the typical female brain is wired in other ways. The iconic female brain is more equipped to handle subtle "emotional" reasoning and abstractions that males may find difficult; autism and related disorders affecting socialization are sometimes thought of as being very extreme forms of masculine thinking and mental processing traits.

What seems like an obvious and blunt come-on to a woman may be subtle and stealthy to the point of being indecipherable to most guys, particularly outside of contexts where such behavior is expected. This isn't to say that women are the only ones causing confusion: the overtness of masculine socialization can be overbearing or even seem threatening to many women.

Of course, this doesn't apply to all individuals of a given sex or gender; it's just what is considered neurologically and psychologically "typical", so far as I understand things. Mind, my background is in anthropology, not psych, so i'm sure i mixed up some things.

The main thing to keep in mind is that every woman is a unique human being, and will express herself differently. If you have the chance to get to know a girl, spend time watching how she reacts to things she likes or dislikes, and then think about how she reacts when you're near. Keep in mind that some women (and men, too) are more affectionate physically and emotionally than others, even without a romantic or sexual intent. However, sometimes you just have to take a chance and ask her if she's interested!

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Girls are hard to read that is for sure.

I can figure out if a girl likes some other guy quick, I figure it out before she does...or at least before she is willing to admit it.
WIth a girl liking me I do ok, but previously when I was in highschool oh man I could miss ANY size clue.

to put it in the short version, a girl was sitting around talking to me and she said "I wish I could date a guy just like you, do you know anybody just like you?"
and I thought for a little bit and was like
"no, not really."

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like what Bill Cosby said on the Cosby show. "You better learn to be psychic around women."

Women are complex. They never say what they want and you better damn well know what it is.

For example, Valentines Day:
Man: Honey, what do you want for Valentine's Day.
Woman: Oh, nothing, you dont have to get me anything. Maybe just a card.

If you actually believe her and show up with a card, you will get the biggest stink eye in the world. Why? Because you are supposed to know that is not what she meant. And, you better know what she really wanted. If you dont, it means that you do not pay enough attention to her and are not thinking as much about her as she would like to think you do.

Men are straight forward. "I am Hungry. I am sleepy. I am horny." You know where a man is coming from.

I have always wondered if lesbian relationships work out better because you have two women who know the rules and are sensitive to those subtleties. Men are stupid in that area.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...... to me. it seems i never realize when a girl wants something with me,
they have to actually SAY me, plainly, what they want. it may sound weird, i'm a grown person, but i never developed the skill to "read"
the signs for knowing when a girl wants to have a relationship. there are
"paterns" ? i'm latin, living in a latin country where it's supossed the man
takes the fist step. guys proposes and girls says yes or not. i never did
that. worse, i had a little understanding of girls of my age (52) but thing
have changed here, there was a couple of experiences i have had i was confused about. please ! someone tell me what are the signs, i never go
bars, or dancing, please do not laugh on me, it's a sad thing to know by
a third person i have lost an opportunity.

I think it does help when you meet a woman who love and cares about you and vice versa. Then you can actually learn about her and her needs. I think over time couples can get better at reading each other. Maybe also you are shy and it may take a while for you to trust and feel confident around women. I wish you well.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
A man is walking along a beach, he accidentally kicks a bottle and a genie appears. The genie says for freeing me I will grant you one wish.

The guy says I always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I am afraid to fly. Can you build me a bridge to Hawaii? The genie looks at him and says that is a long bridge and would be very difficult to build. Is there anything else you want?

The guy says yes, I have always wanted to understand women.

The genie replies, how many lanes do you want on that bridge?