Global Warming alarmists' scam continues to come undone.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_JQblonde, Mar 20, 2007.

1. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Particulary those of the GWA Ringleader Jowls Gore.

Last week , he was skewered for his blatant hypocrisy regarding his ponderous carbon footprint.

This week , The IPPC( left wing and pro AG for sure) made a mockery of some of the THE SEA LEVELS ARE RISING THE SEAL LEVELS ARE RISING" claims made by Jowls in his quackumentary " An Inconvenient Truth" < how's that title for irony-snicker> .

Remember the headlines last summer, spurred by the release of Al Gore's film An Inconvenient Truth, warning that massive amounts of Antarctica's ice sheets are melting, threatening to raise sea levels 20 feet worldwide and wipe out Antarctica's Emperor penguins and polar bears? And alarming reports that Greenland's glaciers are shrinking so rapidly that a third of Florida and the lower part of Manhattan could be swept away within the next 200 years?
    As it turns out, The long awaited Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report summary released early in February threw some badly needed cold water on that over-heated hype. According to the IPCC, based on the work of 2,500 scientists around the globe, Antarctica's ice sheets will "remain too cold for widespread surface melting," and "is expected to gain in mass due to increased snowfall."
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The report summary also says there is no scientific consensus that Greenland's ice caps are melting enough to contribute to increased sea levels.2And while the writers do acknowledge unknowns, including some observed variability and local changes in glaciers in the polar regions that could contribute to future increased sea levels, it states that overall "there is no consensus on their magnitude."[/FONT]

March of the Lemmings: Media Shuns Climate Change Report's Good News on Sea Levels

2. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Whatever you say, Ann. Please go take your lithium.

3. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Another one of the chicken littles gets cold-cocked.

Uber gadfly Jim Hansen has whined about being silenced on his global warming views by the Administration.

As it turns out , Congress has stats that Ole Jimmy boy has availed himself of over 1,400 opportunities to express his views on AGW. Some stifling ,huh?

"We have over 1,400 opportunities that you've availed yourself to, and yet you call it, you know, being stifled," said Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican. "

4. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

So because, whilst wildly grabbing at anything we possibly can that smells like it MIGHT just MAYBE lend some shred of scientific support (in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary) to the Republican agenda of raping the environment while greasing the palms of their corporate masters-- this means that we should not try to take any precautions at all and maybe Florida will exist in a hundred years and maybe it won't... ::shrug:: nothing to worry about! The next time 300 trained traffic engineers tell you that a bus is speeding toward a busy intersection and then one dude with a wad of cash sticking out of his pocket in an envelope with a return address labeled "United Ambulance Drivers Union" says, "hey, I don't see a bus!" are you going to respond "well I guess there's no consensus" and happily meander out into traffic?

5. mindseye

Gold Member

Fact-check!

When you use language like "quackumentary" and "Jowls Gore", your argument is just name-calling and not well-reasoned persuasion.

You've cited only a single source -- the conservative National Review -- and even then, you picked and chose which parts of the article to quote. The National Review article goes on to state, "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The IPCC estimates seas globally will rise somewhere between 7 and 23 inches by the next 100 years."

I encourage people to dig even deeper: Why does the National Review choose to use the IPCC report, and not those of other scientific inquiries into Global Warming? Because IPCC is one of the few sources that shares National Review's bias. Wikipedia says about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: (emphasis mine)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Wikipedia isn't the only organization to report that IPCC's findings are too optimistic: The BBC reports this finding from the peer-reviewed journal Science: (again, emphasis mine)

6. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

The 'peer reviewed ' journal Science < please tell me you aren't one of the lemmings that buy that sham? > is decidely left wing.

7. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

please tell me you're trying to be ironic in calling anyone else a lemming.

8. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

corporate masters...Republicans rapingtthe environment...Florida might not exist ..any other dopey Daily Kos or Bartcop buzzwords you wanna work in there??

Who says there's nothing to worry about?
    Human influence could very well have a dramatic impact on the climate. Could be for the better , could be for the worse. < no alarmists will EVER mention the positive effects of GW. NEVER> .

At this point the debate has sadly been dominated by individuals with a lw POLTICAL view and , as you would expect in that case, the science has been found to be faulty on several occasions. Can you say hockey stick fraud?
    Public policy should be based on sound rationale.
    Not people who go around squawking " Florida might not exist in 100 years" .
    Yeesh.
    160 Iq -yeah sure. Sure you weren't reading that upside down?

9. mindseye

Gold Member

JQ: I've made my point: The predictions in IPCC's 2001 report have been proven wrong. Unless you're trying to claim that the sea levels rose because the oceans are biased, you can't fault the writers of the Science article.

10. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

You should link out to the 'Hockey Stick' fraud. No everybody knows everything.

11. mindseye

Gold Member

I'll link to it here:

There is one primary published report that is critical of the Mann findings:

12. ETA123

ETA123 Member

Nope, nothing to see here:

Planet Ark : FEATURE - Rising Sea Levels Threaten Indian Islands

Water levels aren't rising. . . oh wait, nevermind, they are.

13. Shelby

Gold Member

Jeremy Rifkin was miles ahead of Gore about this stuff. In 1980 he co-authored a book called Entropy: A New World View in which he postulated perfectly plausible reason upon reason why we as a species were ever more rapidly destroying our own habitat. I bought in. Completely (I was quite the liberal idealist about some stuff back in the day).

Problem is he was all wrong. In his predictions of doom and gloom he left out one very important variable - human ingenuity.

So I'm a little more skeptical of the chicken littles this time around.

btw - If you liked An Inconvenient Truth you'd probably enjoy Entropy a lot. It's quite well written.

14. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Eloquent, factual, level-headed.

15. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Fascinating.
    A person makes a statement that maybe Florida might exist in 100 years and maybe it won't, yet I get attacked for being irrational.
    SNicker.
    Liberals and hypocrisy. Perfect together.

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Eloquent, factual, level-headed.

17. ETA123

ETA123 Member

You forgot deeply intellectual and rational :tongue:

18. glenroebuck

glenroebuck New Member

sea levels are rising becuase whales are getting fatter ! - whales are getting fatter because we no longer hunt them...therefore

kills the whales...and club a baby seal I want a new pillow...

19. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Sea levels can only be doing 2 things at any given moment. Rising or falling. Stasis is not possible. and it's been that way since the planet was formed.

Moral of the story. Don't build a city in a place like New Orleans or eventually you're going to have to move!!

20. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Heck, if it gets warmer, doesn't that mean more evaporation? So why isn't the planet more humid?

Y'know what? When there are "clean" nuclear weapons (bad for the enemy, good for the environment), the pimp-ass F22 runs on Hydronge fuels and the M1 abrams uses a battery to get around, I may be more convinced that people care.

Draft saved Draft deleted