godhatesfags.com

Goon: I took some great pics of these guys at L.A. Gay Pride one year. It was right when "Dykes on Bikes" was riding by. Priceless. I check their website now and then to laugh at them. The photos are hilarious. I think most people realize they are using hate to spread their pious obsession. When you listen to them and it comes down to it, they hate pretty much everyone. They are a small group and are very good at grabbing press. Personally I think they put points into our column. Sick bastards. I think most people see what they are.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I wish it were, Rock, but it's a real hate group out there. The Reverend who runs that show has come to Lexington on a couple of occasions to preach his poison, but since this is a fairly progressive town, he wasn't received very well. It's sad though to think that principled, religious people like Phelps can turn so hateful and wicked, twisting the words of the Bible. (So much for "literal translations.")

Then again, my cynicism gets in the way. Wasn't too long ago I heard that... maybe it was Pat Roberson... he said that if a gay man approached him, he would instantly rebuke him. If worse came to worse, he would admit to killing him and letting God handle it. WTF is that about?

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well wasn’t that just a lovely link. The thing to remember here is that just because someone quotes scripture and claims they are religious, that does not necessarily make it so. After all, not every claim of a 10 inch penis on these boards is true. These people are not Christians. Rather they are disciples of evil. Their objective, whether intentional or not, is to inspire hatred, which is the exclusive domain of evil. My suggestion is to not fall for their trap. They want you to hate them. Rather, you should pity them. With such hatred and malevolence in their hearts there is no room left for happiness or love.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Hockeytiger@Mar 23 2005, 05:28 PM
My suggestion is to not fall for their trap. They want you to hate them. Rather, you should pity them.
[post=293389]Quoted post[/post]​
hmmm ... nah, nice idea, but on reflection I think I'd still derive more satisfaction from kicking the crap out of them.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My daughter pointed this site out to me a while back and it made me sick to my stomach for days. I can't look at it now, it nauseates me to imagine how a member of any religous group could be so horrible. They say there's enough religion in the world to make men hate each other, but not enough to make then love. This has got to be one of the saddest examples of this unfortunate truth.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by alwaysthere@Mar 23 2005, 11:22 AM
I mean, they go to funerals of gay people and picket them!

Oh, it's worse than that. I vividly remember when the so-called 'Reverend' Fred Phelps and his hateful, ignorant congregation picketed the funeral of a six year-old hemophiliac boy who contracted AIDS through a blood transfusion. One of Phelps's daughters actually said to the grief-stricken parents that they should praise God for killing off their faggot son before he could become old enough to try contaminating God-fearing Christians with his vile acts of faggotry. And these hypocrites claim the be disciples of the Lord of Love? What's worse, they believe what they preach. Fred Phelps was on a talk show and actually used as defense for his teaching that in the Bible are the words, "throw the fagots upon the fire."

He trashed Fred Rogers (yes ... of Mister Rogers Neighborhood) for not condemning faggots. According to Phelps, when Mister Rogers died, he joined Matthew Sheppard in Hell. Strange ... I was taught that only God could condemn people to Hell. Is Fred Phelps claiming to be equal with God in that respect? And isn't that blasphemy?

Even ultra-conservative Oral Roberts said that Fred Phelps is a first-class nut case. I think he was being too kind.

I think we should all be thankful that Fred Phelps was bisbarred as an attorney and can no longer practice law. Unfortunately, all of his children are practicing lawyers, and most of them still follow their father's odious teaching. I think three of them have left his congregation. He claims that they're dead. I think I heard that one of Fred Phelps's grandsons is gay. What a kick in the head that must've been to him!

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by alwaysthere@Mar 23 2005, 11:22 AM
I mean, they go to funerals of gay people and picket them!

I'm proud, however, of the way my community responded in 2000 when Phelps announced plans to picket the funeral of a shooting victim in nearby Roanoke, Virginia.

Several local radio DJ's sponsored a "Phelps-a-thon" in which people pledged to contribute money to pro-gay organizations if Phelps made an appearance at the funeral. About $4200 was pledged (not bad for a small town in the bible-belt), and small-minded Phelps decided to stay home instead of let all that money go to support fags. (Many of the people who pledged donated anyway!)

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
I remember one day when my roommate (a lesbian) was very depressed she showed me that site. Sickening and yes, sad, at the same time.

Now we are dealing with homophobia right here in the building where we live.

Why can't we all just get along?

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Religious extremists of any fashion have always been a source of annoyance to me, but these people have gone further than I would have ever thought possible.

One thing I would suggest as a good way to blow these guys off would be to watch the movie Saved. I watched it a couple months back and have seen it one other time since then. It's one of the best movies I have seen for some time, and it makes some very valid points while being comedic at the same time.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw the WBC march some years ago at Southern Decadence. However, a counter-protester challenged them by marching in front of their procession. This rather skinny guy was stark naked, holding a large, heavy bible in front of him, and sporting a very large (10+ inches, although thin) and very, very, erect penis. The WBC people just pretened he wasn't there. It made quite an amusing sight!

Although I though I was raised in the Baptist church, I never could understand the fundamental, or "primative," Baptists, like WBC. They believe very strongly in a doctrine of absolute predestination. In effect, because God is perfect, he cannot change, and therefore cannot change his mind. Because God controls all, this means that everything that happens in the universe was pre-determined by God's unchangable plan at the dawn of time. As such, those who will go to heaven, and the sinners and others that will burn in hell, were predetermined at the beginning of time, long before they were even born. Further, everything and anything that happens to anyone, chosen, non-chosen, and sinners alike, was predetermined. I noticed that the godhatesfags site has a classic discussion of this doctrine:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/writings/predestination.html

If one tries to apply even a little, weak, logical argument, one finds odd contradictions. For example, if homosexuals exist, it must be because God predetermined it, and therefore wants it to be so. (This does not mean that God approves of or loves them. Although not part of the doctrine per se, these groups believe that God virulently hates many of the humans He predestined the creation of. ) Further, if all was predestined, then there is nothing that anti-gay protest, nor the "adgenda" of gays and gay media, can do to change things, making these activities utterly pointless. Yet, "believers" waste vast resources protesting against gays.

They explain the existence of sinners by saying that God needs these to demonstrate His justice, and therefore of necessity predetermined their existence. However, it would seem that if these people exist so God can demonstrate His justice, it would be blasphemous for man to take any action aginst these people, as man would then be presuming to intrude on the providence of God. Yet, these "believers" gladly engage in such judgement, which would appear to make them blasphemers, and therefore evil sinners themselves.

Curiously, the doctrine maintains that although God predetermined and created sinners, he did not create acts of sin. Sin, it says, was created by one man, Adam. There are two serious contradictions here. One, if God really predetermined all, then he predestined that Adam would sin. Second, if God created sinners to demonstrate his judgment, then he needs to have them commit acts of sin, for if sinners did not commit acts of sin, their behavior would be identical to that of non-sinners, and it would be impossible to use them to demonstrate judgement. Therefore, it would seem necessary that God must have created sin in order to allow his demonstration of judgement to be possible.

And so on...

TheOverlord

1st Like
Media
There is nothing i can say that hasnt been said already here.

I'm trying to think of a clever sentence that has to do with believing what you want, but not forcing it onto others. But i cant.

EFH33

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Originally posted by TheOverlord@Mar 23 2005, 09:01 PM
There is nothing i can say that hasnt been said already here.

I'm trying to think of a clever sentence that has to do with believing what you want, but not forcing it onto others. But i cant.
[post=293438]Quoted post[/post]​

When people use God to justify their hatred it only proves how full of bullshit they are. After all, isn't that what the terrorists do? Most religions stem from the same God, so apparently they got a different message than I got.

I believe the rapper Nas put it best "People fear what they don't understand. Hate what they can't conquer. I guess that's just the theory of man"

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
People are far too easily manipulated by hatredm especially these days. One question to Mr. Holier-than-thou Reverend Phelps...If God hates "fags" so much, then why would he create them in the first place. If he is such the holy reverend he claims to be, he would accept the fact that it is taught that we are all "God's children" and deserve rightful treatment. It saddens me that people are so easily manipulated by hatred, and use that as an outlet for it. People need to wake up and realize that not even picketing funerals of gays will get their sorry ass campaign anywhere. It's sickening, yes, and ever more than unnecessary. I'm a strong believer that love is love - and that it doesn't matter which genders it is felt between. I don't know how people can look at themselves after being in such a hateful group. And if I ever had or adopted a child that ended up being gay, and they dared rally the funeral, and if she dared say that to my face, I would kill her myself and tell Mr. Holyman that he should be glad his bigot shitfaced manipulated-by-Satan-himself daughter is dead so she can't continue his reign of terror. OK so maybe I wouldnt "kill her" but I would make sure she wouldn't tolerate being alive anymore, and I wouldn't care what the reverend or his cronies did or said about it. I hate when people are hateful for no good reason, there is a fine line between justified anger and prejudism. Unfortunately, like the reverend has done, it is far too often crossed. Just my two cents....for now!

Ineligible

1st Like
Media
I've read a (now rather old article) that presented material that suggested that the odious Phelps is himself a closet gay. That wouldn't be surprising - there's often a lot of hypocrisy in Pharisees like that. And what better way to get on the "good" side when you find something inside you that you hate, than by campaigning against it?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Do four-year-olds even know what homosexuals are? I first heard about homosexuality when I was in first grade, and I was initially confused because I didn't realize there were orifices capable of penetration other than the vagina.

Of course they're True Christians™, so everything they do is completely justified in keeping with God's plan. Besides, True Christians™ are redeemed and everyone else, even Gandhi, is damned. Hell, I'm willing to bet a lot of the Phelps clan find themselves in public restrooms quite a bit; I mean, you know what they say about people who bitch about homos a little too much, tra la la.

BTW, primitive's the best way to describe that theology: Total Laius complex going on.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Freddie, the Christian religion editor is back.

First, Jesus said there would be false prophets and people who woUld prophesize and preach in his name. Well, this thread proves Jesus knew in advance what he was talking about.

Let's review what Jesus said. He was asked point blank about what it took to go to heaven. And He said two thiings:

"Beleive in the Lord your God with all your heart and mind"

"Love thy neighbor as thyself"

Please, please don't understand the Bible as a hate promoting book. Take the book as a whole and you will find it is promoting the reconciliation of man to God in Love. God is not the author of hate. God is not author of sin.

And man has a free will. That is a bunch of crap from one of the post that everything was predistined and you have not choice over it. IT IS ABOSLUTELELY PURE CRAP!!!!!

If that were so, no need to set the alarm clock. If it was predistined that you would wake up you would. Need to go to the bathroom, no need to take time out of your busy schedule. After all, if God intended for you to hold it then you will, if it wasn't God's will you are going to wet your pants anyway so need to stop and go.

And if your are gay, damn, you have no choice, God has ordained it that you are gay. Sure you are going to hell. But damn, since you are going anyway you might as well have a hell of a good time here on earth before you become Crispy Fried down there will all the others that God decided He didn't like some millions of years ago when he laid all of this out. Damn. This blasphemy of Holy Scriptures is amazing.

And if you are going to heaven, then have a hell of a good time as well. Shit, you can't go to hell, God has already picked you out for heaven so have a hell of a good time. Here is Freddie's chance, I can steal from the church, rape every guy weaker then I am. I am on God's heaven train. Pure blasphemy is what is is.

AGAIN THIS ABOVE DOCTRINE IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE IN THE BIBLE FOR IT.

Sure you can take a verse or two and completely misinterprete them and come up with crap like this. But you will have to work a while to come up with this.

Now, Jesus loves everyone, everyone. That incluces sinners. He got in trouble for "eating with the sinners." Jesus offers nothing but love and reconciliation

Now I am not convinced that there is a literal hell in the afterlife. But if there is, people that that Reverand and his kind will be the first to go there.

Personally I believe that hell is where all sin and evil and impuritities are cast and the remembrance of them by God. Those who want to live with God after death and welcomed into heaven. Those who don't just cease to exist. Dante's hell is a fiction book. IT is not the Bible.

Freddie is on a rampage here and would write a book if he had the time, He has to go. The only people Jesus ever condemned while he was on earth was people like on this Reverend and this horrendous web site.

And please those of you who want to turn your back on God and the Bible on this. Reconsider. Real Christains know it is crap. God loves you, everyone of you. I repeat God loves everyone on this site and in this world. Everyone of you are God's child. He only wants what is the best for you.

I know some want to know what bad things happen. Let me deal with that on another post. Right now let us clear up this blasphemy that this so called Reverend has strirred up. That is what it is.

THE BIBLE IS ABOUT GOD'S LOVE FOR HUMANS

ALL PEOPLE ARE GOD'S CHILDREN

HE WANTS EVERYONE OF HIS CHILDREN IN HEAVEN WITH HIM WHEN THEY DIE.

EVEN THAT REVEREND. GOD WANTS HIM THERE TOO. THOUGHT WHY IN THE HELL HE DOES IS BEYOND ME. GOOD THING I AM NOT THE GATE KEEPER IN HEAVEN WHEN HE SHOWS UP AT THE PEARLY GATES.

Pardon my rampage. But it pisses me off when someone hijacks my religion and turns it into a piece of PURE ONE HUNDERED PRECENT HATRED.

Now, all know how sweet Freddie is and can be. Thanks for all the kind words you have all said about me. But Freddie can and does have a temper. In case you didn't know, you know it now.

Again, if you wonder why the temper got lost. It is simple, you can do most anything in the world and I can remain sweet Freddie. Hijack my religion and spout forth hate in Jesus's name and my temper goes AWOL. Jesus never hated anyone. Never has and never will.

Everyone's brother through a loving God. (Even that dumbass Reverend)

Freddie

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My first exposure to the GHF people was on the Howard Stern radio show. They are so outrageous, that he just had to have them on. He interviewed the mom and the kids and tried to trip up the kids with his questions.

Many people missunderstand Howard, he has the KKK, the GHF people, NAMBLA, and other racists, bigots, and hate-mongers on his show so people can see them for what they are: a bunch of raving lunatics. :freak: :tinfoilhat:

LapDog :p

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
As I said, they're True Christians™. When dealing with True Christians™, you're going to find all kinds of stuff that would be laughable if the True Christians™ didn't control the government. Kinda like animal-rights people, only the animal-rights people don't control the government.

BTW, True Christians™ believe the world was created Sunday 23 October 4004 BC.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After scanning the site, I got to wondering WTF does a Phelpie like?

It would appear that they hate fags, Bush, Sweden, Canada, and America; moreover they rejoice in 9-11 and the recent tsunami in Southeast Asia. Apparently, the head nut/weirdo has supernatural powers and can determine sexual orientation and inclination by merely looking at a photograph.

I guess that when Phelpies greet each other, they ask, "Who have you hated today?"

jay