Going back in time, what advice would you give to your teenage sexual self?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With everything else that was going on in my life then -- nah. No sexual advice would have changed anything.

And I wouldn't interfere anyway -- I wouldn't want to disturb the chain of events that led me up to (eventually) developing the skills that I use today.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't be so arrogant.

Be more understanding of where people where people are coming from or are. Be kind to people who may not be in the category you are accustomed to.

If it was possible to be more social and sexually active, I would say to do that.

Pick a better major than Broadcast Journalism at some over priced Boston college.

In family politics, play ball. Screw the other members of the family that have behaved badly whose trust funds you could have had with a John Hancock on the dotted line and realize that a little bit of ass kissing would have paid off in a big way.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it was possible to be more social and sexually active, I would say to do that. Yes! I should have dated more. Pick a better major than Broadcast Journalism at some over priced Boston college.
Hey, that has more practical applications than Art History.:tongue:
In family politics, play ball. Screw the other members of the family that have behaved badly and treated you like shit. They aren't going to change . . . ever.

Stop being such a damn introvert and share the wealth!
Yeah, I wish that too, but it's a lot easier said than done.

Oh the things I would tell myself at 17!!!
Don't major in art history. Major in landscape design. You'll be happier. Ain't that the truth! We must be fraternal twins separated at birth LOL :biggrin1::tongue: Tell that quack Meyers to get you a better retainer. Tell your mom you need braces more than she needs a full length ranch mink coat. It will save you thousands of dollars in 23 years or so.
Get out of the house. Get a roommate or 2 if you have to; but cut the cord because she can't. She needs to control your behavior.
Yes our father has severe problems. You can't change him or make him happy. Let it go. Dad isn't happy unless he has something to worry about. He's not changing, so learn to deal with it. Don't lose touch with
Write back to Laurie, frequently. Keep in touch with Robin N, Michele P and Tara G. Soon as you turn 18 go find the best lawyer you can to sue the shit out of the diocese for millions for what that fucker did to you. You didn't deserve to be beaten-up or abused. Try to understand that Jason. It's so hard and you'll waste so much of your life if you think that's the case. Just be yourself and if people don't like you, fuck them. The rape and beating were not your fault. You did not ask for it; you need to report it. Let the chips fall where they may. Never fuck without a condom. Not anyone. <---- This new disease, it's not gay cancer; anyone can get it! Only one guy that you fuck freshman year will literally be too big for condoms. The rest think they are huge cause they are black, :biggrin1:LOL:tongue: they aren't, they are barely average. Do NOT buy that Saab! Get a nice Japanese car instead. Do not buy the Chevy Sprint Plus! Get that cute red Jeep Wrangler. Finish college! Don't drop out or get kicked out. Don't spend so much time working in retail, you never enjoy it, you spend half your check on clothes and the pay sucks. Go find Uncle Ben and spend some time with him before he dies. Spend as much time talking and more importantly listening to Nana and PopPop and MomMom before they die. Pay attention to Nana and MomMom in the kitchen, you will forever rue not learning their secret recipes for pear syrup and clover-leaf yeast rolls.:redface::rolleyes:
Take the money in the settlement from the diocese and buy stock in Microsoft, Apple, Google, Yahoo!, Cisco, and Ebay. Sell it all in August 2001 except for Google. Hold on to that from first issue to the end of 2007. You don't get to step into shit and have a financial windfall. Nobody ever gives you anything . . . ever. You will work hard for every scrap you get, sometimes 60-70 hours a week. Get used to it.
You really are a decent person. Believe in yourself even if nobody else does.

