God is mad at Haiti

Discussion in 'Politics' started by houtx48, Jan 16, 2010.

1. houtx48

Gold Member

www.clintonbushhaitifund.org ...............Just say no thanks, look what Zippy W. did for New Orleans. I wonder if he knows where Haiti is?

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Why would you take this sincere appeal for assistance and twist it into a partisan polemic against the former administration? And what on earth does the thread title have to do with either one?

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

"That is really quite offensive, sure i know where Haiti is, everybody knows it is the 49th state of Arkansas"

4. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Closer than Puerto Rico. Poorest moneypit on earth. Now this. :sigh:

5. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jokes playing off Haiti are not in good taste guys.

6. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's pretty bad there - they're the last people who needed an earthquake.

Not sure about those ppl insisting God was in a mood with Haiti (I'm not suggesting Hout thinks that) - for starters how would they know?? Also, devastating them even more isn't gna help if he were trying to attract their attention or turn them round. :/

A new, less corrupt administration, lots of aid and compassion and some good luck would seem better...

7. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Look asshole, we're all aware of your hatred for Bush, so how about putting it aside long enough to consider what it must be like to have just lost your very existence, perhaps your entire family, having spent the last 4 days alone, nights in complete darkness, rotting corpses all around you, possibly wounded, no food, no water, no idea if you'll even live through the next few hours.

Btw, he's been out of office for a year now... don't you think it's finally time to let go? :rolleyes:

8. houtx48

Gold Member

Btw, he's been out of office for a year now... don't you think it's finally time to let go?......361 days without a Bush does not a year make.

9. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

i have to agree. Its needlessly petty.

10. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

What I observe from the above is as usual: use some catastrophe to promote one's prejudices and politics. Shame on you! Bush is not responsible personally for this calamity, but he is guilty of many crimes. I don't point the finger, neither would I defend. The point is this, disaster is causing death, suffering, exploitation. It is up to us who cannot be there to help to make sure our contributions are used properly. Apart from that prayer is a potent but undervalued component.

#10 Sergeant_Torpedo, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  11. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    wow...just wow... some people should be ashamed of themselves...

12. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Frankly it did my heart proud to see these three Presidents: Bush, Clinton, and Obama, there together, united in this effort.

There are some things that should be beyond petty hate mongering politics.

13. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seriously.

Yesterday, a friend of mine posted a note about the White House's press release regarding steps being taken to aid Haiti and how people could best help.

Another person, who graduated college in the '70s, chimed in with something to the effect that if these efforts were being led by the white house, we could be sure his (the poster's) money wouldn't behind it, and then asked if there was anyplace HONEST he could donate.

I was gobsmacked. People are literally dying in need of aid, and this assclown won't help because he doesn't like Obama? Inexcusably selfish and juvenile attitude from anyone...but from a grown, educated adult? Just un-fucking-believable.

14. catman

Gold Member

I just worry, will this be the next New Orleans? ie lots of press, cries for help, and then 2 months from now we, and the media, move on to who is sleeping with the startlet of the moment?

I do agree, when there is rioting over a cup of water, things must be dire...

15. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

A lot more people died in the Tsunami and it wasnt on the tv screens two months later, why should this be any different? The truth is, the rest of us seem to forget all tragedy when it doesnt affect us personally. It's just the way it goes.

As for the original poster, what if there is no God be mad at Haiti?

16. D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs Account Disabled

It is so sad that God always ends up being the responsible for what satan does! Weird! (Regarding the blog's title)

Yes, it is never good time to make fun of such calamities! Shame on you! There are human beings suffering and dying as I type this comment! God have mercy on them and soothe their pain.

Regarding Bush, yes, it has been a year since he left the presidency, but how do you expect us to forget what he did in 8 years? Ask the peope who are financially struggling while the nation is drawning in death for an illegal war? Or what about the thousands of parents, wives, children and love ones of those who lost their lives fighting such war? We cannot let it go buddy! History cannot be erased! Don't let your political inclination blind you from the truth! We need to learn from those mistakes. Our children must know what happened!

#16 D_Ambrosius Cottonballs, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  17. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was gna say - why would God be responsible for it? Whether God exists or not, isn't it more likely that they're so badly affected because they live in a geologically dangerous place and aren't prosperous enough to prepare for it?

I'm not sure the OP was actually suggesting God was responsible for it - it sounds kinda oddly tongue-in-cheek. I do think the thread topic was unwise, but maybe castigating him disproportionately isn't helpful either? (even tho I did. :tongue: Oops).

18. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never implored anyone to forget, just move on. Nearly every post by the OP in this forum refers to "zippy" a.k.a. Bush. As for a nation drowning in debt (I believe that's what you meant to say), are you oblivious to the post-Bush spending spree?

I believe the OP is implying that God is somehow doing an injustice to the Haitians by way of Bush being involved in the relief efforts. As if those who are clinging to life really care who is willing to help them. Bush actually did a lot to combat AIDS in Haiti (PEPFAR), not that the OP would likely give him any credit for those efforts.

19. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ohhhh, ok. *gets it*.

Cheers Veep. :smile:

#19 Joll, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
  20. captain garbonzo

captain garbonzo New Member

New Orleans? This is worse. Haiti was a shithole before this happened.

Don't forget who is really paying for the aid Obama promises. The American citizen taxpayer is the real hero here, not some poser sitting in the White House who gives good speeches.

http://www.usaid.gov/policy/budget/cbj2009/

#20 captain garbonzo, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted