Goddamn Atheists Are Pissing Me OFF!

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The whole thing is ridiculous.
So many religions, and yet it's not like one can look at a person and decide which one they follow. If someone tells you "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays" or whatever greeting they choose, it's all meant to be a simple gesture of kindness during the last few weeks of the year. And if you're so blinded by your own religious beliefs to accept such a greeting regardless of how it's worded, then maybe you should just lock yourself up in your home and not even show your face until this supposed horrible time of the year is over.

Just like some homophobes when they hear that their next door neighbor is gay, not everyone is trying to convert you or force their beliefs and faith upon you. Take a chill pill and for once TRY to be happy. In the meantime, here's my holiday greeting to all for this year:

http://www.midnight-society.com/graphics/christmas06.jpg

It seems you'e found the Key to Humanity. The basic Equation runs like this:

"The Easier our Lives the more we seek out Conflicts; the more difficult / occupied our persons the more we seek out Resolutions."

It just happens to be true; with the Christmas list being short this year ( Electronics or bust ), food being pre-made, Parties being easier to organize due to technology, cards not having to be handwritten because they sing by themselves, and overall having "nothing to do" as far as your own family goes why not focus on the "Meaning & Misconceptions" of the Season?

It went from information that didn't matter for years and was out there to everyone suddenly becoming a Theologian, not even having read the entire Bible ( you know, because it's a fairy-tale, or so many athiests who argue against it use for their excuse ) or studied any kind of Theological History instantly thinking "Well, I found a Loophole!" and finding that to be worthy enough of debunking some religion, and in this case Christianity, because apparently debunking someone else's idea just seems smart when you have nothing to do.

It's seeking conflict.

That of course doesn't happen to the Atheists who are poor or the Christians who have no money; they aren't worried about the validity of their holiday, but about how many people their feeding, nor are they concerned with Yulelogs and Mistletoe and their orgins but how they are going to afford the Turkey / Ham / Food of Choice. The people who have problems for the most part aren't the ones doing... this. Free-Time is the sole Enemy of Progress & Peace.

Of course this is the best summary:

"Idle hands are the Devil's Tools."​

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That supernatural commercial thing seems to be problem only in USA - or is it really? Haven't notice here in Europe that we should buy-buy-buy-buy and use lots of decoration and so on...

You mean like Aliens parking their UFOs at the mall and taking up 2 spaces?

Or is it the ghosts who wait on line and have thier credit card declined?
:confused:

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the entire HOLIDAY season is shit. It's not longer about the glorious birth of Jesus Christ.. it's about America's economy and most of all , all the greedy little fuckers people are shitting out now a days (commonly refered to as kids). With that said, I went out to the stores and bought both my mother and father gifts.

Material expression of love is probably one of the only ways I know how to say , 'I love you mom and dad.. Thank you for everything.'

I'm agnostic myself but i still help my mom decorate the tree. I think the Christmas holiday, like any other, has become a deluded habitual day. If there wasn't kids, the holiday would assuredly dissipate into the recesses of the earth. Even the most devote of religious followers muster up the nerve to ask, 'Where's MY gift?"

Not too sure asshole, maybe santa forgot it in his sleigh.

I used to be an agnostic, too. But within the last year I started my own religion to worship your pert little bottom. Happy Holidays are here again. :wink:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is it really that offensive not to hear Merry Chritmas?
Apparently so, for some people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be that "blacklist" of stores that don't have their employees say it as a matter of policy. I remember thinking how ridiculous it was when certain groups were outraged and calling for a boycott of WalMart, a couple of years back, when they decided that as corporate policy, they were going to do "holiday" marketing, rather than "christmas" marketing.

I still can't figure out, though, why anyone would think it offensive if I give them a non-christmas-specific greeting, then they wonder how simcha could be even slightly offended when he is wished a merry christmas.

I have actually been told that I have all kinds of chutzpah for choosing not to celebrate christmas. I have never ever once told anyone not to celebrate a holiday of their choice, and I get reprimanded for choosing not to participate.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it puzzles me that no outward display from me is offensive to them.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I know I already outed myself in the Wise Ass thread, but can I point out that holiday just means holy day.

Ironic eh?

