Glen Beck

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
You may not like somebody's political stance. But you shouldn't rejoice in harm coming to them. I am not a glen Beck fan. But I am sure he hasn't done harm to people like Cheney, or others I could name. IMHO you all are just as bad as some redneck rejoicing over Freddy mercury dying of aids cause he was gay.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
You may not like somebody's political stance. But you shouldn't rejoice in harm coming to them. I am not a glen Beck fan. But I am sure he hasn't done harm to people like Cheney, or others I could name. IMHO you all are just as bad as some redneck rejoicing over Freddy mercury dying of aids cause he was gay.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm sorry, but Beck has caused me harm. Every time I see his whining, uneducated, right wing, lunitic ass on tv, I instantly get a headache. I don't wish the man ill will, but he is a piece of shit.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
lol....all it takes is the few seconds it takes for my satellite receiver to change to the next channel

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yeah? Change the channel. I dont watch things that bother me. :)

DJG... you forget that the person who falsely yells 'Fire!' in a crowded movie theater is guilty of criminal activity.

There is a huge difference between reporting on the news, commenting on the news, and inventing news or twisting the reporting of news to satisfy a political agenda.

Glenn Beck might go blind. I'm sorry for him. Really. The good news is that if he loses the incredible wealth he's gained from misleading the public in the process, there will be an adequate social safety net for his health care needs and his family's welfare thanks to President Obama and the American people who choose to place social justice ahead of corporate profit and self-interest.

EDIT: I should say that safety net will be there unless he is somehow able to agitprop it out of existence.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Guys of his type spread their poison and many "innocent" victims are harmed as a result.
Therefore, the flippant instructions to change the channel are rather lame.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't wish him any bad, the information given so far is very unreliable, so far i know it all is just based on one of his comments, and we all know what a great source those are.

But the hate and resulting harm he spreads is awful, offensive and hurting to many, and i despise him for that.
How about all the colored people that got offended by him and his followers, what about all the rage he has participated to encourage, politicians that got death threats.
How about all the immigrants that get hurt because of all the untrue so called facts he spreads. All this is very dangerous in my opinion and very harmful.
I personally feel offended by him many times. For example when he compared environmentalists and their fight against clima change to Hitler and his fight against the Jews or when he said that empathy leads to bad decisions and of course brought up the genocides and crimes of the Nazis to underline that. I feel personally offended by that, and many other statements of him, and i am thousands of miles away and don't even receive the network he is airing on. Just imagine how it hurts those who are confronted more often with his bullshit, what about those who get hurt by all his encouragement of hate and rage. Don't tell me he didn't hurt anyone. Now he is not guilty of war crimes like Cheney.

However i don't wish anything bad to either of those. What i wish for them is enlightenment, rationalism and a sense of responsibility.

I still think his views are so ridiculous that he must be blind already, no offense to the sightless people.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You may not like somebody's political stance [...] IMHO you all are just as bad as some redneck rejoicing over Freddy mercury dying of aids cause he was gay.

First of all, I've made it a point of criticizing grave dancing and grave pissing that everyone knows the degree to which I find it tasteless and counter-productive.

And although I know you were pulling some "worst case scenario" of dumb-fuckedness out of your ass, I really gotta say how especially tasteless and nonsensical your "redneck" counter-example is. Freddy Mercury did not die because he was gay, he died because at one time in his life he either engaged in unprotected fucking with someone who was HIV+ or shared an IV needle booting drugs with someone who was HIV+.

In many parts of the country such as Washington DC or what's called "the rural south", the majority/near majority of people living with HIV/AIDS are not gay, they are IV drug users.

As to Beck's going blind: color me skeptical. He's pulled bigger stunts than this for ratings before. As he's proven many times over, he's devoid of scruples. Though I seriously can't be arsed to click a link related to Glenn Beck, is any of the "story" backed up by medical data?

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Freddy Mercury is a universally loved musical genius, artist and performer, who has brought joy to hundreds of millions, probably billions of people worldwide. Glenn Beck is a notorious media mouthpiece responsible for incalcuable division within our society, who has heaped rampant destruction on our nation and has undermined reasonable governance with his hate-filled lies and propaganda. How can you even begin to compare the two on any value level, human or otherwise?

How can you compare dying of AIDS, which incidentally at that time was an infinitely more hideous death than it is now, to the possibility that Beck might go blind? Furthermore, for all I know this could be another calculated emotional ploy to gain sympathy, like his phony and frequent crocodile teary displays on camera.

Your analogy is hyperbolic in the extreme and highly offensive. It is you who should be ashamed.

At any rate, the notion of Glenn Beck literally going 'blind' is both ironic and redundant.

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah? It's good to help the blind. But what about the dolts who buy into Glen Beck's gold scams? If you're dumb enough to pay high "handling fees" to own bullion, which is exactly what his sponsors (one of which is his own company) do, I suppose you're paying the price for being an idiot and Glen's your boy.

Currently, you can buy bullion from the US Treasury and by-pass the "Glen Beck" handling fees. There was a formal complaint made against him in Federal Court back in 2001 when he had his own "financial" company that would "sell" you US Treasury Bonds and Certificates. The most anyone ever needs to pay as a maintenance fee for US Treasury Bonds or Treasury Certificates may be as high as a whopping $25, if you cash them in before they mature. Otherwise they are free, except, of course, the face value you pay for them in tens or multiples of tens of thousands of dollars. But Glen Beck's "financial services" business would "sell" you US Treasury Bonds and Certificates for a certain percentage of the original bond or certificate. Then, if you wanted, (and if you were really dumb you really wanted), Glen's unscrupulous company would charge you an annual maintenance fee for keeping your certificates and bonds in "a secret and safe place."

Glen Beck, and his allies, made a settlement out of court rather than go to prison for misrepresenting the Treasury Department.

Goooooo Glen!!!! I hear the blind often compensate for their loss of eye sight with "other" heightened senses.

Question: is his name spelled with two n's or just one?

Last edited: