Global warming? Bollocks!!!...

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
...It's climate change that will kill us all.:cool:

Has anyone else noticed that recently politicians and news readers no longer use the term "global warming"?
Climate change now seems to be the official term used to frighten us all into paying more taxes.

Could it be that recently low sun spot activity has actually caused the globe to cool down?:confused:
http://www.climate4you.com/images/SunspotsMonthlyNOAA and HadCRUT3 GlobalMonthlyTempSince1960.gif

We shouldn't be surprised if "climate change" eventually becomes "impending ice age" within a few decades.

Don't think that I am complaining about the positive effects of such scare tactics, it's just that alternatives to oil and nuclear energy have been around for decades. Powerful oil lobbies have managed to slow down the transition from dirty polluting hydrocarbon based fuels to the unlimited clean free energy promised by inventors like Nikola Tesla over a century ago.
If the government really wanted to reduce the negative effects of pollution on our planet, the technology exists, it just needs investment.

Last edited:

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
I think more to the point is whether or not we can improve living standards for more people with cleaner technology. It should never had reached the point where we have to debate if it's "worth it" to live a cleaner, more healthful lifestyle. If the environmental effects of pollution were properly expressed in mathematical terms, everyone would be screaming about the massive eco-deficit we are in, once which can't be righted by simply printing more money.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So what happens to the rotation of the earth when this weight is moved and displaced?

:biglaugh:

Every active volcano on the planet could blow in the style of Mt. St. Helens and the amount of matter displaced in the eruptions would still be a negligible rounding error with regard to the total mass of the planet. The effect on our angular momentum would be infinitesimal.

D_ExJagSack

Experimental Member
Media
Yep global warming is a big hoax so they can introduce a 'pollution tax' and in short time we will using such things as carbon credits which u will have to stock up and buy. They, 'The elitists' also known as the illuminate controlling our governments have been planning this for years, they base this on part truth but then use it as another way of swindling more money out of us, we are lead to believe its a good thing that we should be saving our planet after decades of us destroying it.

D

deleted213967

...It's climate change that will kill us all.:cool:

Has anyone else noticed that recently politicians and news readers no longer use the term "global warming"?
Climate change now seems to be the official term used to frighten us all into paying more taxes.

Global Warming was admittedly never a good term. It should have been Global Climate Change or Global Fever or Global Climate Crisis all along.

Scientists realized too late that warming had a fuzzy ring to it, which failed to properly frame the problem and its severity.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yep global warming is a big hoax so they can introduce a 'pollution tax' and in short time we will using such things as carbon credits which u will have to stock up and buy. They, 'The elitists' also known as the illuminate controlling our governments have been planning this for years, they base this on part truth but then use it as another way of swindling more money out of us, we are lead to believe its a good thing that we should be saving our planet after decades of us destroying it.

Oooh, yes...let's get 99% of the egghead scientific community to agree to manufacture evidence and participate in a global conspiracy to milk the American public for mere millions of dollars in small, incremental pollution taxes! That's a MUCH better plan than getting four or five assholes in the White House to foment international warfare based on a lie, and let us bilk the public for trillions of dollars in military supply and no-bid civil reconstruction contracts! :rolleyes:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
:biglaugh:

Every active volcano on the planet could blow in the style of Mt. St. Helens and the amount of matter displaced in the eruptions would still be a negligible rounding error with regard to the total mass of the planet. The effect on our angular momentum would be infinitesimal.

Cite your sources, please.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And still, the Obama admin is pursuing a weak dollar strategy to intentionally increase the price of oil for Americans, to spur "energy innovation". That's fuckin wacktastic. We're heading straight for another recession and we aren't even out of this one yet.

Unfortunately, nothing exists that could replace anything we have. Natural gas, ok, but it's still a natural resource that will be depleted someday. Solar energy...not profitable; as soon as government subsidies for solar fade away, so too will the solar industry. Electric cars? Well, that's just replacing one cost with another, and will ultimately end up hurting people who don't drive electric vehicles as well as ones that do.

Hyrdrogen and nuclear energy is the only way to go and you fuckin hippies need to realize this before we're taxed to death.

Btw, there is no such thing as clean coal, so get used to it.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Seriously, Dude --The Illuminati?? We'll ignore that for the time-being and reiterate that EVERY SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATION OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL STANDING agrees that human caused climate change is happening.* If you believe in conspiracies, this would have to be a HUGE one. What would the scientists and national academies have to gain by lying about it? Science is neigh unto a religion to some scientists. Imagining those people lying about what they really believe is, well, nearly unimaginable.Source: Wikipedia article "Global Warming Controversy"And for those of you who don't like Wikipedia, they quote their sources so just follow the chain back to the original source.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
And still, the Obama admin is pursuing a weak dollar strategy to intentionally increase the price of oil for Americans, to spur "energy innovation". That's fuckin wacktastic.

Dude, no need to be so bitter... it's gonna take a combination of the above alternative energy sources to make a dent in oil use-age. We'll continue to use oil, but we'll have to use it more efficiently. It doesn't sound so bad to me.

As to dollar policy, that's Big Ben's gig, and he's following a playbook for reflation, which we need, as without the Fed there would be no mortgage market at all in the US right now - Zero. Only once the "patients" can finally stand on their own, which they certainly cannot at present, can the medicinal Fed punchbowl be removed. That will be the time for a strong dollar policy.

D

deleted213967

...and let us not forget that the past year has been rather volcano active, so that tons of soot hyave been blown into the air.

Still, the Artic Ice caps have declined.

So what happens to the rotation of the earth when this weight is moved and displaced?

Actually, volcanic eruptions have a significant cooling effect on the planet and a major eruption (in an unpopulated area) could indeed forestall a climate catastrophe.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, no need to be so bitter... it's gonna take a combination of the above alternative energy sources to make a dent in oil use-age. We'll continue to use oil, but we'll have to use it more efficiently. It doesn't sound so bad to me.

As to dollar policy, that's Big Ben's gig, and he's following a playbook for reflation, which we need, as without the Fed there would be no mortgage market at all in the US right now - Zero. Only once the "patients" can finally stand on their own, which they certainly cannot at present, can the medicinal Fed punchbowl be removed. That will be the time for a strong dollar policy.

I'm bitter because nobody in this country seems to understand that solar energy, "clean" coal, and natural gas are not viable solutions to the energy "crisis" or climate change. Personally, I don't want a deflated dollar or higher energy prices. They are of no benefit to the common American, and won't be for many decades, if ever. So exports might increase, it still isn't going to solve any of the long term problems that are built into the system that need fixing. Everything being done right now is just patchwork, as usual. My generation's future is being sacrificed for both the elder generations and generations to come, with no benefit to us whatsoever. For that, I have the right to be a little pissed.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Cite your sources, please.
My source is myself, for I am a veritable font of brilliance. Duh. :biggrin1:

Seriously, though, just look at the orders of magnitude. Mountains and volcanoes are measured in hundreds or a few thousands of feet...roughly the same scale as single miles. The surface of the earth is scaled in tens of millions of square miles...a difference of seven orders of magnitude. Depending on your chosen timescale, there are close to 500 technically active volcanoes on the planet, bringing the differential down two orders to five.

Five orders means a factor of hundreds of thousands. Like I said...a rounding error. And I'm only looking at it in two dimensions. When you factor in how volcanoes are single miles tall and the earth is a couple thousand miles deep, that's three more orders of magnitude...making it a difference scaled in factors of hundreds of millions.

D_ExJagSack

Experimental Member
Media
Seriously, Dude --The Illuminati?? We'll ignore that for the time-being and reiterate that EVERY SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATION OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL STANDING agrees that human caused climate change is happening.* If you believe in conspiracies, this would have to be a HUGE one. What would the scientists and national academies have to gain by lying about it? Science is neigh unto a religion to some scientists. Imagining those people lying about what they really believe is, well, nearly unimaginable.Source: Wikipedia article "Global Warming Controversy"And for those of you who don't like Wikipedia, they quote their sources so just follow the chain back to the original source.

Me believing in conspiracies is like you believing in this so called 'scientific evidence'. read the article above. I can back up what im saying through the work of my friend and he knows what he's talking about.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Me believing in conspiracies is like you believing in this so called 'scientific evidence'. read the article above. I can back up what im saying through the work of my friend and he knows what he's talking about.

Please feel free to post links to the peer-reviewed work that this friend has published. As soon as you do, people will take you seriously.

Without it...you're just one guy regurgitating second-hand, unreviewed speculation that runs counter to the vast majority of scholarly research on the subject.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Please feel free to post links to the peer-reviewed work that this friend has published. As soon as you do, people will take you seriously.

Without it...you're just one guy regurgitating second-hand, unreviewed speculation that runs counter to the vast majority of scholarly research on the subject.

When he puts the term scientific evidence in quotation marks and starts bantering about the Illuminati (but cannot spell it correctly) then you know what you're dealing with, my friend.

You can bet that the Tri-Lateral Commission figures prominently in there along with Freemasonry and maybe, just maybe, a connection with Roswell, NM too :wink: