Global Warming alarmists' scam continues to come undone.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...says the guy who started this thread with a salvo on "Jowls Gore".

Folks, it's pretty clear now that JQblonde's agenda is unfettered by reason, facts, or civility. Why continue to give him the satisfaction of a response? I'm dying to fact-check his "opinionjournal.com" hit piece myself, but I'm directing an all-pig production of Aida, and rehearsals start today.

That would be typical of the undeducated masses in the GW alarmist camp,factcheking opinionjouranl to death!

They go over everything that doesn't support their belief with a fine-tooth comb, yet soak in all the pro-alarmist propaganda,whoops I mean data, without the slightest bit of skepticism.

I see nobody has even dared touch the article I posted about the possible corruption of data based on urbanization.

I see very little repsonse to my original post about the massively wild exaggerations of sea level rises by Jowls GOre.

I guess you guys are too busy telling each other how cool each other are, or telling yourseves how smart you are, or what a fucktard I am, that you don't have time to respond.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That would be typical of the undeducated masses in the GW alarmist camp,factcheking opinionjouranl to death!

They go over everything that doesn't support their belief with a fine-tooth comb, yet soak in all the pro-alarmist propaganda,whoops I mean data, without the slightest bit of skepticism.

I see nobody has even dared touch the article I posted about the possible corruption of data based on urbanization.

I see very little repsonse to my original post about the massively wild exaggerations of sea level rises by Jowls GOre.

Some information for you since it's clear you haven't read anything that isn't politically motivated:

Rising sea levels

Greenland

Different views

How to fight global warming

Surprising side effects of global warming

Note that these are all from livescience.com. Nothing is politically motivated about these reports. The sole intent is to provide information to the public about current events and studies. That's all.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Some information for you since it's clear you haven't read anything that isn't politically motivated:

Rising sea levels

Greenland

Different views

How to fight global warming

Surprising side effects of global warming

Note that these are all from livescience.com. Nothing is politically motivated about these reports. The sole intent is to provide information to the public about current events and studies. That's all.

Thanks. I find the BEST places to beome educated are the big 3 blogs.

RealClimate- Definitley pro AGW,it's moderated by Mann, he of the infamous hockey stick.

ClimateAudit- definitely skeptical . Has had some serious run-ins with Mann. VERRRRRRRRRRy techie site but lots of great info.

Prometheus- falls in the middle. Run by Roger Pielke .

Besides the articles posted on the blogs , there are comments posted in response which are usually made by fellow scientists and are quite informative.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
btw, don't you guys and gals find it odd that it's relatively

hard to find articles about the BENEFITS of glbal warming??

I mean , you might think it was a linear relationship.

Globe Warms-> catastrophe happens.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Do any of your right-wing blogs have any information on the benefits of global warming? I'll be happy to read them if you do.
I guess you guys are too busy telling each other how cool each other are, or telling yourseves how smart you are, or what a fucktard I am, that you don't have time to respond.
You're right, all the members of LPSG (except you) are left-wing nutjob conspiracy theorist bush-bashing liberals, and LPSG is nothing more than a liberal left-wing moonbat propaganda blog. So why are you still here?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

This warranted two replies.

hard to find articles about the BENEFITS of drinking alcohol during pregnancy??

Getting drunk while pregnant-> catastrophe happens.

Just because there are very few articles presenting a "pro" viewpoint, that does not mean the abundance of articles presenting an "anti" viewpoint are invalid.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks. I find the BEST places to beome educated are the big 3 blogs.

Interesting. I found the best education in college. Biology, chemistry, and in this particular case, geology. It's difficult to ignore cold, hard facts although I can't speak for anyone else but me.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The thing is JQ, global climate systems are complex and hard, if not impossible to model and predict with precision given current understanding and computing technology.

Is Man made GW/climate change a 'scam'? You don't know for certain, I don't. The truth is that nobody does, for certain. So the real question is rather; do we gamble that it is as you say, a scam, bury our collective heads in the sand and carry on business as usual? Then in 100 years when it turns out otherwise and it's too late to control the situation say OOPs if only we'd listened to Al! Or do we take precautions now which may (or may not) reduce any possible impact, and, as a corollorary improve our environment and energy efficiency along the way?

