Girls

Girls what things guys do that you hate or dislike?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Girls what things do guys do that you hate or dislike?
Spit - Do men actually produce extra saliva? :confused:
Not calling - If you are gonna be late or need a raincheck, CALL ME! Heck even a text message will let me know that you aren't dead in a ditch someplace. This will also prevent me from calling you 13 times in 3 hours at work, home, your brothers house and your fave bar.
Sloth - Leave clothes and shoes on the floor as if that was where they belonged. :mad:
Memory - Forgetting your girlfriends birthday, yet remembering the entire starting line up of the 69 NY Mets is unacceptable. :mad:
Gifts - It doesn't matter how long you have been dating, or what she says, you are required to present her with a wrapped gift, for her birthday, Christmas or Hanukkah, and Valentine's Day.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing. :wink:

Most habits are cultural/socially induced, so any "offensive" traits are really not their fault.

Men are wonderful, charming, amazing creatures....

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spit - Do men actually produce extra saliva? :confused: Yes, we also sweat more.
Not calling - If you are gonna be late or need a raincheck, CALL ME! Heck even a text message will let me know that you aren't dead in a ditch someplace. This will also prevent me from calling you 13 times in 3 hours at work, home, your brothers house and your fave bar. I will call only if necessary. I am probably thinking about you and just don't feel the same need to chat. My wife knows that I am working, odd hours, etc. and that I am not in a bar or chasing skirts.
Sloth - Leave clothes and shoes on the floor as if that was where they belonged. :mad: One word: gravity.
Memory - Forgetting your girlfriends birthday, yet remembering the entire starting line up of the 69 NY Mets is unacceptable. :mad: What is the big deal? I don't remember names or dates because little of that has any relevance to a happy life.
Gifts - It doesn't matter how long you have been dating, or what she says, you are required to present her with a wrapped gift, for her birthday, Christmas or Hanukkah, and Valentine's Day. Men don't need all this attention and if I gave my wife a present or flowers, she would go WTF is up? She knows I think about her and I do the "little things" that matter so why worry about the so called "big things" like Valentines Day for Pete's sake.

Show your love for her, talk to her and ask how her day went. I ask her every day how her day went and I get a long, detailed description of events, problems, people and emotions. Every year or two I suggest that maybe she should ask me how my day went, my usual reply is "Fine." It is fairly rare that something unusual enough happens that bears recounting.

Don't be hung up on the small stuff, enjoy life and stop worrying. Relax and life will be good.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Memory - Forgetting your girlfriends birthday, yet remembering the entire starting line up of the 69 NY Mets is unacceptable. :mad: What is the big deal? I don't remember names or dates because little of that has any relevance to a happy life. You remember what's important to you, by forgetting or disregarding her or anyones birthday it's like saying you could care less that they are alive and on the planet.
Gifts - It doesn't matter how long you have been dating, or what she says, you are required to present her with a wrapped gift, for her birthday, Christmas or Hanukkah, and Valentine's Day. Men don't need all this attention and if I gave my wife a present or flowers, she would go WTF is up? IMHO, That's because you have set a bad precedent and she allowed it. She knows I think about her and I do the "little things" that matter so why worry about the so called "big things" like Valentines Day for Pete's sake. You're married and that works for you. However, many newer relationships need help. Most men have no idea how to show they care outside of the bedroom. :rolleyes: These little things mean a lot as they let us know where your head is at.

Show your love for her, talk to her and ask how her day went. I ask her every day how her day went and I get a long, detailed description of events, problems, people and emotions. I try not to give too many details when a man asks me that; because I know they are just being polite in asking. Every year or two I suggest that maybe she should ask me how my day went, my usual reply is "Fine." I always asked my beau this everyday. Sometimes the answer was fine. Sometimes it was I don't want to talk about it, so I left him alone to ruminate until he was ready to be sociable again. It is fairly rare that something unusual enough happens that bears recounting. I guess it depends on your line of work . . . Don't be hung up on the small stuff, enjoy life and stop worrying. Relax and life will be good.

