girth

Alligator_Jack: apparently its girth tha matters, as a 10 incher thats 3 inches around would be pretty useless, so what is the ideal girth? i get complaints of mine, being close to 8 inches, but ive heard the average is 4.5, so is 6 the ideal?

jjdov26: a girlfriend of mine once commented that she thougth my penis was "a big one."

Now, I only have 5.5" in length. But my girth is 5".

Since the girth was bigger than average, I figured that is what she was refering to.

7x6andchg: jjdov26 & Alligator -

I can only say that I have had compliments on my 6 and a quarter. Being only 7 1/4 inches long I think most of my complements are on the girth side as well.

7x6&change

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
The "girth factor" certainly can create an optical illusion in the size factor somehow.

A penis of average length (statiscally 5.5" to 6") certainly SEEMS even bigger when given a girth size of 6" or more. On the other extreme however, the same size length with average girth (4.5" to 5"range) is naturally going to "appear" smaller visually...certainly thinner.

That visual effect or "trend" continues on up the scale, too, with longer lengths (at average girths or slightly better than average) "appearing" long and skinny.
It's the GIRTH that gives that "mammoth" effect to the big ones overall. Most partners prefer more girth (than length, generally) as far as the pleasuring potential is concerned.

In surveys I have run across, a girth of 6" is just about the limit of comfort for most. Many posters here who are at 7" or greater often face some real challenges with that size as you no doubt have read about for yourselves..

hungone: Well - as someone who is a little over 6.5 thick - it has never really been a problem. Some guys won't let me fuck them - whereas others - can't wait! I do get lots of stares in the sauna if I get hard though!

Decent: Hi guys,

My first posting, and this is the issue that led me here in the first place. I never thought for a minute that there was much difference in girth actually. But a friend told me I was wrong - and from what I've read here - he was right.

Like some of the other commentators, I'm not that long, just about 6.5, but I do have a nice girth that ranges from 6.5 to 7.

Is it a case of longer = thinner and shorter = thicker ?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=Decent link=board=meetgreet;num=1045245870;start=0#6 date=02/24/03 at 11:57:28]Is it a case of longer = thinner and shorter = thicker?[/quote]

Doubtful -- or at least, it's not quite that simple.

For this discussion, let's assume the average penile girth ranges in the 5" circumference range. Now, two penes: one man carrying a quite lengthy 9" one, and his shorter, stockier friend carrying a more modest 6".

If you put these penes side by side, the first guy will appear skinnier because of his length -- or rather, that his dick's composite emphasizes its length over its girth. The other guy resembles a "fireplug;" his penis appears short and stocky. In this case, because the length and girth measurements are closer to each other, his penis will appear of considerable thickness though it's not all that long.

Something else to consider: who are these penes attached to, hmmm? If guy A with the (perceived)skinny 9-incher is himself tall and lanky, and if guy B is of the short, stocky, muscular persuasion, we might comparatively call guy A's dick skinny but might not say the same about B.

Truth is, comparisons of short and long, girthy and not, are based on perception, not statistical measurements.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think guys who don't have the length, but have the
girth can be perceived as being "big"...
I credit them with that.
Mine is in proportion.. and fat...but, i'd probably trade some of the girth for length if i could.