Goddamn Atheists Are Pissing Me OFF!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

:soapbox: That's right I said it. I am sick and tired of you people ruining one of only two days a year I can actually stand to be around my entire family. :mad:

December 25th is the day me and mine choose to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. If we choose to do it by dragging a conifer into the house and decorating it with everything from lights and garland to gilded cherubim and cranberrys that is my right.

I am sick to death of Holiday Breaks, Holiday Cards and Happy Holidays Greetings. I like seeing lit menorahs and Christmas trees downtown and in front of city hall. If you don't like it ignore it.

I've noticed many of you don't let your true feelings known until you are given a gift at Christmastime. Then you smugly say, "I don't believe in God and I don't give gifts." Or best yet, "it's all a myth" or "Christmas trees belong to the pagans." I have noticed you never give the gift back. :tongue::rolleyes::confused:

So you are offended by organized religion, thats fine. I find many of them offensive myself. Some religions have little if anything to do with being christian or even with being good people. I would like to believe that they once did but lost their way . . . much like you. :cool::biggrin1:

My faith and my religion are my business. I would LOVE to see Christmas be less commercial! I HATE that every movie and cartoon has to have a toy/product tie-in so that many parents feel obligated to go in debt to fulfill their child's Christmas Wish List. :mad: That is not the true meaning of Christmas.

This year for the first time in about 18 years I did not send out a politically correct, all purpose, holiday card. My card is simple, it says "Merry Christmas" on the front. Inside: "May your Christmas be filled with happiness and your new year filled with joy." If you choose to take offense to such a benign and mild message well then Bah Humbug on you! :tongue:

FWIW:
  • I am aware that pagans consider the Christmas tree one of 'their things.'
  • I am aware that shepherds tend their flocks in spring not winter.
  • I am aware that there are inconsistencies in the bible. I prefer the KJV no surprise there.
Besides if Christmas is okay with Wookies why does it bother you so much? Star Wars Holiday Special
:soapbox:
~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*
The War on the War on Christmas

It is coming — just as it does every year. There is no stopping it. As surely as trees are decorated and stockings are hung by the chimney with care, we brace ourselves for it. It is just part of the routine. You could say it has become tradition.

It is Christmas — a season of acrimonious public debate.

Media warriors divide the ranks of those on two sides: those who gleefully view public Christmas observance as a right versus those who glumly view Christmas as a state-imposed endorsement of religious worship.

The buzz they create touches nearly every part of an otherwise festive season filled with light, color and music. There are heated arguments over the need for public funding for Christmas lights. Many nearly come to blows debating the mere use of the word “Christmas” in schools and at public events. Long-winded television commentators warn incessantly of “Christmas under attack” while politicians drone on about the separation of church and state. Retailers and their customers haggle over the use of the phrase “Merry Christmas”. Scholars debate over the pagan origins of modern Christmas celebrations while Christian “fundamentalists” denounce efforts to remove the mention of Christ from any holiday event. Every Christmas season seems to elevate the debate to a new level of absurdity.

Ironically, eleven months of the year Christmas is left alone. The passionate debate largely subsides right after Christmas until the season rolls around again. It is a war of the strangest sort. The central message of Christmas is peace. Yet just in time for the season of peace all other burning issues are set aside for this one: the dreaded conflict called Christmas. For the month of December they go to battle. There are never any winners or losers — and the war never ends.

We believe both sides of the debate are wrong. We believe the media is woefully irresponsible in fanning the flames of controversy. We believe in the 95% Sentiment: most of us like to keep Christmas and we don’t think there are many people offended by it.

We assert there is a war on Christmas. It is an old and unsettled debate. But it has nothing to do with television pundits, school grounds, city parks or Supreme Courts. The war on Christmas is fought in the home and in the heart.

This web site exists to separate the media hype from the truth about Christmas. We work to shift the debate away from who and where it is observed to how and why we observe it.

