Going back to flying...yay

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
After 5 long years in management I have decided to return to the skies. It is ironic given the Steven Slater uber-queen meltdown....but i want to see what the hell goes on out there. Believe it or not...sr mgmt is AGAINST my decision...but i believe that walking in shoes makes for wise decision making.

Are there any guys that "stepped back" to get a big view or am i committing Hari Kari???? :confused:

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. I was a Flight Attendant for a few years and I have to say it was one of the worst jobs of my life. It is sort of ironic I had a file full of letters from happy passengers who praised my service and professionalism.
I travel quite frequently and have been told by the crew I am the model passenger; I think mostly because of my experiences in my blue uniform serving with a smile under duress. (although not all bad) I worked with some incredible people; some of whom I'm still in touch with.
If you land at EWR, LGA, JFK or HNL come fly with me!
But most of all I wish you friendly skis and happy landings!

Last edited:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
thanks nude....i guess u had a wAAy of dealing with people...i do too. Do you think its wise for professionals to go on the front line? To me...it is the crux of our delivery problem...i have to experience the hell of fling 2L on a MD90 hehe

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I absolutely think management should walk in the shoes of those on the front lines. I used to say that at union meetings and to my supervisor all the time.
I don't know how high you are going to rank on seniority but I sure hope you don't have to fly reserve for long... because it sucked.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here are few things to keep in mind while you are pinning your wings on...

You know you're a flight attendant if...........

1. You never unpack

2. You look to the ceiling when your doorbell goes off

3. You wish you had jet engines mounted in your bedroom so you could
fall asleep faster

4. You don't ever write a full city name anymore(bugs your non airline
friends) DTW MCO FCO BOM ORD DFW etc.

5. You get excited over certain types of ice

6. You curse every 'Bose headset wearing moron'--yes, the electronic
device announcement means you!

7. You know how to look fresh in 5 day old clothes

8. No matter how many times you clean out your suitcase you still find
ancient hidden treasures in there

9. You HATE boarding

10. You LOVE deplaning

11. Turbulence is not caused by clouds but caused by the initial
movement of all meal carts or the pouring of coffee.

12. You can't believe you've never been in a hotel van accident

13. You loathe your CEO

14. Businessmen on cell phones rank up there with the CEO

15. You remember the passengers with great manners (that's sad)

16. You LOVE the Nicoderm commercial (if you have not seen it go to
www,youtube.com and search it)

17. You can't remember when UM's (Unaccompanied Minors) actually
became bigger than you

18. You love foreigners because they can't adequately complain in
English

19. You despise foreigners because they can't communicate effectively

20. You secretly cheer when another flight attendant has to deal with
the medical emergency

21. You HATE on board duty free

22. You can't stand the frequent flyer who says" I fly more than you...'

23. You hate seeing your passengers at your layover hotel

24. #$%^& tray stackers

25. You hate when drinkers start calling you by name (don't buddy up to
me, Loser)

26. You long for the days when it was easy to rig the hotel TV for free movies

27. You want to smack the nail clipping --finger nail polishing-- nose
picking--snoring idiots

28. You want no passengers talking to you while you are nonreving

29. You travel in uniform for the liquids creams and gel exemption

30. If passengers can't find the flush to the toilet---they should stay
in there till they do!!!!!!!!

31. No, you can't borrow my pen!!!

32. You are excited to find a can of different soda that is not supposed
to be on your airline

33. You never imagined you could fart all the way across the Atlantic

34. You know every 'sights and sounds of...' from CNN

35. You LOVE to sleep

36. You hate early morning departures---Who in the hell HAS to fly at 6
a.m.

37. You wish your manager actually WAS a f/a at one point in their life

38. You can't believe your senior f/a is in their 80's-(doesn't matter
what airline they all have them)

39. You try not to go the bathroom on the plane but you sure can catch a
good nap in there

40. You hate that they think they can hear you without taking off their
headsets

41. You wish bassinettes were never invented

42. You are glad there are no hidden cameras in the galley

43. Your friends truly don't get the commuting part---so you have to fly
when and your trip starts where??

44. YES, remain seated for the duration of our flight DOES mean YOU

45. There is one person at the airline you can't stand to fly with

46. You can't figure out why your manager is not held accountable for
the same things you are

47. Your jump seat partner knows more about you than your spouse or life
partner

48. You have at least 6 of your own you could add to this list

49. You had a memory for all of these

50. YOU UNDERSTOOD EVERY ONE OF THESE

D

deleted3782

I've never lost my temper or said a cross word to a flight attendant. I've never had the occasion to. Besides, more-often-than-not I get nice little things from them like extra Biscoff cookies in the morning on Delta (I love those things!) and have had a free mini bottle of wine Christmas night.

That being said, you are CRAZY to go back into the skies! On my last overseas flight, I had to wait for this huge crazy-haired dude to get out of the bathroom, and when he finally did, the room smelled so bad I gagged. I really had to piss so I went in anyway, to find he didn't bother to flush the toilet after his explosive diarrhea. Then, amid the used paper towels all over the tiny counter and overflowing trash reception I saw the crown jewel of the flight...a blood and clotted used tampon (my first!) sitting proudly on top of everything else. By this point I was in the midst of dry heaves, and after turbo-pissing I scrambled out of the bathroom and found the stewardess nearby unpacking a carton. I said "I'm really sorry to tell you this, but that bathroom is disgusting and needs to be cleaned really soon." Her face took on a resigned expression and she said "Thank you, we will get on it." I felt so bad for her. Nobody should have to deal with that kind of filth on top of all the other responsibilities she had.

That experience alone (on top of the fact I get airsick) would keep me out of that job forever. Stay on the ground! Save yourself!

B_Tonnie

Experimental Member
Media
DUE TO MY WORK, BASED BETWEEN AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAN
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good luck man, i have nothing but praise for all flight attendants i have dealt with and i fly a lot. A couple of days ago i was on a international flight, got as horny as hell, went and wristed -off in the bathroom, went back to cabin, thank god it was nearly empty, hostess came along and gave me a few moist wipes and whispered in my ear, you have fresh cum glistening on the left side of your collar. Now that is what i call service, who else or where else would someone be so kind as to point that out to you. You go for it dude, you guys rock.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a kid, I always acted extra nice toward the flight attendants, hoping they'd take me to the pilot's cockpit (pun unintended). One day, I got my wish, so to this day, I continue to act "extra nice".

Besides, plane food sucks enough as it is, you don't need people spitting in it.:tongue:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
don't recall which cable channel has a show that puts the CEO of a company somewhere in the dregs of his/her company. I was most impressed with the episode with the chairman of the company 7-Eleven .

the ruse was that the company wanted to make a documentary about jobs a new hire might fill, and capture how the newly hired older employee adapted. what was really funny is that a couple of employees told the man he wouldn't last on the job.

after the filming was done, the CEO brought the employees to HQ and personally debriefed them. he then explained how his experience brought him to make several significant changes in the company and personnel operations.

the film crew would have had a lot more trouble hiding "Jack" in the Jack in the Box company.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As a kid, I always acted extra nice toward the flight attendants, hoping they'd take me to the pilot's cockpit (pun unintended). One day, I got my wish, so to this day, I continue to act "extra nice".

Besides, plane food sucks enough as it is, you don't need people spitting in it.:tongue:
Hey so did I! I got invited to sit in the cockpit of a Air Canada DC-8 at at stopover in Toronto. I was six years old and it was the highlight of the holiday for me. Being nice to the flight attendants has continued to pay off many times over the years. :wink:

MonsterUncut

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I absolutely think management should walk in the shoes of those on the front lines. I used to say that at union meetings and to my supervisor all the time.
I don't know how high you are going to rank on seniority but I sure hope you don't have to fly reserve for long... because it sucked.

Flying reserve did SUCK bigtime, but with languages, I didn't have to stay on reserve for long. Good luck with your adventure.

Peace

D

deleted3782

Hey so did I! I got invited to sit in the cockpit of a Air Canada DC-8 at at stopover in Toronto. I was six years old and it was the highlight of the holiday for me. Being nice to the flight attendants has continued to pay off many times over the years. :wink:

I have vague memories of going up front for a tour of the cockpit and getting a pair of "wings" to pin on my shirt. Obviously I wasn't as impressed with it as you and Do were. :tongue: