Giving up Masturbating....

carolinacurious: I totally disagree with people who are saying this is fine for the prostate. As for anecdotal evidence, ask these guys to check back in when they're 60. I never met a 25 year old with lung cancer so smoking must be safe, right?

In any event why not give up lent for masturbation?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by carolinacurious@Feb 10 2005, 09:36 AM
I totally disagree with people who are saying this is fine for the prostate. As for anecdotal evidence, ask these guys to check back in when they're 60. I never met a 25 year old with lung cancer so smoking must be safe, right?

[post=281713]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for your apropos statements, carolinacurious. If this doesn't make some young dudes rethink their decisions I give up.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by carolinacurious@Feb 10 2005, 04:36 AM
I totally disagree with people who are saying this is fine for the prostate. As for anecdotal evidence, ask these guys to check back in when they're 60. I never met a 25 year old with lung cancer so smoking must be safe, right?

The people who say masturbation in your teens and twenties is good for the prostate are the physicians and research on cancer. These are just people. However, I doubt very seriously that giving up masturbation for 40 days of lent is going to have any long term affect on the prostate. Sure it puts a burden on it to get rid of the semen that isn't ejaculated, but that is how the body works.

I agree that the effect on the mind is different. It wil vary from person to person. Some guys will take it in stride with no apparent problems. Other guys will have raging hardons, precum and all of that. There is no set pattern for how changing maturbation procedures will affect you.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, things start going downhill in old age because there are no selective forces working on that stage of life. It's like rust on cars; no one cared about rust on the old cars because the parts would stop working long before they got rusty.

nicholas

Just Browsing
Media
hmm...40 days without masturbation.....good luck....

My record was two weeks without masturbation..at that time, I was very busy with my work and I wanted to know my record... :p

The biggest temptation for me is always when I wake up in the morning with hardon.....(this temptation is every day... :lol: ).....it is hard not to jerk off with morning wood....

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
I'm giving it up for lent, too. 40 days out of my whole life is not going to destroy my prostate. I usually do it 4-5 times (or sometimes more) per day, and the first three days without just about killed me. I almost went crazy. When you get used to all the epinephrine and endorphins being released all the time, it's a lot like being addicted to a drug...

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
heh we'll have to get updates on this sorta thing, or start a blog on it. I bet you'll come up with some funny stories through the next few weeks.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by ebviking+Feb 9 2005, 01:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ebviking &#064; Feb 9 2005, 01:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I may be a little naieve, but why would you obstain from masterbating?
I can understand not drinkng or smokng or eating red meat or something like that.
It gives your body a chance to recouperate and makes you more healthy.

But, masterbation??

What&#39;s the point??

I mean, you wouldn&#39;t give up your other bodily functions would you?
[post=281460]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

For Lent, you give up something that gives you pleasure. Jerking off obviously gives people pleasure.

Originally posted by NineInchCock_160IQ@Feb 10 2005, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Feb 9 2005, 08:58 PM
Going 40 days without a good yank won&#39;t hurt you physically and your prostate will take care of itself. Your mental condition during this process, will however be a completely different story.
[post=281602]Quoted post[/post]​

My friend Ben is a 25 year-old virgin. He had never masturbated in his life until there was a problem with one of his testicles and they needed a semen sample from him. So he had to jerk off then, and to date, this has been his one and only time. He thinks he may have experienced a spontaneous orgasm once at a swimming pool after seeing a girl he was infatuated with come out in a bikini. If so, that makes 2 orgasms in his life. Anyway.... unless you count the fact that Ben is a really weird guy... I don&#39;t think you could say his mental status has been affected any. Maybe for a compulsive masturbator like myself or probably most of the guys here, abstinence would take a heavier toll. But it&#39;s definitely not going to kill you and you can get through it.

I have read an article stating that men who ejaculated regularly were less likely to get certain kinds of prostate or testicular cancers. But... these days seems like there isn&#39;t anything left that doesn&#39;t cause cancer... so I wouldn&#39;t break your vow for lent on account of that.
[post=281710]Quoted post[/post]​

I don&#39;t trust guys that don&#39;t jerk off. Either he really is lying, or something&#39;s up. There&#39;s just someting I find untrustworthy about someone who doesn&#39;t asturbate, dude or chick.

Originally posted by carolinacurious@Feb 10 2005, 04:36 AM
I totally disagree with people who are saying this is fine for the prostate. As for anecdotal evidence, ask these guys to check back in when they&#39;re 60. I never met a 25 year old with lung cancer so smoking must be safe, right?

That was way clever&#33; You get two chocolate chip cookies&#33;

<!--QuoteBegin-nicholas
@Feb 12 2005, 05:35 AM
hmm...40 days without masturbation.....good luck....

My record was two weeks without masturbation..at that time, I was very busy with my work and I wanted to know my record... :p

The biggest temptation for me is always when I wake up in the morning with hardon.....(this temptation is every day... :lol: ).....it is hard not to jerk off with morning wood....
[post=282277]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

My record is 3 months. But that was because I had pnuemonia in both my lungs. I had spent one month in the hospital, and then my doc said I wasn&#39;t to gou out for two months, which I spent at home. Pnuemonia is the worst, holy gosh. In all honesty, I had more nergy when I had it than I did while I was recovering. Ask hung_big how awful I looked. I showed him a picture of me at home in recovery (there&#39;s only two redeeming qualities about that picture - my brothers Leo and Anthony were in it with me).

nicholas

Just Browsing
Media
My record is 3 months. But that was because I had pnuemonia in both my lungs. I had spent one month in the hospital, and then my doc said I wasn&#39;t to gou out for two months, which I spent at home. Pnuemonia is the worst, holy gosh. In all honesty, I had more nergy when I had it than I did while I was recovering. Ask hung_big how awful I looked. I showed him a picture of me at home in recovery (there&#39;s only two redeeming qualities about that picture - my brothers Leo and Anthony were in it with me).
[post=282964]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

well...surferboy....what about if you are not sick? what is your record?
How do you deal with your hardon every morning?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
[post=282964]Quoted post[/post]​

well...surferboy....what about if you are not sick? what is your record?
How do you deal with your hardon every morning?
[post=283061]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Like, 5 days. As for dealing with morning wood, do you mean now, or when I was in recovery?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by HungSpermBoy@Feb 14 2005, 07:59 PM
This must be some weird catholic thing. I&#39;ve never heard of giving up something that is natural for your body. It&#39;s like giving up dreaming or having emotions.
[post=283106]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, Lent is a Catholic thing. And you don&#39;t have to give up jerking off. You have to give up something that brings you joy and pleasure. Some people give up TV and video games, some people give up sex and jerking off.

carolinacurious:
That was way clever&#33; You get two chocolate chip cookies&#33;

A thanks to you Nix and a belated one to KinkGuy, it&#39;s nice to know someone appreciates my sense of humor.

Ok, I&#39;m going to give an inch, but just one. It was this comment in particular that got me started on the health risks:

Once you start to do it you will see that as long as you keep yourself busy you want even notice. If you are used to regular j/o sessions it is going to be hard for the first week or so. Just be strong. You will also start to understand that you really don&#39;t need it. You just do it cause you can.

Timothy Leary, who died of prostate cancer, advised that we should all try to rub one out a day and it seems like good advice to me. Thirty days without, one time, probably isn&#39;t that big of a deal (but I am not a doctor); it&#39;s certainly not as bad as it would be to make it an annual event. But I still have to say why? Why do something that is unpleasant that may result in something terribly unpleasant? I&#39;m not ignoring the feeling of personal satisfaction that you may get from observing Lent, merely noting that there are plenty of other ways to observe Lent that don&#39;t have prostate cancer as a possible outcome.

nicholas

Just Browsing
Media
well.....it depends on the person....some people prefer to giving up masturbation..some people prefer to giving up their favourite food or even smoking.

For me...I like the challenge....40 days without jerking off sounds like an interesting challenge.
well, for me, food is not a hard thing to be avoided...but, jerking off surely does.

It has been one week for me.......so far so good :p

Like I said....the morning wood is the biggest temptation...that is why, I do it mostly in the morning.
Especially if I remember that my ex used to wait for my morning wood to do her &#39;surprise present&#39; for me.

