Go Vote!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My voting place is literally three blocks away so I took care of my obligations while picking up breakfast this morning. YAY! :biggrin:

Don't really have too much to worry about living in NYC. Carl Paladino doesn't have a good chance on winning. However, all you swing staters better get out there!!

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Don't really have too much to worry about living in NYC. Carl Paladino doesn't have a good chance on winning. However, all you swing staters better get out there!!

The Highlighted portion implies that YOU think it is only important to vote if you are voting democrat.

EVERYONE needs to go out and vote regardless of who they actually vote for.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Highlighted portion implies that YOU think it is only important to vote if you are voting democrat.

That's YOUR implication and it's absolute bullshit.
To be honest, I really considered voting for Kristin Davis the anti-Prohibitionist for Governor this year. She's for legalizing marijuana, gay marriage and legalized gambling which would bring in major revenue to the state. However, everyone knows she doesn't have a chance in hell in winning since the mass majority of citizens are not paying attention to issues and would rather vote because they're "mad as hell".

And let me repeat this again for the 1 billionth time... even I have voted Republican in elections before. I voted for William Weld when he ran for Governor in Massachusetts.

Apology accepted. Now take your bullshit someplace else. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We didn't have shit here for candidates in MI, but I did vote for who I thought had the best experience.

I just couldn't vote for Republican Rick Snyder running for Govenor. The man had no experience other than a corporate backbone. Not to mention ties to Mike Cox and the Whore party hosted by Kilpatrick in Detroit. He has a Bachelors in General Education Studies.

Virg Benero had an extensive education, experience, etc etc. Taking the party out of it... He had the most experience to do the job.

SOOO GLAD attorney general spot is up for election in MI. Give Cox the boot!
Shuette (R) may have been a good choice, as Leyton (D) had some snafu's with elderly family abuse going on.
But...when you look at Shuette's site..all you see are Defamatory youtube commercials about Leyton. Not much about Shuette. So, I viewed it as the traditional smear campaign we've all seen before. Cut the fat...just give us the facts and let us decide.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Been there, done that.

EVERYONE needs to go out and vote regardless of who they actually vote for.
:confused: That's quite a leap. Where did he say that? He mentioned one race and no party. How is that partisan?

Not to mention, anyone voting for that goon Paladino really needs to examine their priorities.

Voting Democrat AND Republican. Never vote straight ticket. That's retarded.
What if all the candidates you support happen to be in the same party? It happens.

Last edited:

DevonTexas

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
@maxcok - it 'could' happen I suppose. But here in Texas, we have nutcases on both sides of the ticket. I couldn't vote straight ticket with a conscience. Allowing one political party to represent you in such a complicated, modern world to me is irresponsible.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I voted a week ago. :)
Happy to say this year I spread the wealth: 3 Greens, 2 Democrats, 1 Republican, 1 Libertarian, and 1 Peace and Freedom candidate received my vote. Going by Five Thirty Eight's numbers, I might have picked three winners! A new record for me. :biggrin1:

Voting Democrat AND Republican. Never vote straight ticket. That's retarded.
Voting the party line only bothers me when it is done without considering the suitability of other candidates. Otherwise, if the politics and priorities of one party match the seasoned voter, I see no reason to object.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Voting the party line only bothers me when it is done without considering the suitability of other candidates. Otherwise, if the politics and priorities of one party match the seasoned voter, I see no reason to object.
Agreed. Not to mention, there are clear philosophical distinctions between the major parties. There's nothing wrong with finding commonality with one over the other, provided you examine the candidates as individuals.

To assume it's always a problem to vote a straight party ticket strikes me just as politically naive as voting a straight party ticket without thinking. Sometimes the only worthy candidates are all in the same party, particularly if one lives in an area where there are limited options in terms of candidates and party.

DevonTexas

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm a liberal on social issues like gay marriage, marijuana, gambling, abortion and euthanasia but conservative on issues of fiscal policy, foreign policy and the military. Unfortunately, there is no party for me, so I can't vote straight ticket.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Devon you can vote straight ticket and at the end before you hit the vote button change the ones you don't like. Early voted here just so I could vote against Goodhair Perry, not sure if it is going to make any difference though. You know who we have to thank for Perry, a gift that keeps on giving.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I voted today. It pains me to say I had to vote for one republican for the office of sheriff. The incumbent, who I know and have voted for in the past, posted his campaign signs in the three yards, I call it the compound, of the write in candidate for governor who is a neo-nazi. I spoke with the candidate about this and he assured me he would remove the signs because he didn't want the impression of supporting the neo-nazi and his write-in campaign. The signs haven't come down and it's be over a month since our conversation. I'm calling him this afternoon to let him know he didn't have my vote.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh! and yeah, Carl Palidino is a fuck-stick

Something we agree on.
Yet because I didn't vote for him (and hope that most New Yorkers have the sense not to vote for him as well), that's automatically supposed to mean that I'm implying folks to only vote Democrat this year... or at least our beloved political wizard swordfishME thinks so. Sarcasm intended.

Seriously, I'm so sick of the bullshit.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just did it. Also signed up my oldest for his first vote!

I am resigned to never having my candidate win. 'Tis the wages of being on society's fringes in so many ways.