Go out swinging!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few months ago I was out in my front yard when I saw the mother of a childhood classmate walking down the street. I spent a few minutes talking to her and asked about him casually. She informed me that he had finally gotten married at 40 and now was very ill with pancreatic cancer. It was a shock to me but I kept on moving. Tonight I was watching the evening news when I once again saw a man who makes his parents family and any one who knows him proud. Please watch or read this and learn....
Irrational Optimism: Live Life Like Randy Pausch

CMU professor gives his last lesson on life

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The courage this man shows in for what most of us would be a very private time is amazing. Yes this is a life lesson for us all. Why not? Shout out this is who i am, and this is who i was and im going to die soon. A celebration of life in a welcoming of death with open arms. Embracing it. Death shouldnt be sad it should be a celebration of once having lived. An amazing and uplifting story............:smile:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I watched a documentary called 'The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off', the guy in it was called Johnny Kennedy. He suffered from Epidermolysis Bullosa a genetic condition where the skin breaks at the slightest touch, causing painful, open blisters and wounds. It's extremely painful and often fatal in infancy.

Throughout the program I was constantly amazed at how upbeat and optimistic he was in the face of this terrible disease. The program followed him as he went to Downing Street to meet the Prime Minister to plead for funds to research the disease even though he was terribly ill at the time, during the trip back home from Downing Street he died on the train.
I'm fairly hard hearted but this was one program that had me in tears for days, it made me put in perspective all the little worries I'd allowed to bother me and made me realise how hard some people have it and still manage to smile.

If this program is repeated on tv anyone who has a chance should watch it, it's harrowing but he was an amazing guy.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw this earlier this afternoon and was shocked, inspired, and blown away by his courage and accomplishments.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes,

His tenacity is something I remember well all the way through school. Though he was very bright, he was probably one of the least likely athletes. But he was dogged. No amount of teasing or bashing in the world could make him buckle under. I remember his high water pants and taped eyeglasses. Though his parents could well afford new pants and eyeglasses they taught him the value of his inner person and pushing towards a goal. My hat is off to his parents, his wife and finally and foremost to him for being an inspiration all of these years later. He has had the last laugh...