Girth

jlsand: :-[ Anyone so thick you get rub burn or "chafing" at the base of your penis? I also would get like friction burns from just below the head to the base. Have to use a lot of lube.... I always wondered if anyone else had this kind of a problem and what you did about it.....

http://www.livejournal.com/users/johnrand/

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was still using the Magnun XL condoms, I had a problem from the rubber ring at the base of the condom. It would start to cut into the flesh at the base of my penis, eventually becoming painful. If the sex went on for a while, the condom was difficult and sometimes painful to remove, because the ring would have sunk into the flesh, making it hard to get a grip on it to roll the condom off (I've never been able to just pull a condom off), and the area was quite tender.

This has been much better since I switched to the "They Fit" condoms (U22). Besides avoiding this problem, I get a lot more sensation since they fit with less constriction, and recommend that anyone with above-average girth give them a try!

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=ericbear link=board=meetgreet;num=1079026893;start=0#1 date=03/11/04 at 10:27:47]When I was still using the Magnun XL condoms, I had a problem from the rubber ring at the base of the condom.  It would start to cut into the flesh at the base of my penis, eventually becoming painful.  If the sex went on for a while, the condom was difficult and sometimes painful to remove, because the ring would have sunk into the flesh, making it hard to get a grip on it to roll the condom off (I've never been able to just pull a condom off), and the area was quite tender.  

[/quote]

Hmm, the XLs fit me okay and I'm pretty girthsome. But then the ring doesn't reach all the way to my base, I've still got about 3" of exposed skin left when it's rolled all the way on.

grantstephens: I had that happen to me twice back in my college days. I met this really beautiful girl when I was in Interlakken, and the next morning I had a friction burn on the left side right below the head. Wasn't able to fool around with her for about 3 days. Didn't tell anyone except the girl I was with because she was pretty sore too.

The next time this happened was about 9 months later with a girl from my appartment in San Diego. Same problem, same spot. I told my freind about this and of course he told everyone he could and really blew this thing out of proportion. When word got back to this girl, she came over and said "what do you expect, you're thick as a burritto." Needless to say, we tried again and everything was fine over and over and over......

As I grew older the girls became women and more experienced I haven't had that happen since the early 1990's.

tigerwolf: Ugh. You won't catch me dead promoting condoms. *shudder* Nasty things.

Anyways. You can just use lube to fix that. *shrug* A small amount even around the base while you're jerking and screwing someone usually helps as well as coating the shaft. Most people only think that the head and shaft needs it though.