Our simple mission is to referee the passionate-though-misguided combatants in the War on Christmas. If we have to discuss these things — and evidently we do — then we will be a voice of reason for both sides of the debate and serve to provide simple reminders of “peace on Earth, goodwill to all men”.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The war on Christmas is absolutly insane and does not exist in my book.

ITS THE GOD DAMN HOLIDAY SEASON ITS NOT THE DAMN CHRISTMAS SEASON.

While there are some things that should be referenced too Christmas some companies choose not to be because their afraid to upset some people.

The word Christmas is fucking annoying and so is the word holiday.

Its people like you that bitch on either side that annoy the shit out of me.

Its one fucking day in one fucking season who fucking cares!

EDIT- Not to fucking mention its not just the fucking atheists who taking part of the fake "war on Christmas"

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can't an atheist still celebrate Christmas? Are all atheists against Christmas?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Merry Christmas: Who Will Say It and Who Won't

While news reports indicate many retailers are either giving "Merry Christmas" another go or admitting a mistake in banning it in the first place, My Merry Christmas has STILL received thousands of emails in the past week demanding a list of those who will and who will not say "Merry Christmas" in their advertising or while shopping in their stores:
So, by popular request, this is what our research has uncovered this year:

Stores Who Will Say "Merry Christmas" This Year:

Target
Kohl's
Macy's
TJX stores (TJ Maxx, Marshall's, HomeGoods, A.J. Wright, Bob's stores)
Walgreen's
Wal-Mart
J.C. Penney's
Dillard's
Joann Fabrics
Linens 'N Things
K-Mart
Chick-fil-A
Hobby Lobby
Michael's
Farmer Jack (grocery)
Stater Brothers (grocery)
Kroger's
Denny's
In-N-Out Burger
Christian Brothers Automotive
Bath & Body Works

Stores Avoiding Christmas:

Best Buy - steadfastly refuses to mention Christmas
Home Depot - still hiding behind the "holiday" trees
Lowe's - clerks will only say "Merry Christmas" when it is customer initiated
L.L. Bean - one Christmas catalog issued, all others holiday-centered
Plow & Hearth - you might find Christmas in the fine print
Crate & Barrel
Eddie Bauer - doesn't want to offend anyone
Toys 'R' Us
Banana Republic
Bed, Bath & Beyond
Dick's Sporting Goods
The Gap
Safeway

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They should be called anti-religionists. Some want to take away peoples practices and rights to display holiday stuff. We don't push it on them they should leave it alone.
I love trees and lights cuz it's pagan and even the Christians love it. The Christian Churches have wonderful concerts at this time. The Jews have lots of food and a gambling game for chocolate! Hell yes,chocolate rules!!!
The whole world celebrates at Yule Time even in Africa they have Kawansa. This is just a very special time of year and everyone seems to be on the same page. Yule 2007

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stores Who Will Say "Merry Christmas" This Year:
Christian Brothers Automotive
For some reason that doesn't surprise me that Christian Brothers Automotive will still say "Merry Christmas" this year.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They should be called anti-religionists. Oh great, just what we need, one more stupid label. . . .:rolleyes: Some want to take away peoples practices and rights to display holiday stuff. We don't push it on them they should leave it alone. I love trees and lights cuz it's pagan and even the Christians love it. The Christian Churches have wonderful concerts at this time. The Jews have lots of food and a gambling game for chocolate! Hell yes, chocolate rules!!! :lmao:
The whole world celebrates at Yule Time even in Africa they have Kawansa. This is just a very special time of year and everyone seems to be on the same page. Yule 2007

See this is why you annoy me sugarandspice. You're kinda stupid. :redface: Kwanzaa (spell it right) was invented in the 1960's by Black Americans struggling to create some sense of a unified tradition. We are the only people here who didn't come here by choice. That's a bone of contention for another thread.

