Glances at the gym

D

deleted848353

was at the gym today doing my work out as normal and had one guy in particular go past my station everytime grinning while glancing at me 5-6 times which made me feel creeped out and uncomfortable

so question say ur at the gym doing ur work out how many times if any is an acceptable amount of times to get a glance of a dude at the gym before it gets creepy?

Reactions: elizabubblebee

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't work out at the gym pretty much for this reason. I just don't want to be looked at *at all*. Unless the person is spotting/assisting me I don't want their eyes on me. There's a time and a place to check someone out. When they're working out is not that time in my opinion.

I don't want to focus on my form And keep an eye on someone who just makes me feel awkward.

I prefer to work out at home.

Reactions: nailz
D

deleted848353

i have had glances of men before but its only been the once from them and usually after ive been glancing at them which i find is fine.... but i dont even go in tight gymwear as i like to feel comfy at the gym

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I look like ten pounds of crap in a five pound sack at the gym. This is deliberate. No one bothers me. Sometimes, because I lift heavy, I get offered a spot. This is always kindness, never flirting. On the rare occasion I'm at the gym looking kind of dope because I haven't washed my face and my clothes fit and I don't have a bandana for my hair, I might get a glance or two, but nothing rude. I think I just happen to use a nice gym. It's not a number of glances that would make me uncomfortable, but the intensity. How long is he looking? Where is he looking. Do I see him all the time? A stranger staring is worse than a familiar face stealing a peek or a few.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy
D

deleted848353

I look like ten pounds of crap in a five pound sack at the gym. This is deliberate. No one bothers me. Sometimes, because I lift heavy, I get offered a spot. This is always kindness, never flirting. On the rare occasion I'm at the gym looking kind of dope because I haven't washed my face and my clothes fit and I don't have a bandana for my hair, I might get a glance or two, but nothing rude. I think I just happen to use a nice gym. It's not a number of glances that would make me uncomfortable, but the intensity. How long is he looking? Where is he looking. Do I see him all the time? A stranger staring is worse than a familiar face stealing a peek or a few.

Oh this was definitely someone I'd never seen at the gym I attend

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ew. Don’t look. I prefer women’s gyms. The only time I used a mixed gym, it was a serious gym and the guys were deadly intent on their workouts - they never bothered me except if I was doing something wrong. I tried a popular one once and didn’t like it. Too much flirty stuff in general going on.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a local gym I hit on the regular. Every one knows each other so regulars don't perv on each other. There is friendly flirting between like minded folk. Anyone crossing the line is quickly dealt with by the regulars. Think DMs in athletic casual.

I rock anything from trash heap chic to yoga pants and sport top. I get taken more seriously by the swoll-crew in sweats and a t-shirt. I get love from the yoga womangs when appearing in lycra.

I don't think I would get out of the average gym without smacking some asshole upside the head:mad:

ETA: not that I am an irresistible sex goddess.. I'm just a six footish woman with blue hair and ink. I stand out in a crowd, and some dudes wanna take on the challenge.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a local gym I hit on the regular. Every one knows each other so regulars don't perv on each other. There is friendly flirting between like minded folk. Anyone crossing the line is quickly dealt with by the regulars. Think DMs in athletic casual.

I rock anything from trash heap chic to yoga pants and sport top. I get taken more seriously by the swoll-crew in sweats and a t-shirt. I get love from the yoga womangs when appearing in lycra.

I don't think I would get out of the average gym without smacking some asshole upside the head:mad:

ETA: not that I am an irresistible sex goddess.. I'm just a six footish woman with blue hair and ink. I stand out in a crowd, and some dudes wanna take on the challenge.
How come I always picture you as a redhead? Did I make that up? Obviously, having never seen you, I have invented my own MickeyLee to love and adore, but is that a detail from my head, or from your posts?

For what it is worth, I also always imagine you with otter-centric, nautical themed tattoos. I'm pretty sure that was a decision my imagination made.

Reactions: lms28 and 693987

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How come I always picture you as a redhead? Did I make that up? Obviously, having never seen you, I have invented my own MickeyLee to love and adore, but is that a detail from my head, or from your posts?

For what it is worth, I also always imagine you with otter-centric, nautical themed tattoos. I'm pretty sure that was a decision my imagination made.

Crimson by birth, blue by the bottle, Ms. Altered. Tattoos are themed around nature. Bees. Foxes. Deer.

I want a sea otter tattoo like mad. Settling on a design is taking me ages. I'm saving my right thigh for oceanic fluffiness.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Crimson by birth, blue by the bottle, Ms. Altered. Tattoos are themed around nature. Bees. Foxes. Deer.

I want a sea otter tattoo like mad. Settling on a design is taking me ages. I'm saving my right thigh for oceanic fluffiness.

I got wildly paranoid about detailing my appearance until I realised I just described half of the women I know. :oops:

And I doubt anyone cares enough to stalk me :rolleyes:

My bravado comes after the delete/edit window closed :cool:

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You probably mentioned wanting a sea otter tattoo at some point. I picture everyone sitting at their desks reviewing their posts, and hear them reading out loud. At least I do with more familiar posters. I always picture you in a wife-beater and fleece hoodie, and the hoodie is slipping off your shoulders. My brain had supplied the following as a tattoo across your shoulders and up one side of the back of your neck.

Looks like it's the Santa Monica pier in the distance, and a murder of crows flies south. On the pier side of the tat, a dolphin literally jumps the shark, the ripples barely conceal a giant squid, and the other side depicts a swell, and the cutest otter is snuggling the ocean itself. Got his little arms around a wave. Happy, sleepy ocean cuddles. As for you voice, you always sound like Tank Girl.

Reactions: lms28 and 693987

You probably mentioned wanting a sea otter tattoo at some point. I picture everyone sitting at their desks reviewing their posts, and hear them reading out loud. At least I do with more familiar posters. I always picture you in a wife-beater and fleece hoodie, and the hoodie is slipping off your shoulders. My brain had supplied the following as a tattoo across your shoulders and up one side of the back of your neck.

Looks like it's the Santa Monica pier in the distance, and a murder of crows flies south. On the pier side of the tat, a dolphin literally jumps the shark, the ripples barely conceal a giant squid, and the other side depicts a swell, and the cutest otter is snuggling the ocean itself. Got his little arms around a wave. Happy, sleepy ocean cuddles. As for you voice, you always sound like Tank Girl.

That's freaking fantastic. My brain doesn't work like that. I imagine faces for people, but that's about it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

My next piece is gonna be a day off the dead dog skull. My Sammy passed on November 1st. The Day off the Dead is celebrated from October 31-Novemver 2nd.

It was horribly perfect timing :'(

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hiya @Vereesa_Windrunner I'm also from the UK, down in Cornwall.
I haven't been to a gym much lately, I should get back into it Lol
I'm a very curvy woman and very busty I've been in similar situations where I get unwanted attention, I kinda expect it to some degree when I'm clad in gym wear but some guys do go too far.
I just confront them hunni and tell them to fuck off, it usually draws enough attention for an official to come and have a word with them but tbh if a guy really overstepped the mark I wouldn't think twice about punching the creep. I've been the victim of wandering hands many times on a night out and soon learned that being on the offensive works, I've hit loads of guys in clubs especially and the door staff have always been on my side and often I've done then a favour as if my husband got hold of them they'd be leaving in an ambulance Lol!
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying everyone should go around hitting people, but certainly stand up for yourself and give them a mouthful hunni, men hate being humiliated it really does work :)

D

deleted848353

@Holly Doors I totally get the whole thing of wanting to lump someone on a night out lol but I totally can't in my job. I'd given him that if u carry on look there will be consequences lol but I think he was stupid and there were none of the male pts about either :(

Reactions: Holly Doors

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go to the same gym every morning at 5:30 a.m. The crowd begins getting there between 6:00 and 6:30, and I'm usually wiping down my machines by then.

There are two guys who are usually there besides the owner. I know all three of them real well. Even though they're all younger than I am they treat me like their little sister. There's always at least one of my "big brothers" around, and they are highly effective at repelling any creeps. I may be the only one on a treadmill, but when a stranger comes in and takes the one next to me one of the brothers will stop what he's doing and take the next one. Then he'll begin talking to me even barging in on the creep. Creep usually gets the idea quickly and leaves.

Woe unto him if he follows me into the weight room. I've seen them both gang up on a creep before. "If you think you're spending time with this lady then think again, buddy." That's usually all they have to say unless the guy mouths off at them.

"Do you really want to go there?"

They never do.

I love my brothers!

This morning my husband and I both went, which is very unusual because he's a late riser. There was a guy there that I've never seen before. Husband likes the bikes. I do treadmill. Brothers know hubby and don't interfere when he's there.

Stranger gets on treadmill next to me and begins "you look like you really work out."

Gentlemen, when a lady does not answer a statement like this please take this as a sign that she is not there for conversation.

He never said anything else, but he kept turning his head and looking toward me the whole time. Ugh, I got the frissons. I finally gave up and went to the bikes. He stopped soon after and headed toward the bikes but saw me talking to my husband.

I found him in the weight room later talking to my "brothers" near the big weights

I started my routine on a machine there, and sure enough, he broke away from them and came toward me. That smile was just greasy, and I steeled myself to tell him something. I was shocked to see one of the guys race up behind him, put a hand on his shoulder and whisper. He left the weight room and I never saw him again. I never got to ask what brother told him, but he smiled at me and went back to the big weights.

Naturally, my husband didn't notice a thing.

Reactions: g0nz0 and 286798

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@EllieP can I borrow one of them please lol

LOL! I'll ask if they hire out. They're both like 6'4 and 6'5, and if I didn't see them as little brothers I'd be in lust. But even that would be difficult because both of them really like my husband. So I can imagine the conversation would be like "Gee, thanks for the offer to sleep with you Miss E, but your husband is kind of a swell guy, and I'd hate to do anything to hurt him."

And that's how my luck goes. Great cock blockers for me, and lily pad blockers for my husband.