God Bless The Kilt

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by WellHung83, Feb 7, 2008.

1. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    To all the Scottish blokes here and all over = THANK GOD for the creation of the kilt ! See G-Man for reference :biggrin1: I curse the day I was born an aussie since the kilt is so seldom seen over in the land of Oz :banghead2:

2. BigMeatNJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree. I think it is one of the greatest thing a man can wear. I have no Scot in me so I can't possibly justify wearing one on a formal occasion..especially here in the states. but I wish I could.

3. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
  4. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have to admit that the upkilt shot thing has totally caught my attention. Ever since upyerkilt.net was created I've been into it. I didn't even really know about the commando thing until I found upyerkilt.

5. conchis

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have always wished to own a kilt...

6. erratic

Gold Member

Agreed. I'm overjoyed that I have Scottish ancestry if for no other reason than that I get to wear a kilt at my wedding.

Be it also resolved that the Roman kilt needs to be brought back.

7. Viking_UK

Gold Member

You don't need to be Scottish or of Scottish origin to wear a kilt. The Irish, Welsh, Manx and Cornish had them too. Then you get the Utilikilts. That aside, all you need is the balls to do it. A kilt is one of the most comfortable things you can wear. Just get used to wearing it before going out in public or you might end up wearing a tent instead.

I heard a report on the news here a couple of weeks ago that they're becoming very popular on UK building sites, especially around Oxfordshire. I'm not sure how true that is as I haven't seen any kilted builders yet. It's maybe time for me to start cycling at lunch time again to carry out my own research. I must admit I don't think I'd have the balls to wear one on a building site myself. I can't help feeling that there would be a lot of ribbing, leg pulling and practical jokes. Still, it would get rid of the builder's bum, but how many builders will get bummed?

8. erratic

Gold Member

Kilts on building sites?

Damn.

You never see kilts here in Canada. It sucks. Maybe I should start a trend.

9. Bawsac

Bawsac Member

Albums:
    It's great being out in Glasgow or Edinburgh on a weekend night and catching sight of a few hunks in their kilt. It's even better if there has been a football or rugby match on too....plenty guys have a few beers and want to show EVERYONE what they do or do not have underneath their kilt. Aaargh, Bonnie SCOTLAND indeed x

10. Viking_UK

Gold Member

I'm with you on that, Bawsac. I love it when they just sit down without thinking and show the world what they've got.

I remember one night in Dundee though when I got chased down the road by about 20 hens, screaming, "Kiltie! Get him!"

Another time in Aberdeen, one of my mates walked down Union Street on a Friday night in a Gaultier leather kilt, a leather harness and Docs. Brave boy. That's all I can say.

11. What to do?

What to do? New Member

So what I am seeing is that I need to go to Scotland :)

12. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd love to do to Glasgow myself, but from what I'd hear I'd get my head bashed in being a bisexual man. But to see all those blokes in those kilts on a special holiday.......

13. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

As a Dubliner, twas always about my favourite day of the year (well every second year) when Ireland would host Scotland in the Five Nations (now 6) and Dublin would be full of kilted men - Great night to go site seeing in the town centre :biggrin:

My bf has expressed an interest in getting a kilt - I very much hope he does, there are very few guys they don't look good and he has great legs. Of course if he does he's going to have a hard time keeping me out from under it :rolleyes: :biggrin:

14. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Glasgow's no worse or better than any other city. There are some parts of it where you'd be advised to be careful, but it's the same anywhere. If you're sensible you shouldn't have any problems. (And by sensible, I mean don't dance down the street holding hands and kissing another bloke.) It's not as bad as they make out on Taggart.

15. Bawsac

Bawsac Member

Albums:
    Yeh, Glasgow gets a bit of a reputation but it really is a vibrant, modern city and being the biggest city in Scotland it probably does have more crime than elsewhere........but that also means there is more "Boaby" as we say here. lol

(for non-Glaswegians, Boaby is COCK!)

16. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Just remember to order Pepsi or some other cola in Scotland. If you ask for Coke, you may get something else (especially if the barman's in a kilt).

17. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Okay, I'm gonna sound like a total innocent here, but what would the barman give you if he's dressed in the kilt and you order Coke ? :confused:

18. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Cock, in a Glasgow accent is pronounced coke.

19. G.man

G.man Member

Albums:
    It is not. Unless you're living in Maryhill, or Easterhouse where no-one has there teeth anymore.
    And don't worry about it WellHung83, you'd be made most welcome in Glasgow if ever you choose to visit. I'd personally see to it that no-one kicked your head in.
    Oh, and back to the thread:

Kilt's are the sexiest thing a man can wear. Anyone can put on a kilt and automatically get a lingering look in a crowd. There's nothing that beats the freedom of a kilt, and dispite what everyone thinkis, it's actually quite warm.
    And God Bless the kilt, because i'd hate to wear a tux at black tie events. Kilt's just look so much better, more masculine, and far less poncey

(and their good for getting boaby too)

G

20. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted