Globalist or Multiculturalist?

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How am I taking this thread off-topic?

I was addressing the fundamentals of multiculturalism and the danger of regarding all cultures as morally equivalent.

I don't understand your last sentence.

I'm moving on now, anyway.

You are throwing the cold water of reality on this thread. Stop it. Can't we all just get along?

B_Swimming Lad

Experimental Member
Media
Second time round it's making more sence. (I think?) lol

I think i'm gonna have to go 4 multiculturalist. I think the different backgrounds people have make us very different from other people in the world. I also believe this should be encouraged and variety within human culture should be maintained. Coming from very mixed up background myself I think the world would be a very sad and boring place if any more unique peoples were lost.

(I have tried but if I have failed again to grasp whats goin on and i'm chattin about somthin the rest of u aren't, then just ignore this post)

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NIC,

That is a great elitist definition of they way they see the world. I would love to believe in that Pollyanna, but I also believe there is evil in this world and with Liberal leaders believing the way you do, your beliefs will continue to hamstring this great nation.

I'm a liberal leader?

I would love to believe that human beings are intelligent. Then people like you invariably come along and dash my hopes.

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So you moved all over the world every four years? I am guessing your parents were in the army? We are all the same so why do we need an army?

Actually they were, and I was, in the Air Force.

Your question is a poignant one. Would that we could live in a world where such concepts were, in fact, redundant. The sarcasm in your voice (does one have a voice on the internet?) is not lost on me. I realize that for many both ideas of globalism and multiculturalism seem PollyAnna. But then, the struggles for acceptance of so many different peoples and ideas were at one time seen the same way. It is only with tenacity that what was once PollyAnna becomes feasible, then possible, then probable, then an accomplished fact.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a liberal leader?

I would love to believe that human beings are intelligent. Then people like you invariably come along and dash my hopes.

I did not call you a leader. I lamented about Liberal leaders believing the way you do.

Ah, intelligence. Is 160 a high IQ? I would say it is average for an intelligent person that has taken the test several times. Am I supposed to believe you are intelligent because you may or may have not scored that on an IQ test? It reminds me of guys talking about their high school football days and how good they were etc. Or the guy that tells me he can bench 400lbs, did I ask? I just laugh and ask myself why do they tell me that stuff. Usually anyone that is that strong, doesn't need to tell anyone, you just know it.

Well, intelligence is a lot more encompassing than an IQ test. What have you done with the 160pts? Did you get a degree? Did you get a good job? Do you make good money? Have you made a difference anywhere? As I always say, application is everything.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually they were, and I was, in the Air Force.

Your question is a poignant one. Would that we could live in a world where such concepts were, in fact, redundant. The sarcasm in your voice (does one have a voice on the internet?) is not lost on me. I realize that for many both ideas of globalism and multiculturalism seem PollyAnna. But then, the struggles for acceptance of so many different peoples and ideas were at one time seen the same way. It is only with tenacity that what was once PollyAnna becomes feasible, then possible, then probable, then an accomplished fact.

So you admit that Globalism and Multiculturalism is a utopian (at least in a world view) idea at this point, but I am sure you look down upon the realists that are making the world safe for your ideas.

How do you mix Islamo Fascism into Globalism or Multiculturalism?

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So you admit that Globalism and Multiculturalism an utopian (at least ina world view) idea at this point, but I am sure you look down upon the realists that are making the world safe for your ideas.

How to you mix Islamo Fascism into Globalism or Multiculturalism?

"Your Honor, I object! Leading question!"

You'll have to do better than try to trap me in little word games.

I am one of the realists that made the world safe for my ideas. I volunteered and gave six years of my life, unselfishly, to the defense of the great nation that is the United States. I served during time of war in theatre.

I am one of the people that made it possible for you and I to be having this conversation.

To your last question, I must inform you that you have missinterpreted the concepts of both globalism and multiculturalism. Espousing either idea does not mean that I, or anyone else, has to agree with everything that mankind offers. Both theories are schools of thought in how to attempt to get people to get along better. Neither is a school of thought in how to accept terrorism, oppression, racial cleansing, or any of the other horrid things that we as humans do. They are both ways to attempt to get our minds on other concepts. Concepts that would allow us to better ourselves as individuals and as a species.

Ascyltos

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Is it cultures that practice repression or is it governments?

Are you suggeting general intolerance fuels freedom?

Lucky? No. Freedom to debate wasn't just handed to us. We earned that right. The US and other democratic nations have fought to preserve freedom a number of times.

Speedoguy, I'm back to answer your valid questions.

Actually, both cultures and governments can practice repression.

No, I am not suggesting that "general intolerance fuels freedom". Just that tolerance of repression etc., fuels tyranny. If we don't fight against it then it thrives.