MCA

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, hotmilf, I'm going to set up a cloning lab for you.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You remember what's important to you, by forgetting or disregarding her or anyones birthday it's like saying you could care less that they are alive and on the planet. You are missing my point: I acknowledge that she is in my life every day, I remember to say happy birthday, I just don't and won't buy her a "gift". I was at a trade show once, next to Cowboy Christmas in Las Vegas, my friend and his girlfriend went in to see what it was about. I found an earth-toned vase with buffalo on it that reminded me of Montana and thought that my wife would enjoy it, it was handed to me in a brown paper bag. The girlfriend suggested and then told me that I had to get it gift wrapped and she was incensed that I could be so callous. As my friend explained to her, that is not how "we" work, he is practical like we are and understood completely. My wife looked in the bag and found a vase that she liked and all is good. We don't deal in trivialities and bullshit and yes, it is our style but you should understand that we started that way.
Gifts - Men don't need all this attention and if I gave my wife a present or flowers, she would go WTF is up? IMHO, That's because you have set a bad precedent and she allowed it. "We" set a bad precedent? She knows I think about her and I do the "little things" that matter so why worry about the so called "big things" like Valentines Day for Pete's sake. You're married and that works for you. However, many newer relationships need help. Most men have no idea how to show they care outside of the bedroom. :rolleyes: That may be true, but are presents the answer all women are looking for? These little things mean a lot as they let us know where your head is at. Then men have screwed themselves by giving women presents so they don't have to be engaged in conversation.
I try not to give too many details when a man asks me that; because I know they are just being polite in asking. I listen until she starts repeating her story, but I try to keep one ear open for new details. And another when she is talking about emotions she wants me to listen but not be involved in the conversation, that is sometimes boring and frustrating.. Every year or two I suggest that maybe she should ask me how my day went, my usual reply is "Fine." I always asked my beau this everyday. Sometimes the answer was fine. Sometimes it was I don't want to talk about it, so I left him alone to ruminate until he was ready to be sociable again Each relationship is different. It is fairly rare that something unusual enough happens that bears recounting. I guess it depends on your line of work . .True . Don't be hung up on the small stuff, enjoy life and stop worrying. Relax and life will be good.

I gave this some more thought today and you are right in pointing out that we are in a long term relationship and have defined what works well for us. But I think there is entirely to much importance put on gifts and dates by women, maybe for some of the reasons that you mention and maybe not.

My point:

Would you rather that I grunt and buy you a cheap, gaudy, gift wrapped bauble for some inconsequential occasion, or would you rather that I look deeply into your eyes and tell you that I love you?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing. :wink:

Most habits are cultural/socially induced, so any "offensive" traits are really not their fault.

Men are wonderful, charming, amazing creatures....
You are very sweet !! but i find this hard to believe. Most guys do things that annoy girls and viceversa.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me the thing I really don't like is sexist comments. But then, I don't like it when women make sexist comments either. (And oddly enough, I've known more women who were sexist against women than against men!) However, I'm not interested in dating a woman, so maybe there's that added extra annoyance when a guy makes a comment like that. I also think that gender stereotyping=sexism (just in a milder version).

I realize that not everyone has had my unique life experiences of being discouraged from all my interests and attitudes (particularly when growing up), so sometimes people will say some stereotyping thing without really thinking. I will just call them on that, if I'm dating that person (if it's just someone in a social situation, I usually just bite my tongue because I don't want to get into an argument). But there are some things that I just can't overlook at all.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm simple, basically do not like...

Lying - even if it's one of those lies told to prevent judgement or enhance their position, like about work, height, age, dating status, income, etc.
Because I am not judgmental, and they should know that.

Unmasculine behavior - especially any form of whining.

No contact on a semi-regular basis - I have a thing where if I called you last, you should call me next. Also, generally the guy should do more calling, texting, or email to prove an interest. Nothing is worse than the guy who realizes we haven't talked in over a week and emails or texts (never call or face to face) to ask "why are you mad at me", "you haven't called".

Having said that, I do love men & their quirks. <3