If it turns out we're wrong (and you're right) and the human race has only peripheral effect and the climate still changes as predicted, or even close to it then we (or rather our Grandchildren and Great Grandchilden) are in shit anyway, whether they live in Florida or not. JQ, Sea level rise is one small component of the bigger picture, fixation on the keys being underwater in 100 or even 200 years seems churlishly irrelevant if by then 70% of the US, or indeed northern Europe is a desert (or an ice sheet), don't you think?

There is rarely, if ever a complete consensus in science, after all gravity was just a theory (well actually it still is) So a lack of across the board consensus and resistance on something this esoteric is a non argument against it. In part this is due to genuine uncertaintanty and in part to blatant political and commercial self interest, if there's a scam anywhere you'll find there.

That said, for me there is sufficient consensus among those who know better than I, and by the sources of your argument so far, yourself to make me think that we, as a species should err on the side of caution. Your sources and arguments are partial, selective and based on more on the cult of personality than empirical science.

That may be enough for you to dismiss the entire theory, that's your view, to which you are entitled. What you're not entitled to do is attempt to demean those who don't agree by calling them childish names, but without rational argument. It not only undermines your argument it makes you seem inarticulate on a personal level.

But, in the final analysis even if you don't believe in man made climate change then such a negative, dismissive attitude towards those that are in some way seeking to reduce the undoubted (surely even by you) negative impact we have on our planet has little to do with the validity of the theory and more to do with your evident contempt for [y]our planet and it's future inhabitants.

JQ, I don't know if you have children but if you do then consider the possible impact on them and their offspring if you're wrong. I'm sure they'll be singing praise for your enlightened attitude toward their legacy as they starve to death in a Montana dustbowl or drown in their Miami Boulevard penthouse.:rolleyes:

What say you JQ?

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
First of all, global warming is quite real and is affecting our planet as we speak. This is not a Liberal-oriented plot (e.g. a Commie threat) to take over the world; there is no conspiracy. If you don't believe me, take a look outside, read a newspaper, watch the news (not just your news).

In the Mediterranean region, for example, they are worried about the impact of higher CO2 levels on fish stocks. According to this article from Greece (Ekaterimini, English Edition, Jan. or Feb. 2007), higher CO2 levels could lead to the acidification of the waters of the Mediterranean and the collapse of commercial fishing.

In Canada, most of us also take global warming seriously; only Prime Minister Harper and his federal Conservative government (minority) don't, which doesn't surprise me since his support is strongest in the boardrooms of oil/gas-rich Alberta. Coincidence? I think not.

I believe that how much of global warming is man-made or natural is debatable. It's wishful thinking if you believe that the millions of tonnes of CO2 we pump into the air every year will simply disappear, unless you believe in magic.

Question: if a house is burning, do you wait for it to burn down or do you put the fire out as soon as possible?

Titan1968 (a proud Liberal/ Social Democrat)

Boy, one thing I've learned about liberals. They love to operate in litle echo chambers where nobody challanges their silly beliefs.
They don't well in debates which require logic and facts.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Here's let look the potential consequences of global warming from a slightly different view:

[The Gambling View]: Can we afford to be wrong? Can we afford to hesitate? Can the world continue to gamble that our emissions of greenhouse gases is not leading to global climate change? Can we continue to gamble that Nature will just "compensate" for the industrial world's pollution? We have ample evidence that the global temperature of the Earth has risen by > 1 degree Celsius, which translates into a huge increase in heat -> energy. This energy has increased the intensity and duration of storm activity, it's altered weather patterns, etc.

[Now an additional interpretation of the facts]: The scientific data does show that Earth's climate has indeed been changing over the past few decades, more dramatically than in previous years/centuries.

Some scientific data shows, for example, that the ice sheets of Greenland have dramatically shifted in area but that the total volume of ice remained the same. Even if "the glaciers haven't been melting as we think", the redistribution of the ice is intefering with the delicate salt H2O to fresh H2O ratio along Greenland that helps to regulate the ocean's currents and thereby the jet streams. Ever wondered why America's winters lately have been unusual?

[to the OP] When will we realize that the scientific data is not a political issue. Moreover, for those who think this is a Democrat vs. Republican or Liberal/Environmentalist vs. Traditionalist view, how do you account for the fact that scientists from around the world have testified to the effects of global warming? Scientists who have no interest in US political debates have studied the phenomenon and given their professional opinions based on years of empirical data.

