Going commando to church

mavedick

Experimental Member
Media
This isn't so much a topic as it is a simple announcement. I've recently switched from briefs to going commando a lot of the time, and today was the first time I went that way to church. Everything went well. I wore my loosest jeans, so there wasn't too much revealed. If anybody did notice anything hanging, they probably just figured that I was in boxers.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That's kinda weird. Like, everyone (Well, mostly everyone) knows that I've been goin commando since IWas 6, and on Friday I just switched to boxer briefs. We're like, opposite-twins!

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
If your church is permissive enough that worshippers wear jeans, freeballing doesn't seem particularly radical. Plus ... given the antiquity of organized religion and the (relative) novelty of underwear as we know it today, if anything you are probably just being "traditional" by going undies-free at church. :D

FWIW, I seldom freeball but on the occasions when I've had to do so in jeans it didn't feel at all exhibitionistic ... freeballing in dress pants, now THAT's daring. ;)

Steve

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Jul 11 2005, 01:32 PM
you might think that nobody noticed, but god was watching. now you're going to hell.
[post=328243]Quoted post[/post]​

---------------------

Why? Is he collecting "mistakes"?

Well, I swear to him, I do have an ample "basket" and quite frankly, I don't give a damn as to what anyone has tucked in his crotch, commando or taped to his ass in church. Now in bed???????? "They" (male or female) gotta be purty fur shur!!!

Fur shur honies!

blackwood

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by blackwood+Jul 11 2005, 03:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blackwood &#064; Jul 11 2005, 03:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock@Jul 11 2005, 01:32 PM
you might think that nobody noticed, but god was watching. now you&#39;re going to hell.
[post=328243]Quoted post[/post]​

---------------------

Why? Is he collecting "mistakes"?
[post=328266]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
well yeah. that&#39;s what god does. he don&#39;t get out much, I&#39;m afraid.

mavedick

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Steve26@Jul 11 2005, 10:18 AM
If your church is permissive enough that worshippers wear jeans, freeballing doesn&#39;t seem particularly radical.
[post=328265]Quoted post[/post]​

Although Steve&#39;s other comments were good, I have to comment on this one. We&#39;re a small and very rural evangelical church in the deep South. The only one there in a suit and tie is the preacher. Jeans are fine. That doesn&#39;t mean that we&#39;re permissive. It just means that we aren&#39;t pretentious. We go to church to worship, to hear God&#39;s word preached, and to share our love for one another, not to be seen in fancy clothes.

I wasn&#39;t trying to be radical by going commando to church. I just considered it a new step for me.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Jul 11 2005, 09:34 AM
well yeah. that&#39;s what god does. he don&#39;t get out much, I&#39;m afraid.
[post=328294]Quoted post[/post]​
Yeah well, God just has, ah, issues. With pigs, shrimp, foreskins, poly/cotton blends . . .

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On a side note, I once had a sex dream about Jesus.
2 things ...
A) Jesus did not wear underwear under his robe
B) Let me tell you, that man gives some mean head. Wow.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Church I attend is not permissive; few Catholic Churches are&#33; On any given Sunday or holy day of obligation, you will see slacks, jeans and even shorts at Saint Louis Cathedral. In fact, I&#39;d guess that there are more people wearing jeans than wearing suits. We are there to celebrate the liturgy, not to show off our finery. Some people feel that dress clothes seem more reverent, and that&#39;s fine, but they don&#39;t scorn those who prefer more casual wear. I have been known to attend Mass in sweats when running late at the gym. It&#39;s not my usual practice, but it has happened. And I have gone commando to Mass often. I feel that God knows what I&#39;m packing ... after all, He&#39;s the One Who put it there ... and He&#39;s not at all embarassed by it. Humans don&#39;t cease to be sexual beings just by walking into a place of worship.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by oldbodybuilder2004@Jul 12 2005, 01:18 AM
Hi; I am a regular church goer. Even if I went commando style nothng would show as I sing in the choir and the long robe would covery thing up. Now what???
[post=328453]Quoted post[/post]​

* choir singing *

Quietly, in choir&#39;s back row: "Hey, babe ... I&#39;m not wearing anything under my.."

WHACK&#33;&#33;&#33; "Pervert&#33;"

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
My bad on jeans and "permissiveness," mavedick. I admit that I have not attended church regularly in years, although when I did, jeans were really *never* seen there. Clearly I have learned something new from the LPSG today regarding the evolution of church fashion&#33;

Steve :D

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Although business suits are in the majority, jeans are commonplace at Mormon church meetings, especially where there are soldiers attending from nearby military bases. Camouflage is also common. No one is refused admittance to worship based on clothing.

All that is required is that if one is going to officiate in an ordinance, such as the Sacrament (the church is run by a lay ministry,) you should wear a tie.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I think it all depends on the denomination. At my church, which is a large, city church, jeans are NEVER seen on the adults. Coming to church means getting dressed up in a suit and tie (generally) or khakis and a dress shirt, women will be found in dresses, pant suits, skirts and blouses, etc. Basic business wear prevails.
The teenagers wear jeans, but they are off in another building having a youth/children&#39;s worship service geared to their age group running at a parallel time to our three morning services. At my former home church (Pentecostal) women were not allowed to wear pants, so you would only see women in knee length dresses or skirts.

I would never think of going to chuch in shorts. I think it&#39;s a sign of irreverence to God. God is holy and demands just a little bit more respect than shorts and a tank top with flip flops as I&#39;ve seen in many non-Protestant churches. I guess we Protestants just hold to tradition a lot more than some churches do.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Prepstud, it had occurred to me that it might be a denominational or even regional difference (since all those at churches I dissed as "permissive" ;) are in the South and I&#39;m in the Northeast). FWIW, when I attended church it was either a Methodist or Lutheran congregation, so we are talking Protestant here as well.

Steve

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Jul 12 2005, 03:14 PM
I guess we Protestants just hold to tradition a lot more than some churches do.
[post=328612]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm ... excuse me? The Catholic Church has the Latin Vulgate as its official translation of the Bible, completed twelve centuries before the King James Version was begun. The liturgy of the Catholic Curch is the Mass which dates back to the time of St. Gregory the Great, the Pope who reigned more than twelve and a half centuries before Martin Luther was born. The Latin Church can trace its Pontificate and Episcopate back to the apostles. In light of the traditions held by the Catholic Church, how does one&#39;s choice of clothing qualify as "holding to tradition a lot more"?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Jul 12 2005, 08:14 PM
God is holy and demands just a little bit more respect than shorts and a tank top with flip flops as I&#39;ve seen in many non-Protestant churches.
[post=328612]Quoted post[/post]​
what&#39;s respect got to do with what you wear? if god is supposed to be omnipresent, he sees you picking your nose, farting in your sleep, and skipping around the house in your daughter&#39;s underwear anyway. I&#39;d think that wearing formal clothes to church would just prompt a :eyes: on his part.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since I&#39;ve begun going commando through the week, I did give pause to what I would do about church. I settled on wearing silk boxer underwear that fits tightly enough to keep everything in place. Like oldbodybuilder, I sing in the choir and wear a long robe, but it isn&#39;t necessary to make me &#39;decent&#39;. I think it takes a full ass to pull fabric tightly enough to cause a noticeable bulge in front, and my ass does not a crotch shower make. Dressing in suit and tie will always be my preferred donning for worship services.

Luke