Global Warming Advisory in Watauga County, NC

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
* Accumulation... 3 to 5 inches.

* Timing... snow beginning between 1000 am and noon.

* Impacts... untreated roads will become snow covered...
especially after sunset when temperatures drop into the 20s.

* Winds... gusts to 30 mph or higher by Sunday morning.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Does no one understand the concept of "climate" south of the Mason-Dixon line?
I do. I also understand the concept of "science". I have taken the time to learn a little bit about "sine waves" and "periods" and "amplitude" as well.

And I'm learning a lot about "prejudice" from reading what people like you write on the internet.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do. I also understand the concept of "science". I have taken the time to learn a little bit about "sine waves" and "periods" and "amplitude" as well.

And I'm learning a lot about "prejudice" from reading what people like you write on the internet.
Touché. So was your post meant as a satire upon people who conflate the concepts of weather and climate or upon people who accept the actuality of global warming? If it's the former, it doesn't sound like it; if it's the latter, it doesn't work without that conflation.

Last edited:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Touché. So was your post meant as a satire upon people who conflate the concepts of weather and climate or upon people who accept the actuality of global warming? If it's the former, it doesn't sound like it; if it's the latter, it doesn't work without that conflation.
"Actuality", eh? Interesting choice of words.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
climate change is definitely a better term to use than 'global warming'.... it's like the whole Y2K thing: just a big hoopla about something that is totally inevitable no matter how we live or what we do.... coming from a country like canada, i hear the term 'global warming' at this time of year and laugh my head off....

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So HB, how much do you ascribe your weather situation to decadal oscillations, such as the NAO, and how much to centennial effects? Are you denying a non-periodic centennial component?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Not denying a non-periodic centennial component, just questioning the data that point toward the involvement of anthropogenic carbon.

That, and my old bones are telling me that, with regard to climate at least, I'm not seeing anything in recent years that I haven't seen before, except a fresh crop of especially vocal and hysterical demagogues.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not denying a non-periodic centennial component, just questioning the data that point toward the involvement of anthropogenic carbon.

That, and my old bones are telling me that, with regard to climate at least, I'm not seeing anything in recent years that I haven't seen before, except a fresh crop of especially vocal and hysterical demagogues.

Ok, I didn't realize that it was your bones you were relying on to make this determination. What is it about the anthropogenic contribution hypothesis that you have a problem with?

ghb9,
What is wrong with the following hypothesis?

"Last night the temperature was much lower at midnight than it was at sundown. Since the temperature was dropping rather than rising, this disproves any concern about Global Warming."

Last edited:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You guys got it ALL wrong!!

We're all having a 100% chance of weather everyday!
When (not ever likely) we stop having 100% chance of weather, then I'll panic!

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You guys got it ALL wrong!!

We're all having a 100% chance of weather everyday!
When (not ever likely) we stop having 100% chance of weather, then I'll panic!

lol.... ya really.... global warming is one of those causes for people who actually believe that life here is like our utopian destination.... puh-leez.... i can't wait to get out of this dump....