Going full gay

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has anybody gone from bi-sexual to full on gay here?

I would like to think gay guys have less complicated socials and sexual lives (outside of the whole discrimination thing)

The female drama in college is killing me. I can feel it. It is slowly burning the remnants of my soul.

g_whiz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ha. Well, personally, I find that the majority of the guys I've ever been romantically involved with are either bisexual or exprimental. Either of which aren't criteria smart to build stable relationships off of. Trust me dude, being in a relationship with a man isn't as different as being in a relationship with a woman as you might think. Every relationship is going to have its challenges and complications. Mine sure haven't been easier at least

sinbad1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Interesting question Gecko4lif, I tend to agree with g_whiz, relationships be they heterosexual or homosexual all require work. I began life in the bi-sexual camp and had a number of relationships with women. Ultimately my reason for moving into the realm of exclusive homosexuality was that I felt it was unfair and deceitful to string two people along at the same time and because I found that the sex with another man felt more fulfilling to me.

You need to work out what makes you feel good and fulfils your needs. It may come in the form of a guy or it may come in a female, you won't know if you don't give them both a chance to develop and see how they truly make you feel.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Has anybody gone from bi-sexual to full on gay here?

I would like to think gay guys have less complicated socials and sexual lives (outside of the whole discrimination thing)

The female drama in college is killing me. I can feel it. It is slowly burning the remnants of my soul.

I think there's a difference between having sex with guys in general and actually being in a relationship with another guy. if you're just having casual sex with both genders then it's not very complicated. But if you fall in love with a guy and want to be with him, then there will be a whole other set of issues you have to deal with. The fact is we don't tend to be in relationships with many people at a time, whatever their gender. We have them with individuals, and falling in love with a guy can be just as complicated as with a girl. I do know what your saying in terms of the drama stuff though. I personally find it easier communicating with guys than girls but not many guys do. I feel I'm more bisexual in terms of preference but have a tendency to fall in love with guys more intensely.

Last edited:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey Gecko,

I would say I'm about as close as they come to it. After 40+ years of exclusively having relationships with women (Guys were just for fun) I got to where I didn't know if I even wanted to try again. ( I GET your frustrations!!)

Then I met the most awesome person here that I had ever met, and I absolutely know that "he" is who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I guess that's pretty gay, ain't it? :cool:

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I know plenty of bisexuals like me, but nearly all of them still decided to stick to guys. That definitely made me worried that I could be like that too, but nope that's not the case, I prefer chicks, especially if we're talking about relationships.

I think both relationships can be troublesome. There are some tendencies but don't take them as a rule.
There are guys who are very feminine
and there's girls who are quite masculine.
if your bi, don't take the gender as a criteria, what's important is the personality of a person, I learned that.
I myself know what drama you mean, hence I plan to be with a masculine girl that likes video games, don't care much for shoe shopping and bitching and moaning ... buuuuuuuut if that doesn't work I can always find myself a black guy :p

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Good comments here. The most difficult person to have a relationship with is someone you cannot communicate with. That can be very one-sided or mutual. Some people were never meant to be together and some people were never meant to be with anyone. And all that shit starts very very young and has a lot to do with the communication style that your parents develop or fail to develop with you.

closetbi

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't go anywhere. I've been with dudes and I've been with girls and I have no idea who's next. Yeah, I generally despise the drama and stupidity (sorry ladies) that comes with maintaining a relationship with a female, and it did drive me closer to "gay", but to be honest, what will it mean to "go" full "gay" anyway? What if I do that...and then guys start to piss me off and I find myself with a chick?

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't worry about labels.
I think sexual preference can be fluid, meaning it can change over time. You aren't the same person at 20 that you are at 30 or 40 or whatever. So why can't your sexual preference change over time, as well?
In college I considered myself bi but shortly after college I stopped seeing women and started focusing mainly on men. I guess I didn't give my bi-ness a chance to blossom but then it no longer appealed to me.
Again, I say don't worry about it. Just enjoy whoever you're with. It's just sex.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
relationships with men are pretty damn dramatic.
you only have to read a few of the threads here to see there's every bit as much trauma in gay relationships...the thickjohnny sage is the first that springs to mind.
it's that relationships with people that are problematic.
if you want a simple sex life go for either celibacy or golden retrievers.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dolfette is right! You have no idea how many stories of drama my gay friends tell me about. It's ridiculous. They tell me that I have it much easier as a straight woman because of how much drama there is amongst gay men. The grass is always greener on the other side.

But you may like that kind of drama better than drama with women, you never know unless you try it. I just wouldn't go into it with the expectation that it will be easy.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it's easier to get laid.
but as plus sides go, and speaking as someone who's been with both men and women, that's about it.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Relationships equal drama.

Whether women involve less drama than gay guys depends entirely on the individuals involved. Generalizations are generally wrong.

But I semi-exclusively date Latinos most of whom live and breathe drama, so what the fuck do I know?

ewa123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was not who you describe, being bi and going to full-on gay. So i'm going to ignore that part of your question.

But regarding your statement that the female drama is killing you, here's what I have to say:

Doesn't matter if it's a gay relationship, or a straight relationship, a RELATIONSHIP is work. There are some that are more work than others, but they all involve a component that feels like work. My relationship is a gay one.

The ones I've seen nearly always have a balance of energy between the people. One person is laid back, the other might be more demanding, or they're both fairly even-keel and don't really set each other off, and usually agree with each other.

I think the key to an absence of drama in a relationship, either with a guy or girl, is very clear communication and general agreement on the important principles that govern life. Everything else that helps define us falls away into the "personal characterstics that make up you" category.

In my relationship, there were periods that were drama-free, but then, more recently, there have been times that are insanely dramatic and I truthfully loathe those moments because it feels like both of us are straying away from who we really are, just to "be right" or prove a point. BUT, once we've both calmed down, generally, we come back to those core points on which we both agree. Were it not for those, we would not be together. This should hold true for being with a girl OR a guy.

I take your question to really be: is it easier to be with a guy than a girl? And I don't think it's easier either way. They both have their pluses and minuses.