Girls what do you think about guys who wax or shave their legs...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by lowteg, Sep 11, 2008.

1. lowteg

lowteg Member

Ok so I have never shaved of waxed my legs before but just recently after I have been playing a lot more sports and also as I go to the GYM around 5-6 days a week I am thinking about shaving my legs but just have this feeling that it will make me less Manley??..

Just thought I would like some insight from the lovely ladies on LPSG to see what they think about guys who wax or shave their legs...

Also I currently shave wax currently my Arms, Chest, pubic area ect ect...

Thanks
    x.

2. Runco

Runco New Member

I am not sure why you would want to shave your legs. Unless you are a competition level swimmer, there is no point removing all your body hair. I definitely think shaved legs would make you look less manly (and may even make you look prepubescent/ill). As to the rest of your body hair, I think trimming it/keeping it controlled is one thing. Shaving it all off is something else entirely. I personally would not find a man who shaved/waxed his armpits and chest hair attractive. I think chest hair should be left alone (but some women prefer it waxed). On men, armpit hair looks better trimmed (to me). An empty armpit on a man looks a bit feminine. As to the pubic region, each to their own. Again, I like pubes on a guy but they have to be groomed. An absence of pubic hair would, for me, be a complete turn off.

3. lowteg

lowteg Member

I still have armpit hair I don't think I would shave that off, that was not on my list =)

But where I live in the world I believe 85% of the girls around here like guys with a waxed/shaved chest.

Thank you for your thoughts on this issue.

4. TripHammer

TripHammer Active Member

Albums:
    Silver Lake, Los Angeles, California, USA, Sol 3,
    more than how it looks, when guys (or anyone) shave their legs, when the hair starts to grow back (which is almost immediately) , it's prickly and stubbly and rough. i'd much rather prefer running my hand along a hairy soft leg, than a (inherently never completely) shaven prickly one. ditto for chest, arms and pubes.
    how hairy could your arms possibly be that they need shaving? men have hair on them.
    for your chest and pubes, just TRIM. when you shave body hair, it always comes back in rougher. unless you're REALLY hairy or it's a fetish for you to be hairless, being who you actually are is always better.
    of course, i'm not a girl, so all this might be moot in your eyes.

5. curiomeerkat

curiomeerkat New Member

Albums:
    I think pubic hair should be trimed and kept neat, chest and arm hair should be left alone as that is just SEXY!

However hair on back or fuzzy arses should be waxed they are crime against nature! :damnit:

I would advise you against shaving your legs as Triphammer says it will grow back pricklier and thicker than before and then you'll have to keep shaving your legs to keep it under control.

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It seems to be the latest fad here in Spain in guys under 25. They all seem to have started shaving their legs in the last few months. :confused:

7. D_Della Doubledees

D_Della Doubledees New Member

The same is NOT true of waxing, however... just so you know, only shaving... Waxing actually pulls hair out at the root, and often you will experience that your hair will grow back finer, and thinner. However, waxing can be a bit painful at first, though I rather enjoy it, now.

I dated one guy who was into full body waxing. He was an ex-swimmer, although I think he was also a bit-self-conscious of his body hair because it was darker.

I personally liked it. I don't have an opinion as to whether I liked it 'better' or not, because I never saw him with full-on hair.... but on him, it was sexy.

8. TripHammer

TripHammer Active Member

Albums:
    Silver Lake, Los Angeles, California, USA, Sol 3,
    true, true, sweetp... you wax both entire legs? if so, it's a testament to the fact that women DO have higher pain thresholds than men. yowch. i couldn't imagine. but indeed it keeps the hair gone longer.

9. lowteg

lowteg Member

heres a question...

if you shave something first, then let it grow back then get it waxed will it then grow back finer???

thanks for the replies..

yeah well I do actually do a lil swimming maby twice a week and I go to the gym a lot...My hair is a little dark and probly 80% of my male friends shave their legs too...

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Oh for the love of heaven, stop being such a lemming. :irked:
    I never use this word like this but shaving your legs, chest, arms etc. is GAY! It's permissible if you are a competitive body builder or swimmer, otherwise you look gay. :rolleyes: :duh: A real man might trim his pubes; but the rest should be allowed to grow naturally.

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I would think you were gay. Which is awesome.

12. lowteg

lowteg Member

lol I am defiantly not gay..because I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveee girls...

they key reason I am thinking about doing this is because...

- I play a lot of sports...oztag, football ect ect
    - go to the guy 5-6 days a week..
    - do a bit of swimming too...

13. D_Della Doubledees

D_Della Doubledees New Member

I shaved until I was in my early 20's... been waxing for about 12 years...
    it took a while... maybe 3-6 months before the hair started to change consistency.

I did notice right away, though... with waxing, there are no more ingrown hairs!!!!:smile:

14. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I'm ok with it either way. Wax/shave or not. Doesn't matter to me, as long as the guy is well groomed and has good hygiene.

15. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

The idea that hair grows back coarser when you shave it is an old wives' tale. People's body hair naturally gets slightly coarser with age, shaving or not.

16. morsecode

morsecode New Member

It does get coarser by shaving, is just that it grows with the cutting angle, so its going to have a sharp tip, like beard.

17. Young N Sassy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Total turn off.

How do sports, aside from COMPETING in swimming, not just recreational, persuade you to shave. I don't think leg hair gets in the way of football.

Guys who shave anything are a MAJOR turn off. Especially arms and legs? Weirdddd.

#17 Young N Sassy, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  18. lowteg

lowteg Member

thanks for the comments people

but yeah decided to shave them today. I am happy with them...

my legs are hell thick as I usto do alot of bike riding and I do a fair bit of leg work at the gym so I like the look better...

19. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Which is fine, I don't have a problem with a well groomed man, but asking what it means when a person randomly does wax/shave... makes me think of an over groomed gay man. You playing sports is different though.. it's required and makes things more comfortable for you.

20. Marlboro woman

Marlboro woman New Member

It's a turn-off for me I'm afraid, I prefer men with some body hair.

Draft saved Draft deleted