Global warming?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as a "7", even though the scale only goes up to 5.

exactly Boobs again
a loty of BS drama for nothing
dident want to say so directly because a natural disaster can be afforded its legitimacy
but place F'wit humans over emphasis, well you have to read between the lines unfrtunately
feel pretty sure many folk have lived thru a lot worse in disasters than what was hyped up with that onme

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On the other side of the issue, a few times a week, for the past few months, the local media feature (hype, rub it in,) reports of folks who waste water, ignore the rationing rules in order to protect their "landscape investments". Here I am sitting here reading this, looking out at my dead brown lawn, surrounded by drought tolerant sage and rosemary bushes; having just taken my every other day shower, and using the toilet, but not flushing unless necessary; Here I am following the rationing rules, actually rationing more than required, reading about these people, reading their reactions, "well, I'm paying for it, aren't I?"; makes me feel less like an ineffective idiot, but more mature and aware how this water use issue is just the tip of the iceberg when you're discussing Wealth and Justice inequality issues. I mean you wanna talk about "taking liberties"?..Have at it! " Fuck the rules, I'm not letting my Green Lawn turn Brown!" Jeeeesh

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i suppose ever recorded, to be fair
although i dont see why some should be fair and others just outright bullshitter dramatists ..
of course will throw in
goes without needing to say it, and its a given ..
ANYTHING thats going to possibly harm the almighty United States deserves xtra precasutionary warnings/panic of the people/paranoisa propoganda, theyll even include Mexico as being a part of theres huh duh'

Hurricane Patricia Becomes Most Intense Tropical Cyclone Ever Recorded in Western Hemisphere

Stunning, historic, mind-boggling and catastrophic: that sums up Hurricane Patricia, which...

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

ULURU formerley Ayers rock
like Mt Egmont NZ Maori now claining that as Mt Aoraki' mmmmm

climbed when i was 33 odd, no restgrictions the, red head whiye giel and brown guy me, must have been a sgtrange spectgacle, travelling the Aussie outback, 1/3 accomplished

Grfeat memolries, living under the rtail bridge for months, Qld was great, as well, daily Train newspaper hba, mthey must have known was dead set keen on ww politics mid 70s haha
and now for my Sunday hoglet and pasdta, after 3 Au reds ha

Push to stop tourists climbing Australia's most famous landmark

Published on Oct 24, 2015
It has been 30 years since Australia's most famous natural landmark, Uluru, was handed back to its traditional Aboriginal owners. Now, five million hectares around the sacred rock will be declared protected. But there are also plans to stop tourists from climbing on top of the traditional site. Andrew Thomas reports.

photo_uluru_australia_backpacking_travel_tips_places_to_go.png

reading that re two daily showers/no water for the lawn etc
am slightly embarrased top some degree, living here where all things are still in plentigul supply
4/8 years supposedly subsistence levvel living self imposed on a relatively remote island does not go anywhere near to whats described
can only ponder as to what/how or why we have all been destined to live in such different circumstance, thats for real ..

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
corn / pasta fresh hoglet
bnut china manufactured
NOT GBI portk piglet running around, that i haf to catch for a dinner .. oh my'how sad ha'

but
all tastes the same
tianmenn square or royal UK Coach, all the same duh'/TASTE'

proof read for honesty
a bit difficult when 3/4s cut ha oh well, never mind ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=211&v=okw-ntFq4b4

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
geuss you never thought clearing the land to grow palm oil, never would have created this man made disaster huh '
well a desire for export trade ast the rexpense of your populations health ..
a relatively natural smog no!

Indonesia haze: Four infants dead in one week

Published on Oct 25, 2015
Emergency evacuations of babies and children have been ordered by Indonesia’s government because of toxic smoke.Millions of people in Asia have been affected by the haze that's spread over large parts of the region. It's believed to have been caused by Indonesian farmers and large companies setting fire to areas of

DiggerFires.jpg

south-sumatra-fire-data.jpg

PROOF
The Hidden Beauty of Roots

Photograph by Jim Richardson
The green blades of prairie grass are just a small part of intricate root structures reaching deep into the Earth, some of which are twice the height of an NBA basketball player. They are stunning in their size and complexity—and curiously photogenic—but how do you photograph them? Jim Richardson has the answer.
Read the story

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
does sound cool

Ocean Tides to Power More Than 150,000 Homes

The Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon will use the rise and fall of ocean tides to generate enough renewable electricity to...