Happy celebration of Christ on this holy day :biggrin1:

Oh - and please refer to me as a godless nontheist. x

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a complete digression, but I couldn't restrain myself -- you Avatar is hot! excuse me while I drool ...
I hadn't heard that and it is really strange. Employees should be able to say whatever they want to their customers. This might explain why I was at a store the other day and the cashier wished me a "Merry Christmas". I was kind of shocked and was thinking if her boss heard her she would be reprimanded.

I've always said "Merry Christmas" even when someone says "Happy Holidays". I find "Happy Holidays" quite annoying. It is Christmas. I've always sent out Christmas cards not holiday cards, and a few Hanukka cards. I don't buy into all the pc crap that the left wing keeps throwing at us. It is what it is, and nobody gets hurt when you call a party a Christmas party instead of the now required "Holiday party". :rolleyes:

I found that offensive.

I'm Republican and use Firefox! :biggrin1:

And I never refer to Christmas as Xmas!

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
.. it's about America's economy and most of all , all the greedy little fuckers people are shitting out now a days (commonly refered to as kids).

Notthe7, I am not trying to pick on you, but if you really feel that way about children, I sincerely hope you don't plan on having any.

In defense of kids...it's the parents that screw up..the parents are the greedy little fuckers who can't bother to put their children first or teach them manners and respect...kids learn what they live.

Trust me 36DD, I'm not going to let my eggs contribute to the over population.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to be an agnostic, too. But within the last year I started my own religion to worship your pert little bottom. Happy Holidays are here again. :wink:

Lmfao. Thanks. With all the bullshit religions floating around, why not!

Back to the subject:
I think this is what it really comes down to:
If someone says 'Merry Christmas' do you flip shit or do you nod in respect and smile.. perhaps even say it back ... or do you assault them with political bullshit.

I always nod, smile and say the same thing back.. as most RESPECTFUL human beings would do.

For the most part, though I hate the holiday season, it's about knowing the other person is simply wishing you luck and happiness.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've rarely found Christians to be very "Christ-like" -- although I have met a few, although in my opinion they number in the 0.1% range. But the Christian zealots, well, none of them seem to have a problem with the figure-head of their belief system being held hostage as the patron saint of fourth-quarter earnings every year. There's no reasoning with them. And what does Christmas have to do with having a large penis? Odd place for someone obviously off his or her meds to rant and rave about feeling persecuted by those who don't share his or her same belief system.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Back to the subject:
I think this is what it really comes down to:
If someone says 'Merry Christmas' do you flip shit or do you nod in respect and smile.. perhaps even say it back ... or do you assault them with political bullshit.
:rolleyes: I guess that all depends upon whether or not you are riding on a New York City subway, right?

(check mem's "Happy...OUCH!" thread...)

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shani and i are going to midnight mass, we got together Dec. 23, 06 and went to midnight mass, we new then that we`d make it a tradition.

Another tradition we have is going out for chinese food on x-mass eve, we tip very well so they treat us like V.I.P..

lafever:cool:

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think the entire HOLIDAY season is shit. It's not longer about the glorious birth of Jesus Christ.. it's about America's economy and most of all , all the greedy little fuckers people are shitting out now a days (commonly refered to as kids). With that said, I went out to the stores and bought both my mother and father gifts.
You're totally correct. I don't think it matters if someone says Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas. Does it matter?

Christmas is the Holiday and Christmas is a Holiday. I always thought the two interchangeable. If someone says Merry Christmas, I'll say Happy Holidays to them and likewise if someone says Happy Holidays, I'll tell them Merry Christmas.

Do the literal semantics matter so much that you can't just take it for what it's worth?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Shani and i are going to midnight mass, we got together Dec. 23, 06 and went to midnight mass, we new then that we`d make it a tradition.

Y'all must be some of those "progressive" Catholics...we always held midnight Mass on the night of the 24th. :wink:

@ the OP: It's "goddamned." If you're going to blaspheme, as least do so in a grammatically correct fashion. :biggrin1:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Y'all must be some of those "progressive" Catholics...we always held midnight Mass on the night of the 24th. :wink:

@ the OP: It's "goddamned." If you're going to blaspheme, as least do so in a grammatically correct fashion. :biggrin1:

We went on the 24th, sorry about the confusion, we got together on the 23rd.

lafever:cool: