God's role in extinctions?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I have been wondering what the creationist (of any religion) response is to the fact that c. 99.9% of all the species that have ever existed on this planet have become extinct?

It doesn't seem very successful for an omniscient, omnipotent God, even one that moves in mysterious ways.

Do you think maybe that we have been a little forsaken?

Also - does anyone know how to get off this deathtrap?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I have been wondering what the creationist (of any religion) response is to the fact that c. 99.9% of all the species that have ever existed on this planet have become extinct?

It doesn't seem very successful for an omniscient, omnipotent God, even one that moves in mysterious ways.

Do you think maybe that we have been a little forsaken?

Also - does anyone know how to get off this deathtrap?
I get it. You are a militant atheist, and you believe that if you post enough legalistic conundrums, you can get everybody else who does believe to stop believing.

Let's make a deal. I've never tried to convert you to my religion, so why don't you stop trying to convert me to yours? How about that? Would that work?

Never mind. I see you're not the only one asking pointless questions here. :redface:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In todays language it would be the same as a recall of a faulty product.

“From time to time God reviews his creations (products), and he may decide to recall some of them after the review, which causes that particular creation (species) to go extinct. It’s tough, but it’s God’s will.” declared leading creationist Rich Hawkins, hoping that the theory will put an end to all kinds of speculations going on over dinosaur extinction.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
In todays language it would be the same as a recall of a faulty product.

“From time to time God reviews his creations (products), and he may decide to recall some of them after the review, which causes that particular creation (species) to go extinct. It’s tough, but it’s God’s will.” declared leading creationist Rich Hawkins, hoping that the theory will put an end to all kinds of speculations going on over dinosaur extinction.

Not many businesses would still be going after 99.9% recalls.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Until the next cataclysmic event, and then it all starts over.

Though when our Star burns out, that will be that. Until the next star forms and then it all starts over..........

Well then perhaps...This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't have a religion, Hicky.

And I don't have a problem with asking questions.
No, you just have a problem answering mine. I asked you directly if you would stop trying to convert me to atheism and you refuse to answer.

And atheism is a religion. It is a system of beliefs with regard to the existence of God, and therefore qualifies as a religion.

Now, will you please stop trying to convert me, Drifty? Better than you have tried, and failed.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

When I become frustrated with this topic I refer to Onan
NOW there dwelt in the land of Canaan, the son of Judah, one Onan, and his brother was married to a wife named Tamar who was right comely;and one day Onan took an augur and drilled a hole in Tamar's door while that she was shedding her undergarments. And putting his eye to the hole, he gazed upon his sister-in-law's naked loins and... [All together now!]...
HE SPILLED HIS SEED UPON THE GROUND!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

"They missed the boat"?

From readings and the unfortunate conversation or two it seems like some creationists believe that dinosaurs are a hoax as is most fossil evidence of evolution. How could any of it be real if the universe itself is only 6000 years old?

With regard to extinctions falling within that timeline, well, since only humans have souls and go to heaven so what? The animals were put here quite literally at our disposal and we've been disposing of them quite well. I wouldn't count that as a knock against "intelligent design" so much as I would call it a testament to man being created in god's likeness. Selfish and capricious.