Photo credit: Preconstruct

have been looking Fwd to the positive possibilities of this man for changes
compared to that terrible Harper guy ..

4 Justin Trudeau Campaign Promises That Could Make Canada a Green Powerhouse

Canada, you have a new Prime Minister. But, before the fun gets away with you, let’s do a quick reality check for what the

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lebanon's river of trash .. still being a pain in the ARSE huyh'

Published on Oct 26, 2015
Some areas in Lebanon's capital are completely covered with trash.For months, garbage has been piling up after a landfill site was closed.Now, heavy rain has washed it into the streets, as

Preview YouTube video Lebanon's river of trash

a sweetner tho

asnd honey honey honey
the opposite to enjoy ..

The humble hippie who revolutionised the beehive

Cedar Anderson spent years quietly tinkering in his shed on his invention, only to find he had to take the reins of a multi-million-dollar company overnight.

never ending, as well, again ..

300 bears killed in two days
1445855631330.jpg

Target: A black bear, seen here in a file photo. Photo: AP

RUTH SHERLOCK 4:05pm | It was the first hunting season for decades. Hundreds set out with guns and crossbows.

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
never needed WHO tto evenmtually bring out a 'report' that processed food is carciogenic
knew it from the time the US forced KFC on us in the 60s
so did most other Kiwis at the time, simple stuff ..
of course the Americans quickly come out to try and discredit the report, mentioning MEAT in small qwtys is OK
thyre tyalking about PROCESSED MEAT you deceitful idiots ..

Processed Meats Linked to Cancer, WHO Report Says

Processed meat was officially classified today as "carcinogenic to humans based on sufficient evidence in humans that...

another PSA

most unfortunate alright, does happen ww tho, with many similar things, quit sad,lost arts ../always saddens me lost art

Iraq's copper artisans slowly dying out

Published on Oct 26, 2015
For centuries, Iraq has been famous for it's copper handicrafts. And for generations, some of the best artisans worked from the Safafeer Market in central Baghdad. But, as Imtiaz Tyab reports, the industry is now in danger of vanishing for good.Subscribe to our channel

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes
its all thats neede
another generation to rule/create such, for everyone ..

4 Solar Powered Homes Designed by Students That Will Blow You Away

This year's Solar Decathlon produced some incredible solar-powered...

Smile'

Bacon, sausages cause cancer: WHO

PETER WHORISKEY 5:59am |Sausage, bacon, and other processed meats cause cancer, a panel of health experts find after reviewing decades of research.

oooohh NICE'

1445886971449.jpg

Sausages cause cancer, the World Health Organisation has declared. Photo: Marina Oliphant

Should we all go vegetarian?

ARIANA EUNJUNG CHA 5:56am |Analysis: Here's what experts have to say about what this new warning means for your diet.

oohhh just as nice ..

1445889114045.jpg

Is it time to say goodbye to the beloved BLT? Photo: William Meppem

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
CHAMPION
Go South Australia!

Australia's first 100pc renewable energy utility company to launch in SA

A South Australian company will launch the country's first 100 per cent renewable energy utility business, the latest in an energy revolution sweeping across Australia which could spell the end of the power grid as we know it.

This is the totally renewable energy company selling power off-grid and on the cheap

Rubbish haul found in stomach of dead whale

Taiwanese marine biologists discover a mass of plastic bags and fishing net in the stomach of a dead whale, underlying the dangers posed by floating ocean trash.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
rubbish MODERATION FFS everyone knows that shirley'
'journaliststrying to make it sensationalist' funny'
high consumption be buggered/BEHAVE yourselves people ..
mmmm meat gimmmee gimmmeee gimmmeee

hands up thse who never treated processed foods, not only meats
as a dicy/dodgy substance
think weveall been wary of it without WHO over dramatizing things geesus

Inside Story - Does meat cause cancer?

Published on Oct 27, 2015
The World Health Organisation says processed meat could cause cancer, red meat is risky too.Presenter: Hazem Sika Guests: Hannes Tinnacher - chef and food expert Dr Kurt Straif - epidemolist and head of the International Agency for Research on Cancer Darren Saunders - senior lecturer at the School of Medical Sciences at the University of New South Wales Australia

ohmy
no sympathy for the humans that o that
even if theyre starving to death themselves
which i doubt

well cant say i like sad stuff

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
cleardot.gif

'LIKE'very much ha
like a trial of wildflowers they tried on our motorway embankments
couple of interesting articles, to me least ways ha'

PHOTO: The Atacama Desert is one of the driest places on Earth. (Flickr: Alejandro Soffia)

Topics: deserts, ecology, science-and-technology, human-interest, chile

Atacama Desert in Chile becomes floral wonderland\

Chile's Atacama Desert is one of the driest places on Earth, but parts of the landscape are now covered in flowers after a year of unprecedented rain.