You are quite right. It was not luck that handed us freedom. What I meant was that we are fortunate - the word "luck" was incorrectly used.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am one of the realists that made the world safe for my ideas. I volunteered and gave six years of my life, unselfishly, to the defense of the great nation that is the United States. I served during time of war in theatre.

Thank you for your service.

To your last question, I must inform you that you have missinterpreted the concepts of both globalism and multiculturalism. Espousing either idea does not mean that I, or anyone else, has to agree with everything that mankind offers. Both theories are schools of thought in how to attempt to get people to get along better. Neither is a school of thought in how to accept terrorism, oppression, racial cleansing, or any of the other horrid things that we as humans do. They are both ways to attempt to get our minds on other concepts. Concepts that would allow us to better ourselves as individuals and as a species.

OK, I guess if you are only speaking in theory it is something to ponder. But in reality, you still need an army and you still need to make hard decisions to keep this country and the world safe. It seems that people that believe in the two world views in which you described, cannot be trusted to make those choices.

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for your service.

You are welcome. :cool:

OK, I guess if you are only speaking in theory it is something to ponder. But in reality, you still need an army and you still need to make hard decisions to keep this country and the world safe. It seems that people that believe in the two world views in which you described, cannot be trusted to make those choices.

You are correct. We do live in a world where we do need an Army, an Air Force, a Navy, and a Marine Corp. I would never trade what has yet to be accomplished with what is keeping me safe right now. But I will strive to make the world a bigger place for everyone by trying to accomplish what has yet to be accomplished. I will strive to make peace with any and all who are willing to do the same.

BTW, I appreciate that you conceded a point. Honestly.

Ascyltos

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
am[/B] one of the realists that made the world safe for my ideas. I volunteered and gave six years of my life, unselfishly, to the defense of the great nation that is the United States. I served during time of war in theatre.

Back to just comment.

Wrey. My hat off to you. As you know, I don't embrace the post-modern academic notion of multiculturalism. However, to have fought for your country in battle is a tough achievement. I admire your courage.

I would argue that fighting for that which you value is in fact a selfish act - (in a good way), because what you are defending (the USA) is important to you. To fight selflessly would mean that what you are fighting for is not of value to you.

Anyway. I'm glad you survived. It must have been quite difficult.

I really am off now.....:smile:

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Back to just comment.

Wrey. My hat off to you. As you know, I don't embrace the post-modern academic notion of multiculturalism. However, to have fought for your country in battle is a tough achievement. I admire your courage.

I would argue that fighting for that which you value is in fact a selfish act - (in a good way), because what you are defending (the USA) is important to you. To fight selflessly would mean that what you are fighting for is not of value to you.

Anyway. I'm glad you survived. It must have been quite difficult.

I really am off now.....:smile:

Thank you, sir. You have shown yourself the gentleman. :cool:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I did not call you a leader. I lamented about Liberal leaders believing the way you do.

Ah, intelligence. Is 160 a high IQ? I would say it is average for an intelligent person that has taken the test several times. Am I supposed to believe you are intelligent because you may or may have not scored that on an IQ test? It reminds me of guys talking about their high school football days and how good they were etc. Or the guy that tells me he can bench 400lbs, did I ask? I just laugh and ask myself why do they tell me that stuff. Usually anyone that is that strong, doesn't need to tell anyone, you just know it.

Well, intelligence is a lot more encompassing than an IQ test. What have you done with the 160pts? Did you get a degree? Did you get a good job? Do you make good money? Have you made a difference anywhere? As I always say, application is everything.

You didn't ask about my intelligence and I didn't ask about your opinion of it. None of this is relevant to anything but 160 is the 99.997th percentile on the test I took, I took the test once, and I'm content with where I am in life. I don't make a lot of money but that's not a big priority for me. I have a college degree, but it was awarded to me by an accredited university and they're all controlled by liberal elitist Jews, right? I'm surprised you'd list this as a worthy application of intellect. My handle isn't meant to be a brag, it's a joke, but people like you always fail to get it.

Also, you have absolutely no idea what my beliefs are or how they coincide with the "liberals" or "conservatives" in this country. You've read a couple of my posts maybe and neatly (but erroneously) grouped me into one of the handful of categories your feeble mind needs in order to make sense of the world. Don't apply your stupid cliches to me, I think for myself.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

oh, so you're one of the phony soldiers whose credibility we're allowed to question without having our own patriotism attacked because you don't blindly swallow every stupid thing the white house talking points say?

Didn't they inform you when you signed up to serve the country that good and honorable service meant becoming an unthinking pawn sucking at the teats of neocon ideologues? To do otherwise is betraying your country, regardless of whether you did or did not fight to defend her.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that people are the same but that outside influences, their environments etc influence them and cause the differences, but I don't think that we should try to minimise the differences but celebrate them.