God just now spoke to me!

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gosh, Lady FLAG. I find Gingrich significantly more unsavory than Romney. Romney's history and demeanor indicate to me that he's at least potentially reasonable on some issues. Gingrich = just scorched earth and personal aggrandizement all down the line. Just my opinion, of course.
While good points, SvT. Romney lacks conviction, and I can't tolerate a person who stands for nothing and/or whose main tactic is the about-face. Gingrich is unstable and aggressive, but if I had a gun to my head, I would take an asshole like Gingrich interacting with the political process over a 4-8 year chain of Romney's certain uncertainties.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Paul is not putting a lot of money into the primary states. He is going for big pushes in the caucus states. He is doing nothing in Florida except showing up for the debates.
To make any kind of dent he still needs to pull up his numbers - right now he's polling like a D student. If he even reaches 12% in Florida, which is a state that should be very receptive to his ideology, I'd be surprised.

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have seen a few sources say Gingrich and Santorum cannot get 564 delegates. I have seen NOTHING disputing this.

1. Some polls are starting to show Ron Paul has the best chance against Obama.

2. One important story no one is covering: Ron Paul getting votes in the DEMOCRATIC primaries. Paul had more than 200 votes in New Hampshire.

3. It is not about numbers, it is delagates. Paul is polling very well in caucus states and Gingrich and Santorum have no national campaigns. WHEN Gingrich and Santorum drop out, it is Paul vs. Romney and no one can deny Paul time at debates.

I still think Paul needs to have a talk till the reporters drop dead presser about his foreign policy. Even a lot of people that do not care for Paul only dismiss him on his foreign policy. He simply wants to leave people alone. He still wants the strongest national defense and he actully sounds as if he advocates more bases here.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gosh, Lady FLAG. I find Gingrich significantly more unsavory than Romney. Romney's history and demeanor indicate to me that he's at least potentially reasonable on some issues. Gingrich = just scorched earth and personal aggrandizement all down the line. Just my opinion, of course.

Not just yours :smile:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have seen a few sources say Gingrich and Santorum cannot get 564 delegates. I have seen NOTHING disputing this.

1. Some polls are starting to show Ron Paul has the best chance against Obama.
Links?

2. One important story no one is covering: Ron Paul getting votes in the DEMOCRATIC primaries. Paul had more than 200 votes in New Hampshire.
Did he build-on or match those numbers in SC? We are still early days, but there's a budding trend to Paul's 2012 campaign, and it isn't a good one.

3. It is not about numbers, it is delagates. Paul is polling very well in caucus states and Gingrich and Santorum have no national campaigns. WHEN Gingrich and Santorum drop out, it is Paul vs. Romney and no one can deny Paul time at debates.

I still think Paul needs to have a talk till the reporters drop dead presser about his foreign policy. Even a lot of people that do not care for Paul only dismiss him on his foreign policy. He simply wants to leave people alone. He still wants the strongest national defense and he actully sounds as if he advocates more bases here.
There are many reasons people take issue with Paul, and this is without being thoroughly scrutinized by an opponent, the public, or media, as Paul's coverage has been relatively positive (so far): Tone of News Coverage | Project for Excellence in Journalism

I, personally, have always enjoyed his outspokenness regarding pulling back America's global military footprint. However, his lack of support for the federal government, rights legislation, social safety nets, and ties to the John Birch Society mean I will will never vote for him.