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by nicholas@Feb 15 2005, 03:32 AM
It has been one week for me.......so far so good :p

Like I said....the morning wood is the biggest temptation...that is why, I do it mostly in the morning.
Especially if I remember that my ex used to wait for my morning wood to do her &#39;surprise present&#39; for me.
[post=283237]Quoted post[/post]​
I have a blog on here about it now. Feel free to use the comments feature on there to keep each other on track. Congrats on the week, it seems that it is getting a lot easier as time goes on.

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by carolinacurious@Feb 14 2005, 10:13 PM
[Timothy Leary, who died of prostate cancer, advised that we should all try to rub one out a day and it seems like good advice to me. Thirty days without, one time, probably isn&#39;t that big of a deal (but I am not a doctor); it&#39;s certainly not as bad as it would be to make it an annual event. But I still have to say why? Why do something that is unpleasant that may result in something terribly unpleasant? I&#39;m not ignoring the feeling of personal satisfaction that you may get from observing Lent, merely noting that there are plenty of other ways to observe Lent that don&#39;t have prostate cancer as a possible outcome.
[post=283184]Quoted post[/post]​
And Timothy Leary still died of prostate cancer, right?

After several studies about sex and masturbation and their various effects on prostate health, this study has suddenly been taken seriously by the general public, yet I don&#39;t see it as a serious study. I mean, they polled a bunch of old men about how often they jerked it when they were young. I would imagine 80-year-old men have nothing better to rememember than exactly how times they jerked it per week when they were 23, right? I guess what I&#39;m saying is, I&#39;ll wait for a little more corroboration of these findings instead of basing my entire opinion on the issue on one study. Especially when there are so many other things that go into it--diet, genetics, physical activity...

carolinacurious: "And Timothy Leary still died of prostate cancer, right?"

Oh, you&#39;re a clever one. Found that right there buried in the first part of my sentence did you?

"Timothy Leary, who died of prostate cancer"

Yes, Tim still died of prostate cancer. By the time he was diagnosed it was a bit late for him to go back and jack off every day for the preceeding 60 years. But it wasn&#39;t too late for him to try to find out everything he could and to warn others.

The rest of your post is well taken, assuming that you are correct about the nature of the studies. It&#39;s all about risk and reward, for me it just doesn&#39;t take that much to convince me to jack off.

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by carolinacurious@Feb 15 2005, 11:52 AM
"And Timothy Leary still died of prostate cancer, right?"

Oh, you&#39;re a clever one. Found that right there buried in the first part of my sentence did you?
Yes, I&#39;m clever. :D
The rest of your post is well taken, assuming that you are correct about the nature of the studies. It&#39;s all about risk and reward, for me it just doesn&#39;t take that much to convince me to jack off.
[post=283296]Quoted post[/post]​
I agree. Although I highly doubt the prospect of prostate cancer 40 years away is most peoples&#39; main motivation for masturbating. :) I see other reasons to slow down with it; for example, too much of this good thing can decrease sensitivity when something less abrasive than a hand is involved. My j/o technique tends to be really tight, and if that&#39;s the only way I can get off, I think a break is in order. I thought about just decreasing frequency to around once a week, but for now I figured I&#39;ll let it be a Lenten thing (even though I&#39;m not Catholic).

I&#39;ve never tried to stop masturbating.

I have tried to break my record of times in one day though. Got painful after about 8...

Anyone know what the world record is, btw?

riddick81

Just Browsing
Media
I&#39;m 83 years old now and when I&#39;m not having intercourse with my wife, I jack off&#33;
As to frequency, when I was young; sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. From age 35 to
70 I would ejaculate at least once a day, either through intercoure or J/O. From 70
on it has been a little less - on average 4 to 5 times per week. But sometimes I get especially horney and I might unload twice in a day. Going for long periods of time without unloading your semen is asking for prostate trouble - and you DON"T
want that&#33; You are NOT going to run out of semen ever - ENJOY shooting or oozing your load as often as you desire - it is one of life&#39;s greatest plerasures&#33;&#33;