Personally, as a Black American and a christian (though admittedly not a good one) I don't do Kwanzaa, to me it's a made up holiday. :rolleyes: The basic tenets of it are fine. However, since I grew up in a household where those things were taught year round, I see no reason to have a holiday which basically celebrates common sense and humanity. In addition, the added stress of throwing a party, sending out invites, and buying more gifts is something I am patently against.:smile:

DEFINITION OF KWANZAA Kwanzaa is a unique African American celebration with focus on the traditional African values of family, community responsibility, commerce, and self-improvement. Kwanzaa is neither political nor religious and despite some misconceptions, is not a substitute for Christmas. It is simply a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, which means "first fruits of the harvest" in the African language Kiswahili, has gained tremendous acceptance. Since its founding in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, Kwanzaa has come to be observed by more than18 million people worldwide, as reported by the New York Times. When establishing Kwanzaa in 1966, Dr. Karenga included an additional "a" to the end of the spelling to reflect the difference between the African American celebration (kwanzaa) and the Motherland spelling (kwanza).

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Kwanzaa is based on the Nguzo Saba (seven guiding principles), one for each day of the observance, and is celebrated from December 26th to January 1st.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Umoja (oo-MO-jah) Unity stresses the importance of togetherness for the family and the community, which is reflected in the African saying, "I am We," or "I am because We are."[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Kujichagulia (koo-gee-cha-goo-LEE-yah) Self-Determination requires that we define our common interests and make decisions that are in the best interest of our family and community.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ujima (oo-GEE-mah) Collective Work and Responsibility reminds us of our obligation to the past, present and future, and that we have a role to play in the community, society, and world.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ujamaa (oo-JAH-mah) Cooperative economics emphasizes our collective economic strength and encourages us to meet common needs through mutual support.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Nia (NEE-yah) Purpose encourages us to look within ourselves and to set personal goals that are beneficial to the community.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Kuumba (koo-OOM-bah) Creativity makes use of our creative energies to build and maintain a strong and vibrant community.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Imani (ee-MAH-nee) Faith focuses on honoring the best of our traditions, draws upon the best in ourselves, and helps us strive for a higher level of life for humankind, by affirming our self-worth and confidence in our ability to succeed and triumph in righteous struggle.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]CELEBRATING KWANZAA - As it is always better to get an early start, I suggest that you begin the first week in December by making a check list for the following items: A Kinara (candle holder); Mkeka (placemat preferably made of straw); Mazao (crops, i.e., fruits and vegetables); Vibunzi/Muhindi (ears of corn to reflect the number of children in the household); Kikombe cha umoja (communal unity cup); Mishumaa saba (seven candles, one black, three red, and three green); and Zawadi (gifts that are enriching).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]It is important that the Kinara not be confused with the menorah.* The Kinara holds seven candles to reflect the seven principles which are the foundation of Kwanzaa. If you don't have a Kinara and don't know where to get one, it is suggested that you use "kuumba" (creativity) and make one. A 2x4 or a piece of driftwood will do just fine, and screw-in candle holders can be purchased in most hardware stores. The Mkeka (place mat) shouldn't present a problem. While straw is suggested because it is traditional, cloth makes an adequate substitute. If cloth is used, one with an African print is preferred. The other symbols are easy to come by and warrant no further discussion other than to caution against placing the Mazao (crops)in a cornucopia which is Western. A plain straw basket or a bowl will do just fine. One last note, even households without any children should place an ear of corn on the place mat to symbolize the African concept of social parenthood. All seven symbols are creatively placed on top of the place mat, i.e., the symbols should be attractively arranged as they form the Kwanzaa centerpiece.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Kwanzaa, is such an occasion, as it provides[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]us an opportunity to reflect on our African past and American present. Water is suggested as it [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]holds the essence of life and should be placed [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]in a communal cup and poured in the direction[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]of the four winds; north, south, east, and west.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]It should then be passed among family members[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]and guests who may either sip from [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]the cup or make a sipping gesture. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]LIBATION STATEMENT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For The Motherland cradle of civilization.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For the ancestors and their indomitable spirit[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For the elders from whom we can learn much.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For our youth who represent the promise for tomorrow.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For our people the original people.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For our struggle and in remembrance of those who have struggled on our behalf.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For Umoja the principle of unity which should guide us in all that we do.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For the creator who provides all things great and small.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]. Kikombe Cha Umoja (Unity Cup)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Kutoa Majina (Calling Names of Family Ancestors and Black Heroes)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ngoma (Drums)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Karamu (Feast)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Tamshi la Tutaonana (The Farewell Statement)[/SIZE][/FONT]

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, I have no problem with anyone wishing me either "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". It's all good. :smile: Hey, at least they're both well-wishes. We need more of that, whether it is tied to a religion or not.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I've noticed many of you don't let your true feelings known until you are given a gift at Christmastime. Then you smugly say, "I don't believe in God and I don't give gifts." Or best yet, "it's all a myth" or "Christmas trees belong to the pagans." I have noticed you never give the gift back. :tongue::rolleyes::confused:

No, no, no; they aren't Atheists - they're fuckwits. :wink:

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For some reason that doesn't surprise me that Christian Brothers Automotive will still say "Merry Christmas" this year.

Really? :wink:

Merry Christmas: Who Will Say It and Who Won't

While news reports indicate many retailers are either giving "Merry Christmas" another go or admitting a mistake in banning it in the first place, My Merry Christmas has STILL received thousands of emails in the past week demanding a list of those who will and who will not say "Merry Christmas" in their advertising or while shopping in their stores:
So, by popular request, this is what our research has uncovered this year:

*CUT OUT STORE NAMES*

Okay so some stores are going to say Merry Christmas and some aren't, what about some of the employees who work for those companies? What if they wish to refrain from saying Merry Christmas over and over when it may be something they don't celebrate. But nooo (and I know from experience) when you say have a nice day or happy holidays people throw a giant bitch fit, why? Because supposedly I'm stopping them from celebrating Christmas. You know what? If your Christmas joy is based on random strangers repeating Merry Christmas to you then you have other problems to deal with.

Maybe these stores that don't know your celebrating Christmas? Ever think of that (No thats CRAZY) so they say Holidays to encompass ALL the shoppers.

:soapbox: That's right I said it. I am sick and tired of you people ruining one of only two days a year I can actually stand to be around my entire family. :mad:
We are able to ruin your holiday? Sounds like it sucked already...
I am sick to death of Holiday Breaks, Holiday Cards and Happy Holidays Greetings. I like seeing lit menorahs and Christmas trees downtown and in front of city hall. If you don't like it ignore it.
Your advice is stupid and hypocritical, if you don't like people saying holiday ignore it.
My faith and my religion are my business. I would LOVE to see Christmas be less commercial! I HATE that every movie and cartoon has to have a toy/product tie-in so that many parents feel obligated to go in debt to fulfill their child's Christmas Wish List. :mad: That is not the true meaning of Christmas.
So the companies start ignoring Christmas and you go through a GIANT BITCH FIT. Makes sense.
It is coming — just as it does every year. There is no stopping it. As surely as trees are decorated and stockings are hung by the chimney with care, we brace ourselves for it. It is just part of the routine. You could say it has become tradition.

It is Christmas — a season of acrimonious public debate.

Media warriors divide the ranks of those on two sides: those who gleefully view public Christmas observance as a right versus those who glumly view Christmas as a state-imposed endorsement of religious worship.

The buzz they create touches nearly every part of an otherwise festive season filled with light, color and music. There are heated arguments over the need for public funding for Christmas lights. Many nearly come to blows debating the mere use of the word “Christmas” in schools and at public events. Long-winded television commentators warn incessantly of “Christmas under attack” while politicians drone on about the separation of church and state. Retailers and their customers haggle over the use of the phrase “Merry Christmas”. Scholars debate over the pagan origins of modern Christmas celebrations while Christian “fundamentalists” denounce efforts to remove the mention of Christ from any holiday event. Every Christmas season seems to elevate the debate to a new level of absurdity.