Man claims he cut chains on Uluru to set off climbing debate

cleardot.gif

incredible information re WATER shortages WW
how interesting .. never heard of tyhe 2 els 30 years ago
had 10 odd years of pooh poohing them as well fduh' true

South Korea experiences worst drought in 42 years

Published on Oct 28, 2015
South Korea's Boryeong reservoir is emptying by the day.Its water supplies nearly half a million people in the area, as well as agriculture and industry.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and
whatsthe mighty UN doing about it
having meeting after meeting, talking shit, then Banki Moon cake will come out and mutter some craap that they ghave spent years trying to sort out, then its forgotten for another hundred years ..

World not prepared for consequences of severe drought, UN warns

The head of the United Nations office for disaster risk reduction warns the world is not prepared for the consequences of severe drought, as Australia faces an extreme El Nino weather event.

What is El Nino?

What is El Nino and why does it have so much influence over our weather?

really really pleased it worked out for these guys
remember well when Mugabe kicked them out in those days
not a great deal can be said for the leaders of most of the African countries or there leaders
apart from Hitler Stalin he was my most hated non human at/of the time ha grrrr

Zimbabwe's white farmers start anew in Mozambique

Published on Oct 28, 2015
Dozens of white farmers from Zimbabwe have ended up in Mozambique after armed youths seized their lands and gave them to black Zimbabweans.Mozambique has welcomed the farmers' expertise and investment. Al Jazeera's Hamza Mohamed reports from Chimoio in central Mozambique.

bit of a bummer huh'

Climate Change ‘A Serious Threat’ to King Penguins, Study Warns

http://ecowatch.com/2015/10/28/clim...ail&utm_term=0_49c7d43dc9-4d0b8f7d7b-85968677

penguin_750.jpg

King penguin fitted with an Argos transmitter. Photo credit: C.A. Bost

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
YES
want to live in Moroc/100pc Solar ..

Morocco to Build World’s Largest Concentrated Solar Power Plant

Morocco is building a massive solar complex that will help provide nearly half of ...

Morocco is building “a complex of four linked solar mega-plants that, alongside hydro and wind, will help provide nearly half of Morocco’s electricity from renewables by 2020,” reports The Guardian. When the entire project is finished, it will be the world’s largest concentrated solar power plant in the world. The first phase, Noor 1, will go live next month.

unfortunate ..

A man claiming responsibility for cutting climbing chains on Uluru says he feels a close connection to the Aboriginal sacred site and wants to set off debate on whether people should walk on it.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
opossibly our last sanctuary on the planet
be good if they only ever reserve it for research
dont need China for examplte to build mega cities for humans to go live there .. interesting doco ..
lovely 2 lady presenters as well ha
yes pity we nations cant/dont get on like they do there

The Stream - Antarctica's science seekers

Published on Oct 29, 2015
On The Stream: Scientists explain why studying Antarctica matters

understand/appreciate/accept the need for culliong
be more of an upset if an annual occurence
pity theyre not rare like pandas etc i geuss ..

295 Bears Killed in Florida’s First Black Bear Hunt in Decades

It was a sad weekend for bears in Florida. Saturday marked the start of Florida’s first statewide bear hunt since...

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stunning Drone Footage Shows Greenland Literally Melting Away

A team of scientists are working on a project in Greenland, the results of which could provide "groundbreaking...

maybe
wondering if it always has been 'melting' over the centuries, before phone cams' duh

here you go
can always trust ecowatch to come up with many reasons

2 Huge Benefits of Eating Less Red and Processed Meats

The just-released report from the International Agency for Research on Cancer judging processed meat as clearly..
redmeat_750.jpg

Eating less red and processed meats has two benefits: a reduced risk for certain forms of cancer, and a reduced effect on climate change. Photo credit: Sheila / Flickr

Meat producers do not like the “eat less

beautiful images f eagles and there carers

Dying breed of eagle hunters captured in stunning photos

An Australian photographer documents the last remaining Kazakh eagle hunters in a remote and unforgiving part of the planet, amid fears the ancient tradition could disappear within 20 years.