Going Back To Briefs?

ashley1321

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have any of you gone back to briefs after wearing boxers or boxers briefs? I tried once, but did't like the way they felt around the legs. They were just cheap FOTL /Hanes so not sure if that makes the difference. I need new underwear so i may give it another go.I curently wear Jockey Classic Boxer Briefs.

Reactions: Milkdudd

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
After wearing boxers everyday for my entire life, I don't think I could ever make the switch back. I only wear boxer briefs on active days when I go to the gym just because of the "pouch" and the comfort of having everything in one place. But any of other day I need the hang and free swing of my package.
Boxers not for me, I can’t stand the bunching especially under jeans and even though I don’t have much of anything that hangs I find the running annoying. See so many young guys struggle to tuck them into tight straight legged pants. Also they wear them working out and they flop around while running. Calvin Klein trunks or briefs are my underwear of choice. Any change though takes getting used to

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I live in the tropics where it is hot and humid. I wear briefs because it cuddles my balls and keeps them from sticking to my thighs.

I think everyone has their own level of comfort, and for me, a pair of well fitted knitted cotton briefs are most comfortable for me. I have to admit I do not like those briefs whose cut is too tight on my balls. They are not comfortable at all.

jockinajock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I made the switch a few years ago. I followed the trend that was typical for my age group: briefs until about 7th grade, then boxers through high school. For sports I wore sport trunks. When I got to college and made my own underwear purchasing decisions, I tried boxer briefs, and liked them better than boxers. Why was I stuffing all this extra fabric into jeans anyway? And in hindsight, boxers were terrible at hiding erections common for high schools boys - something form-fitting would have been superior. Not until maybe 5 years ago did I think to try briefs again. I bought a few brands and found pretty much anything is better than Hanes or Fruit of the Loom. I think the support offered is superior to boxer briefs, and honestly, why do my thighs need to be covered? I would try lots of things to see what you like. Bear in mind that are lots of different styles within the briefs genre. Hip briefs have less coverage (2-3" outseam), full-rise have more (8-9" outseam). My personal preference is for something in between, mid-rise with 4-5" of outseam. There are tons of brands out there too. Some of my favorites are calvin klein (but not the classic - anything else), Lacoste briefs are good, Dockers actually makes great briefs, and I love my Champion briefs, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, about 7 years ago, on the advice of some of my younger friends - guys in their 20s who had switched from boxer shorts to briefs themselves - I gave them a try, and loved how they felt. The support on my balls felt great.

It does take some trying different brands to find the best one for you. Don't give up.

D

deleted972301

After wearing boxers everyday for my entire life, I don't think I could ever make the switch back. I only wear boxer briefs on active days when I go to the gym just because of the "pouch" and the comfort of having everything in one place. But any of other day I need the hang and free swing of my package.

Thomas82

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Inspired by the underwear model Freddie Ljunberg and some others back in early 2000 remember being exposed to lot of CK advertizing and bought both CK pro-strech briefs and trunks for comparison. Liked the trunks more and became more of a trunk guy. Lately noticed that they started manufacturing the same line again, and bought both again, and this time have learned to appreciate the brief ones especially under shorts when its hot. But the briefs somehow also make me more bulge concious and less clothed, so get boned up often. So for the question - yes I guess one can go back and forth the spectrum

bippy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I could never do it. Switching to boxers as a teen was a revelation for me, as was switching to commando in my early 20s. I'm sure that it would feel really weird to go back to either at this point, and I'm not sure that I could stand the confinement.

It's interesting, though, how some guys like the support and containment and some of us cannot stand it. I wonder if there is a reason for this.

Reactions: sdbg and camchain

thongboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you wear your jeans tight, briefs can seem pretty bulky. Their lines show under the denim while on the other hand they don't show off the bulge of your cock that well. My buddies and I like our underwear to be sexy, so we go for thongs or jock straps. I prefer a hot bulge thong which gives my cock and balls support and definition and makes it clear that at the rear that my skintight jeans are clinging to bare skin. But two of my buddies get off on jock straps. One buddy has discovered some hot Andrew Christian bare-ass lines — he jokes that they're great for easy entry!

Peteaka

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I sometimes wear loose boxers under shorts when its hot to get some air (not that often in UK!). Used to wear mostly boxer briefs but found most just squash your junk unless they have a bit of a pouch. Now i mostly wear decent cotton rich briefs for the comfort and support - prefer those designed with a bit of a pouch so like Jockey or CK when on offer (premium brands are VERY expensive!). I'd like to try Cin2 or 2xst but for a modest size guy some of their pouches look a bit much haha. I have recently discovered Oddballs and like their bright bold patterns and comfort.

Reactions: Ed Sullivan

jockinajock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's been at least 10 years since I've worn boxers; they're useless if you ask me. And it's been probably about 5 since I've worn boxer briefs. But you like what you like. Try them out, and you don't have to wear the same thing everyday. One day can be a brief day and another boxer briefs.

Reactions: livingthedream9

NY2NY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Tried boxers in 7th grade just to see what they were all about. But didn't get the point of all the fabric. I've always had more muscular legs and a bubble butt so the fabric would just roll up the legs or tear during athletic movements.

I don't like my ballsack sticking to my thighs or my penis flopping around all day, so I stuck with briefs. Wore throughout junior high and high school. Never got flak, some would look. Started wearing thongs in college, but mostly wear briefs.

Reactions: jockbear

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I could never do it. Switching to boxers as a teen was a revelation for me, as was switching to commando in my early 20s. I'm sure that it would feel really weird to go back to either at this point, and I'm not sure that I could stand the confinement.

It's interesting, though, how some guys like the support and containment and some of us cannot stand it. I wonder if there is a reason for this.
All a matter of giving yourself time to get used to change. I slept in jockey bikini briefs for most of my life because I hated my balls sticking to my thighs during the night. Now I sleep naked and can’t believe I didn’t it sooner. All those nights being woken up by my nighttime wood stuck in my briefs when it could have just been free to rise.

Reactions: Cdfreak69