Ironically, eleven months of the year Christmas is left alone. The passionate debate largely subsides right after Christmas until the season rolls around again. It is a war of the strangest sort. The central message of Christmas is peace. Yet just in time for the season of peace all other burning issues are set aside for this one: the dreaded conflict called Christmas. For the month of December they go to battle. There are never any winners or losers — and the war never ends.

We believe both sides of the debate are wrong. We believe the media is woefully irresponsible in fanning the flames of controversy. We believe in the 95% Sentiment: most of us like to keep Christmas and we don’t think there are many people offended by it.

We assert there is a war on Christmas. It is an old and unsettled debate. But it has nothing to do with television pundits, school grounds, city parks or Supreme Courts. The war on Christmas is fought in the home and in the heart.

This web site exists to separate the media hype from the truth about Christmas. We work to shift the debate away from who and where it is observed to how and why we observe it.

Our simple mission is to referee the passionate-though-misguided combatants in the War on Christmas. If we have to discuss these things — and evidently we do — then we will be a voice of reason for both sides of the debate and serve to provide simple reminders of “peace on Earth, goodwill to all men”.
So we have to say Christmas even if we prefer not to because other wise we are taking a side on some non existent war. Right.
NJQT466 said:
See this is why you annoy me sugarandspice. You're kinda stupid. :redface: Kwanzaa (spell it right) was invented in the 1960's by Black Americans struggling to create some sense of a unified tradition. We are the only people here who didn't come here by choice. That's a bone of contention for another thread.

Personally, as a Black American and a christian (though admittedly not a good one) I don't do Kwanzaa, to me it's a made up holiday. :rolleyes: The basic tenets of it are fine. However, since I grew up in a household where those things were taught year round, I see no reason to have a holiday which basically celebrates common sense and humanity. In addition, the added stress of throwing a party, sending out invites, and buying more gifts is something I am patently against.
Oh, so we should respect your holiday/tradition thing but when people try to encompass more then one with name "holiday" its stupid because the other holidays are made up and there is only one real one.

Go you.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the entire HOLIDAY season is shit. It's not longer about the glorious birth of Jesus Christ.. it's about America's economy and most of all , all the greedy little fuckers people are shitting out now a days (commonly refered to as kids). With that said, I went out to the stores and bought both my mother and father gifts.

Material expression of love is probably one of the only ways I know how to say , 'I love you mom and dad.. Thank you for everything.'

I'm agnostic myself but i still help my mom decorate the tree. I think the Christmas holiday, like any other, has become a deluded habitual day. If there wasn't kids, the holiday would assuredly dissipate into the recesses of the earth. Even the most devote of religious followers muster up the nerve to ask, 'Where's MY gift?"

Not too sure asshole, maybe santa forgot it in his sleigh.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJ, Using the word goddamn isnt exactly christian like either,maybe the atheist have something afterall, maybe you can explain your reason for using the word goddamn so the atheist can understand it also NJ? Is this a double standard?

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Up untill the 1800's Christmas was a wild affair!

It was a huge drunken orgy.
The church had to take over the holiday to make it less sac-religious.

Bombarding the aristocracies and demanding the best of their ale and wine.
check it out man.

We should all go back to the way it was!

And Jesus' birthday is 'proven' not to be on the 25th

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The British recently went through some deep soul-searching, and finally decided that the only way the massive influx of foreigners going into that country could be integrated would be by having them develop the British character, and accept as their history and culture, the history and culture of the British people. Logically, this is the only way they could be British, and be granted the rights, privileges, and OBLIGATIONS of British citizenship.

I agree with that strategy; Accordingly, I see no reason why we should have to tolerate the outlooks, sensitivities, or demands from those groups who have had nothing to do with the development and expression of the highest and finest values that define American culture (ie., jews, muslims, asians, etc.)

Their presence here, and our pandering to their sensitivities, only serves to dilute and degrade our highest values, as exemplified by the Christmas issue.