GM's b/k details released

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IOW, nothing. As I suspected.

IOW, hypocrisy.

Do you deny that any of the three events above did not occur?

I honestly do not understand how you can shrug this off as nothing.

You, as many others here, certainly give the Prince a lot of latitude. Which is more than a little surprising, given how little you gave his predecessor.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IOW, hypocrisy.

You, as many others here, certainly give the Prince a lot of latitude. Which is more than a little surprising, given how little you gave his predecessor.

By this time, your "president" had already taken close to 6 weeks of vacation time. Obama spends a weekend with his wife in New York and you think it's some kind of political travesty. Don't you have something better to bitch about?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By this time, your "president" had already taken close to 6 weeks of vacation time. Obama spends a weekend with his wife in New York and you think it's some kind of political travesty. Don't you have something better to bitch about?

'my president' did not publicly say that using taxpayer dollars to travel for personal purposes was a travesty; and then turn around and do EXACTLY THAT.

In his efforts to continue to woo his audience, he does stuff like this all the time - blathering about principles, and then later stampeding all over them.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...I'm afraid GM will assume that just slapping Cadillac on the pieces of shit it has been producing will continue to hypnotize the public...
For starters, Cadillac should go back to making luxury CARS (and trust me, I know that "luxury" is currently loosely applied to the whole line). That "Cadillac" makes a pickup and an SUV nauseates me. SPORT, is not luxury. UTILITY, is not luxury. A Land Rover Series I-III, or a Defender 130 is an SUV. An Escalade is a poseur. A "luxury" SUV, is not only a frivolous contradiction (and I won't even bother with their fuel consumption), I think they're one of the many contributors to GM's downfall. Every time I see an Escalade parked at the far end of the parking lot to protect its precious self from scratches, or a tricked-out, immaculately detailed, Hummer, with full-on brush guards gliding through perfectly manicured up-scale neighbourhoods, I just wanna take a tire iron to them, to scuff them up a bit. What the Hell do you need brush guards for (or a UTILITY vehicle, for that matter), in Beverly Hills??? :mad:

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
IOW, hypocrisy.

You think the Obama's couldn't swing 45k on their own?
You think Barack shouldn't have kept his promise to Michelle to go see a broadway show after the election?
Obama took a Gulfstream and *NOT* Airforce 1.
Michelle was bringing down what, half a million before the run for President?
The flight reportedly cost $24,000... assuming the use of taxpayer funds, that works out to be $0.00024 per taxpayer.

I'll give you a penny, 24 times what this trip might cost you, to shut up about it.

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
He should have swung it. Just paid for the whole thing if he can easily swing it.
You think Barack shouldn't have kept his promise to Michelle to go see a broadway show after the election?
I'd rather Mr. Obama keep his promise not to run up the deficit
Well, that's different. He took two planes and a helicopter on the Taxpayers dime but since he didn't ride in Air Force One...well the money means nothing.
Okay so Michelle could have paid for it all on her own...she should have.
The flight reportedly cost $24,000... assuming the use of taxpayer funds, that works out to be $0.00024 per taxpayer.
When each taxpayer owes close to $187k in national debt every penny counts.

I'll give you a penny, 24 times what this trip might cost you, to shut up about it.
:rofl: :eek:wned22:

That would have been funny if Obama hadn't just recently said we were out of money.

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wish Bush hadn't used up all the travel funds on his 77 trips to Crawford on Airforce 1.

You know it costs a LOT more money to fly AF1 than it does to fly a Gulfstream right?

You know, all through the great depression FDR still traveled.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I wish Bush hadn't used up all the travel funds on his 77 trips to Crawford on Airforce 1.

You know it costs a LOT more money to fly AF1 than it does to fly a Gulfstream right?

You know, all through the great depression FDR still traveled.
Oh, it must be nothing since Obama used a smaller Astronomical amount of Taxpayer money than Bush.

Obama was supposed to be about change. Will the excuses given out ever change from "But Bush Did it too?" :rolleyes:

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So should Obama NEVER go on vacation or a night out for the next 7 1/2 years? Is he not entitled to take the first lady to a broadway show like he promised her he would do?

How much in tax payer money did we spend to have Dick Cheney shoot his friend in the face?

Really, if the conservatives here only have a trip to New York to bitch about, then what are their priorities? The whole thing is only made more absurd in that they're forced to defend Bush for doing the very thing they're criticizing Obama for.

Political reactionism always sounds like a child whining to some invisible mommy. It's certainly no display of leadership.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

as far as I've seen, he's never 'swung' anything on his own - including his mansion in Chicago.

Yes, I think they can forego a $40K trip to see a Broadway show when we are pushing 10% unemployment.

Rent a movie for $3.95.

vaguely remember Obama speech saying 'everyone needs to sacrifice'

remember that line?

cashier's check, please.