Let's at least exercise some good judgment and err on the side of caution! We should act to reduce Man's deleterious contributions towards global warming so that our future grandchildren - in their old age - will still be able to enjoy the Earth that we once knew as children

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Interesting. I found the best education in college. Biology, chemistry, and in this particular case, geology. It's difficult to ignore cold, hard facts although I can't speak for anyone else but me.

Well that tells me you've never read those blogs.

BTW , whatever you learned in college about global warming is pretty much out the window by now< shit ,if you went in the 70's you learned about global cooling> , so what are you going to do to stay informed???

What cold ,hard facts are being ignored?????

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Let's at least exercise some good judgment and err on the side of caution! We should act to reduce Man's deleterious contributions towards global warming so that our future grandchildren - in their old age - will still be able to enjoy the Earth that we once knew as children

Cue Barney the dinosaur song!

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
First of all, global warming is quite real and is affecting our planet as we speak. This is not a Liberal-oriented plot (e.g. a Commie threat) to take over the world; there is no conspiracy. If you don't believe me, take a look outside, read a newspaper, watch the news (not just your news). )

good. another straw man argument, easy to win.

The globe can only A> warm B> cool.

Right now, it appears to be warming , although the extent is becoming more questionable as the data supporting such a conclusion . I'm sure you caught my earlier post about the heretofore underrated urbanization effect on recorded temps.
There is some interesting work on the questionablity of recorded temps in the USSR that was documented on ClimateAudit as well.

But I guess we should just ignore all that 'noise' and pay out our asses 'just in case",huh?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well that tells me you've never read those blogs.
Be careful. You know what they say about people who assume....
what cold ,hard facts are being ignored?????
If you have to ask then you are even more clueless than previously thought. You cannot ignore how the earth moves, shifts, or changes. How climate is affected by the changes in the earth. How much is always up for debate but it is clear that what we do with the earth will alter the biology in some way.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
I believe that how much of global warming is man-made or natural is debatable. It's wishful thinking if you believe that the millions of tonnes of CO2 we pump into the air every year will simply disappear, unless you believe in magic.<...>
Fact: automobile emissions produce CO2. Fact: CO2 is very soluble in H2O. Fact: When CO2 is dissolved in H20, it lowers the pH. Fact: lowering the pH of the world's oceans is a really really bad idea. Regardless of whether or not it contributes to global warming, JQ, do you refute any of the facts I outlined above?

So, are you actually going to discuss facts or are you just going to be an inflammatory troll?
Are you taking bets?

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Be careful. You know what they say about people who assume....

If you have to ask then you are even more clueless than previously thought. You cannot ignore how the earth moves, shifts, or changes. How climate is affected by the changes in the earth. How much is always up for debate but it is clear that what we do with the earth will alter the biology in some way.

....Your utterly fascinatiing description of how the earth moves notwithstanding , I'm stiil looking for a cold hard fact, that's being ignored???

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think we either have Ann Coulter in our midst, masquerading as a man (or is that, masquerading as a man masquerading as a woman), or we have her biggest fan and understudy strutting around.

I am quite liberal. I do beleive my eyes when i look outside my window on December 29th and see cherry trees blooming. I beleive my eyes are telling me that it's too warm for 4 days after the mass celebrated in honour of some guy called "Christ." I do not go out looking for scientific articles to support my claim. I don't need to. I have all the evidence i need in the palm trees that are overwintering quite safely on the DELAWARE shore. 10 years ago, that wouldn't happen. The dramatic increase in hurricane activity, for me, is yet further proof - not because there is massive scientific evidence to support it, but because i can see the results for myself.

But don't mind me. I'm just a stupid liberal being led by faulty science... and my eyes are lying to me. Or maybe mother nature is being misled also, and she's behaving according to faulty science. Maybe. Yes, maybe you're right JQblonde, because you're certainly not left.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Fact: automobile emissions produce CO2. Fact: CO2 is very soluble in H2O. Fact: When CO2 is dissolved in H20, it lowers the pH. Fact: lowering the pH of the world's oceans is a really really bad idea. Regardless of whether or not it contributes to global warming, JQ, do you refute any of the facts I outlined above?

quote]

{Deniro} ME? You talking to me?
Uh...I think you you should address those issues to the original poster snookems.