god damn MP3 players

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_N Flay Table, Aug 25, 2007.

1. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

I have gone though 3 of them..
    They suck!
    my ipod was the most reliable, however I switched from apple because of price and poor customer service.

I now have a creative zen microphoto, and let me tell you, If I could flush it down the toilet, I would.
    this device truely is a piece of shit.

I hope that whoever desigened it has to share a room in hell with Larry King.

The device worked for 2 months, than just quit.

I cannot call tech support, they want to chage me 10 dollars for a phone call?
    what am I? a yankee?

fuck creative labs... fuck them up thier stupid asses.:mad:

2. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

They do suck. I play MP3's on my 'cellphone' now though. It's pretty good. I have nearly 1GB of space on it. I make all the songs 96kbps and it works a charm.

Normally I don't endorse using something that tries to do many things at once (phone/camera/mp3 player etc) since usually it will do all of them badly (or average at best). But try on your cellphone? At least if that stops playing MP3's you can still call people and play games etc. :biggrin1:

IF you still want to use an MP3 player, you should always 'stop the device' in Windows. There's a button in the bottom right that says 'safely remove hardware' when you have it plugged in. If you just pull it out, there's a chance it will corrupt the songs/break the player. Of course, also beware of those knock off IPODs and MP3 Players.

It'd be easier to use your mobile though.

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I was just considering buying an MP3 player...

Maybe not - or maybe I should just get a cheap pice o' shit one I'll be happy to throw away when it stops working...

Hmmm, food for thought *ponders*

(Didn't know you were a Spin Doctors fan SLB - were you not still in nappies when they were around? :tongue: )

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I've had my iPod for almost 3 years now... the first one was dropped before I even go it.. so it didn't turn on... the second one was programmed for a mac (How I have no clue, no one I know even has a mac to do that to it), and the thrid one is still working... I got my local computer store where I bought it from to do the work for me (I worked at a company that was half and half owning the computer place too)

5. Mulebear

Mulebear Member

Albums:
    I've got a 60 gig Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra. It's close to three years old now and still going. It has better sound quality than an IPod and it was a lot less expensive.

I would definitely buy from Creative again.

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a Zune. I am really satisfied.

7. solarphallux

solarphallux New Member

Albums:
    Have my iPod Nano and my IPhone (I gave my iPod Video to my sister and my first iPod to my Mum). Have had no problems at all. Never had any problems with Apple, either.

I am an certified Mac technician by trade, so perhaps that helps... I don't work for Apple corporate, though :biggrin1:

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I'm not a big fan of Apple but my 30 GB video iPod works fine. I've been using it now for about six months.

9. kdnielsson

kdnielsson Member

Dunno. My iPod works flawlessly for 3+ years. iPod+iTunes couldn't be simpler.

10. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I'm about to head for my 4th player! I have fingers of death I tell you!

11. huw ginnit

huw ginnit New Member

Albums:
    Buy a cheap one, I bought a snide 1 Gig "iPod shuffle" for a penny, off ebay. For the price it can die tomorrow and I'm still happy...

12. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    The 256MB Rio that I bought Mrs. HG for Xmas back in 2000 turned out to be a real turd...it would shut itself off, and then not turn back on until you stood on your left foot and hopped around in a backward circle three times whilst blowing rasperries beneath a full moon at midnight on the third Saturday of the month.

The 4GB iPod Nano she's had for the last couple years hasn't given her any problems.

13. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

At the danger at sounding like a relic, or maybe even a fossil: Go cassettes. When I go out for a jog, I take a walkman with me. It's a 15-year-old Sony device, and still runs smoothly, just needs new batteries ever year or so. And if one of my cassettes threatens to turn into tape salad, I invest one buck into a new one and duplicate it. The things are old, but resilient.

14. Bigpen

Bigpen New Member

I've got an Ipod (Video 30GB) for 1,5 years now and i am satisfied. Never had any problems. The battery could last longer, 4 to 6 hours music playback or 2,5 hours video playback are not enough...

15. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here's an odd MP3 problem.

I just bought a car here in Germany. It's a new C-Class Mercedes, not yet available in the USA.

The car's all-in-one navigation/trip computer/phone/audio system incorporates a 4 gig hard drive that can store and access MP3s. Or so it says.

It does so through a PMCICA card that plugs into the dash. Sensational, I thought, I can plug the PMCICA card (with double Firewire slots) that I bought at CompUSA into the dash and download MP3s from my laptop, which also has a Firewire connection.

No go. The volume knob on the dash physically gets in the way of a card that accomodates a Firewire connection.

So, I finally find a PMCICA card at a camera store that can accomodate a memory card. It takes an XD card (which doesn't suit my camera or laptop's inbuilt reader) so I need to fork out mega Euros for a 2 gig sliver of plastic. I cautiously synch the memory card with my Windows Media Player files (.wmf), because it's only supposed to synch MP3s. Et voila, it works.

Flushed with success, I download some German vocab courses from Audible.com, and the car can't read it. And Audible sells NOTHING but MP3s.

Now, fine for you guys. You can toss your non-functioning iPods after a few months, but I ain't gonna toss the car.

How do I turn an MP3 into a wmf?

16. findfirefox

Gold Member

17. Mulebear

Mulebear Member

Albums:
    WMF is a graphics file. I think you mean WMA.

Try Super. It can convert almost any multimedia file to another.

SUPER © .

18. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I dunno man, I went with two busted ipods to an Apple store, the guy typed on his computer for less than two minutes and then handed me two shiny replacements for free. That by itself made me a customer for life.

What did you experience?:confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted