Girls.....masturbation

FelixG: how many times a day do you girls masturbate?

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
That is like asking guys how often they jack off. Some as many times a day as they can get away with, others 1 or 2 times. And if you say you don't jack off, you are a liar. I personally know a girl who will masterbate all day long (12+ hours) then not play with herself for a few weeks. When we have sex, she tends to play with herself more because she can't get enough.

gigantikok: Moved this over here because I thought it would fit well in this section.  Hope it's ok with you, Sammy! :)  

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled topic...

wvalady1968: [quote author=FelixG link=board=women;num=1065159262;start=0#0 date=07/30/03 at 07:17:11]how many times a day do you girls masturbate?[/quote]

Sometimes - twice a day, other times - twice a week.
Of course, it depends on how often I'm having sex, how stimulating my life is, and the ever present "time of the month".
:)

emilywee: for me it varies, usually only a couple times a week. about once a month i end up doing it 4 or 5 times in a single day.

sammygirly: Exactly - I think I answered this somewhere else (or I'm just having a serious blonde moment) but it really depends on how I'm feeling.

I can't really say I do it on schedule, consistently - it just happens. Lots or none. No big deal to me either way if I'm not in the right frame of mind

honeydarlins: Most of the time i masturbate about 3 times a week. But there is times when I do it several times in one day. I bought a glass dildo and its fantastic for masturbation.

inquiringmind: Hi ,
To quote a song, "When it hits you you will holler , yes indeed...."

Inquiring mind

H8Monga: Girls masturbate? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My mind is officially blown!

Actually I'm aware that they do but why don't they admit it? I remember seeing Joceyln Elders at school and she talked about the percentage of men and women who masturbate... and the rest lie. But there isn't a need to lie.

gigantikok: But I think guys are expected and totally encouraged to masturbate. They say it prevents prostate cancer, and promotes healthy sexuality and so on. Plus, most guys do need to clean the pipes out every once in awhile. However, alot of women have this weird, skewwed opinion that if they admit to masturbating alot, they are going to be viewed as sluts. At least that is my theory as to why many women lie about it.

H8Monga: Viewed as sluts? For both sexes it's better to play with yourself than with a bunch of others. I'm quite the slut if I say so myself... but I guess I'm slowing down with age  ::)

gigantikok: Never said I agreed with it. It is silly, but many girls I have talked to about masturbation seem to have that opinion.

Valkyrie: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=women;num=1065159262;start=0#9 date=10/05/03 at 23:26:48]But I think guys are expected and totally encouraged to masturbate.  They say it prevents prostate cancer, and promotes healthy sexuality and so on.  Plus, most guys do need to clean the pipes out every once in awhile.  However, alot of women have this weird, skewwed opinion that if they admit to masturbating alot, they are going to be viewed as sluts.  At least that is my theory as to why many women lie about it.[/quote]

Sadly all too true - I think this was discussed in an other thread on the women's boards as well. It's somewhere along the expectations on what is OK for a man and what is OK for a woman.

As Gig says - men are almost expected to masturbate - it's a normal part of a man's sex life. No one will think anything is wrong and, at least in my impression, it's something that is discussed among men.

Now take the same scenario to women. Most women will _never_ hear another woman admit to the fact that she is masturbating. It's almost never discussed and if the subject is brought up - fairly quickly swept under the carpet. The general concept being that "it's something that only guy's do" or at least something that is shameful for a woman to do.

Really too bad, as it's a great way for both sexes to get to know their body, their sexual response and what feels good for them.

/Val

wvalady1968: Many religions view it as a shameful thing to do for both genders, but especially for girls. They even call it by names like "abusing yourself". I have had Catholic girlfriends who were shocked at the suggestion that it was natural.

My mom used to tell us, "It's private. Go in your room and close your door."

;)

chicago_girl: If I am having sex regularly, that is more than once a week I hardly masturbate at all. Otherwise it's an everyday thing.

ORCABOMBER: I had a friend who was about to make a "huge" confession.
She masturbates.

For me, that sounds like a really dumb thing to be ashamed about, but I treat everyone like a guy anyway! :D

But as mentioned, male self-pleasure is seen as something to be joked about, to be mentioned, expected, how many crap US comedies (no flames please) have men jacking off in it, but how many would have women?

It's like the last taboo or something. Just one thing, for the ladies, when did you start? Was it a natural progression, or something you read about? Excuse the ignorance, it just biases my decision to cuss a local paper or not. ::)

petite_girl: I don't masturbate. It's not like I view it as dirty or something--I just don't feel that much pleasure from it. For me, a physical response of the body without love is too empty. I need there to be another person there, interacting with me. I've tried to masturbate once or twice, but it usually just depresses me.

longtimelurker: [quote author=ORCABOMBER link=board=women;num=1065159262;start=0#15 date=10/06/03 at 08:48:18]
But as mentioned, male self-pleasure is seen as something to be joked about, to be mentioned, expected, how many crap US comedies (no flames please) have men jacking off in it, but how many would have women?[/quote]

Hmm... Sex and the City??? Admittedly, that is a bit of a 'special' case, but there was an entire episode about Charlotte getting addicted to her vibrator.

I think that masturbating with a vibrator may well be seen as something different to masturbating 'au naturelle' as it were, and may well be more favourably viewed. Success of things like Ann Summer's parties testify somewhat to that fact.

Tender: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=women;num=1065159262;start=0#18 date=10/06/03 at 17:14:54]I have two words: mutual masturbation![/quote]
Geo,
you make no sense here.
i dont get it ???
if its mutual,
then why masterbate??
id rather have the real thing :-/