------------------------------

• You should ask Martin R.to the Sr. Prom, you know he likes you and will say yes.:wink::smile:
  • Matt O. is gay don't arrange your class schedule to match his:tongue::redface:
  • Do not go out with Lynwood!
  • Substituting sex for beer will not make Jerry S. stop drinking. He is an alcoholic. :frown1: (I was 19! I didn't know any better. :tongue:)
  • Keep Stanley L. in the friend zone, going further will be a HUGE mistake.
  • You should ask out Larry Z. and see what happens.
  • Ignore what Ed T. says, watch what he does. He is incapable of love and commitment.
  • Get the name & phone# for that fireman at the Tropical Pub.:biggrin1: He eats pussy like it's his last meal and he will be the first man to make you squirt.:cool:
  • Chris P. is smarter than he looks, he can be more than a FWB.

curiomeerkat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I would say 'you have plenty of time, don't rush to grow up so fast - the world is your oyster...'

And other such things that were said to me when I was a teen but didn't listen to..

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wouldn't give any advice. I would just take a gun when I go back in time.
Everything would have been peaceful for about 35 years now...

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh dear. Viking - if you had done that you would not be here to help all of us out. Whatever is happening now will be over and done with soon enough and things will be well with you and you will be doing well and happy. Take heart and know that plenty of people are happy you were not able to take your own advice from now back to then.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't give any advice. I would just take a gun when I go back in time. Everything would have been peaceful for about 35 years now...

Viking1, is martydom your fetish? :crucified:If so you need to get a new one; I suggest BDSM. Climb down off that cross, because we need the wood for something else. :mad: :aargh4:

Why do you enjoy this parasuicidal self-flagellation?:grumble: :confused: I am begining to think you get off on making these depressing, self-deprecating posts. Or is it that you get a high from having people tell you not to feel that way?:twak:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Viking -
I am happy you didn't and don't have that option. If things are not pleasant for you at the moment, not to worry. They will be. We enjoy having here.
466 - art history is fantastic as you are. It is a license to do whatever you want. My family has collected art forever. I may PM you about some art pieces.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
466 -
Art history is a good thing. That means that you can write your own ticket because you can. No one will dispute an art history person. That is always a good thing.
My family has been avid art collectors always as am I. If you are still into art history, I may PM you regarding some art pieces to see what you can find out about them.

T-Lex

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To my teenage self: go ahead and seduce your college roommate. He IS gay; he just won't drop the straight-jock schtick until after graduation.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Viking -
I am happy you didn't and don't have that option. If things are not pleasant for you at the moment, not to worry. They will be. We enjoy having here.

It's definitely a good thing that I can't time travel. It's also good that I don't have magical powers or super powers, futuristic weapons, etc.

Actions with no real time consequence for me, would be a very bad thing indeed...

I wouldn't know what advice to give myself if I could go back. I am more cynical, distrustful, and insecure now. My solution was the only one I could think of that would change things. I now know how things are going to turn out. Then I was still wondering, and still hopeful...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Viking1, is martydom your fetish? :crucified:If so you need to get a new one; I suggest BDSM. Climb down off that cross, because we need the wood for something else. :mad: :aargh4:

Why do you enjoy this parasuicidal self-flagellation?:grumble: :confused: I am begining to think you get off on making these depressing, self-deprecating posts. Or is it that you get a high from having people tell you not to feel that way?:twak:

Tell it, sister. I've been chickening out of posting something similar for ages...

If I could go back in time I'd leave teenaged MB alone because, frankly, she was pretty scarey and probably would have hit me if I tried approaching with friendly advice. I would, instead, go back in time to a teenaged viking1, give him a damned good seeing to and tell him to go forth and conquer!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, and another piece of advice I'd give myself:

You have NO business going to a conservative Catholic college! You may think you're more intent on studying than on dating, but why not be able to do both? Besides, you're not going to do much of either at that college - you'll date a little bit but not much, and you'll study just barely enough to scrape by with a really low GPA.

Instead, go to Indiana University, and major in Folklore/Ethnomusicology - also take computer science classes (maybe double-major). You may need remedial math, etc. for the computer science - so be it - DO IT! Also, get a part-time job while you're in school, preferably an internship in your career field. (You will need actual work experience, not just the classroom work). You worry about running into people from high school at IU - well, it's a big school. You may but you may not.

D

deleted136887

Senseless. I would'nt listen to any-one, least of myself.