God is mad at Haiti

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Then you might get out of your "fuckin" town and see beyond your ghetto! Remember, it is not just about you! YES THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE not living in the right conditions after Katrina.

I don't make it my business to respond to people who are obviously complete fucking assholes, not for long at any rate. But to further elaborate on my point:

1) I don't live in a ghetto. And

2) yes there are still people who are living in tents here in New Orleans. We like many other cities have our share of homeless (using the term in the way you imply "living in tents"). We hade had this before the storm.

How many such people (without a place of residence) do you think live in Houston, New York, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, compared to New Orleans?? (btw, you might learn how to correctly SPELL the names of the cities you mention).

3) Further, we don't need the likes of you (asswipe) to be using us or even homeless people in general as an excuse for ignoring the need of the Haitian people, NOT when there are people here reaching in their pockets and doing things to respond to the needs of the victims of this disaster.

Go crawl back into the shithole you wormed your way out of, why dontcha?

Last edited:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just saw that Danny Glover said global warming was to blame. Wow. Exploitation of a disaster in it's finest hour.

Also just heard that they found a 2-yr old still alive. Gadzooks. Shame that there are ppl still alive, that they won't get to.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Those poor Haitian orphaned kids. I'd like to adopt a dozen of them. I think I'd first have to get a job.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most of this thread is simply appalling. It only proves that ignorance and indifference to human suffering know no bounds (political or otherwise).

My husband and I donated what we could to Doctors Without Borders. I only wish we were in a position to give more. George Bush is doing a lot simply by donating time. Do you know how much money he can earn by giving a speech somewhere? Instead, he's DONATING his time to a cause that can only benefit from his presence. That has nothing to do with his political party, or his ability to govern, and everything to do with his human compassion.

Thank you HazelGod and starinvestor (among a few others) for bringing some sense and human decency to this otherwise myopic and disdainful thread!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Farallon - you don't need to worry about the Bush Era. It's over. It's on record as the worst ever.
The most you can do is make sure you vote for the better candidate. That's all you can do. Voice your opinion to your state reps and hammer it home.
We americans are left picking up the pieces, but we must move on.
I just wish people would organize better to keep these big washington bullshitters in line. Make them accountable.

I blame the media 110%. They can censor out swear words but when someone makes an unbelievably miserable statement - they give them all the media coverage the attention whores want.
Why - Mr. Network executive do you broadcast such utter filth to the public?
Why broadcast so much hatred?

Further - Why did China only donate $1M?
Where's the rest of the world (Africa, AU etc.)

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
I know it is in the pass, I just bothers me to think he could be doing it to gain points. It woud not surprise me!

About other nations helping Haiti, yes, there are dozens of other nations helping with what they can. The media, as you should know, only shows what the U.S is doing. The media, oh the media!

Farallon - you don't need to worry about the Bush Era. It's over. It's on record as the worst ever.
The most you can do is make sure you vote for the better candidate. That's all you can do. Voice your opinion to your state reps and hammer it home.
We americans are left picking up the pieces, but we must move on.
I just wish people would organize better to keep these big washington bullshitters in line. Make them accountable.

I blame the media 110%. They can censor out swear words but when someone makes an unbelievably miserable statement - they give them all the media coverage the attention whores want.
Why - Mr. Network executive do you broadcast such utter filth to the public?
Why broadcast so much hatred?

Further - Why did China only donate $1M?
Where's the rest of the world (Africa, AU etc.)

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
If he can make that much money giving a speech somewhere, GREAT! Let him go give speeches to those who are willing to endure it and give THE MONEY for Haiti's cause! That would be noble!

Not polical???? Wooow, what a delusion! What Haiti need is money and helping hands pulling people out of the rubble. Not faces on cam!

Most of this thread is simply appalling. It only proves that ignorance and indifference to human suffering know no bounds (political or otherwise).

My husband and I donated what we could to Doctors Without Borders. I only wish we were in a position to give more. George Bush is doing a lot simply by donating time. Do you know how much money he can earn by giving a speech somewhere? Instead, he's DONATING his time to a cause that can only benefit from his presence. That has nothing to do with his political party, or his ability to govern, and everything to do with his human compassion.

Thank you HazelGod and starinvestor (among a few others) for bringing some sense and human decency to this otherwise myopic and disdainful thread!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
About other nations helping Haiti, yes, there are dozens of other nations helping with what they can. The media, as you should know, only shows what the U.S is doing. The media, oh the media!

Not true...
MSNBC has been showing some of the rescue efforts from an affiliate in the UK. Two of them were so graphic and emotional, only a person with no soul wouldn't be moved by it. That is unless your last name is Robertson & Limbaugh, of course.

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
Why do you say "Not true...?" And you heard that from who??? MSNBC? Isn't that U.S media? I know for fact, there are rescue people from Colombia, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Argentina among others! I do not read or listen ONLY to US news.

Not true...
MSNBC has been showing some of the rescue efforts from an affiliate in the UK. Two of them were so graphic and emotional, only a person with no soul wouldn't be moved by it. That is unless your last name is Robertson & Limbaugh, of course.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love when people bring up God in these situations... Pat Robertson blames everything that he disagrees with on God being mad at someone or something... If there's a God, then he's mad at Pat Robertson for being such an A-Hole. BTW... God doesn't give a shit if you win your high school football game either. I wonder how long it will be before pat R. blames homosexuality for the earthquake... He blames everything else on it.

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
I agree with you man! And yes there is God and for sure he is mad at Pat Robertson for speaking in His behalf! Tell you something, he is actually speaking for the other one!

I love when people bring up God in these situations... Pat Robertson blames everything that he disagrees with on God being mad at someone or something... If there's a God, then he's mad at Pat Robertson for being such an A-Hole. BTW... God doesn't give a shit if you win your high school football game either. I wonder how long it will be before pat R. blames homosexuality for the earthquake... He blames everything else on it.

Good posts Farallon n Scott!

People constantly hijack God to endorse their own views - and if He exists, I doubt he agrees with that many of them. :/

I also agree with the comment that people blame homosexuality for everything - rather than pointing the finger at themselves. There's all sorts of behaviours criticised in the Bible - many committed by these very people, I'd imagine...

Last edited by a moderator:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why do you say "Not true...?" And you heard that from who??? MSNBC?

I actually watched it on MSNBC.

Isn't that U.S media? I know for fact, there are rescue people from Colombia, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Argentina among others! I do not read or listen ONLY to US news.

You stated - The media, as you should know, only shows what the U.S is doing. The media, oh the media!

Were you referencing all global sources of media when you stated this, or just US sources? MSNBC is American media, and they have shown stories filmed by other international news sources in Haiti during the relief effort. In fact, for several days after the earthquake, the only thing that was covered on that network after 8PM was Haiti. I'm not suggesting that you don't look to international sources... just pointing out that there's at least one network showing other things besides the American response to the situation, even if it's just in sporadic, 5-10 minute blocks.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If he can make that much money giving a speech somewhere, GREAT! Let him go give speeches to those who are willing to endure it and give THE MONEY for Haiti's cause! That would be noble!

Not polical???? Wooow, what a delusion! What Haiti need is money and helping hands pulling people out of the rubble. Not faces on cam!

I'm sorry, maybe I am delusional. I fail to see where I said this was or was not political. I said that ignorance and indifference to human suffering know no political bounds (as evidenced by people who have said they won't donate to a cause that has GWBs face on it, or to a cause that has Obama's face on it, blah blah blah). I said that GWB's compassion is independent of his political affiliation. I did not, however, conjecture whether his motivation was political or not. I'm not a mind reader. Unfortunately, it appears you think you are, as you read much into my post that I did not say.

Also, I'd like for you to prove that GWB has NOT given money to the cause. And prove to me how his presence is hurting the cause. Tell me how getting support for the cause from people of all political ideologies is harmful.

Otherwise, kindly donate whatever time or money you have, and STFU.

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
VinylBoy and JoyBoyToy79. Oh, my mistake!

I didn't say he (Bush) didn't give money, I don't know if he did or not, but you said that he makes a lot of money with speeches and his presence there was "a gift". Better the money that just an appereance in situations like this!
Also, I'm sure you watched on MSNBC, but I had the impression that you said that ONLY the U.S was helping and that China only gave $ 1 Million. That's why I said that there are other countries giving their contribution as well.

My opinion.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: