Going Home...

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Folks...I haven't been to my home town in about 2yrs...I am finally going to take that trip back to S. Florida...It is not like I don't go to Florida a lot of the times - I just avoid going to my home town...Not of my friends really live there and I can only put up w/my family to a certain point...Don't get me wrong - I come from a very close knit family - but they argue about the pettiest stuff...Plus I feel like the odd man out around my family - I mean there is no one I can relate to or can relate to me...Funny thing - my mom might be the only one kind of relates to me because she gives me my space and let me make my own decisions (good or bad)...My dad is this know it all who believes the only real work is out door work (he is a land scaper)...But what can you do - they are family...Anyone else here hates going home...

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes...family can be a trying chore at times.
I finally moved far away from mine, until fate intervened and brought
me back after 5 years.

Anyhow...hang in there.
Everyone's family experience is different. I love mine, but we dont always
get along. I know that those visits can be harsh.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just remember that there will come a time when they are gone and you don't want any regrets like wishing that you had spent more time with them or anything. When things get bad just leave and go for a walk or go to the bar for a drink. lol Just kidding, well not really. I love my family dearly but I can totally relate to the fact that I cannot be around some of them for very long. Perhaps you could use the opportunity to try and get to know them a little bit better. Best of luck and let us know how it goes. :D

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Jan 27 2005, 05:09 PM
Perhaps you could use the opportunity to try and get to know them a little bit better.
[post=278000]Quoted post[/post]​

So, just how would "someone like me" get to better know far, far, far, way beyond far, so far right they aren't even on this planet fundamentalist christian(?) scripture quoting, damning me to hell, "you could be cured if you wanted to" relatives? Without going to prison for it.

Maybe yours aren't so bad? I hope.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Family can be such a tough issue, like Kink, I just let mine go..... I much prefer my "family" of friends, we really support each other, and that's what family is supposed to be about. I am very fortunate to have them.

Good luck with your trip, Pene. I don't envy you, but I hope you can find a way to make the best of it.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jan 27 2005, 08:45 PM
but I hope you can find a way to make the best of it.
[post=278060]Quoted post[/post]​

Let's see here. Florida right? Beach? That just might help take the sting out of it. Good luck Pene!

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Pene_Negro_Grande@Jan 26 2005, 09:59 PM
Folks...I haven't been to my home town in about 2yrs...I am finally going to take that trip back to S. Florida...It is not like I don't go to Florida a lot of the times - I just avoid going to my home town...Not of my friends really live there and I can only put up w/my family to a certain point...Don't get me wrong - I come from a very close knit family - but they argue about the pettiest stuff...Plus I feel like the odd man out around my family - I mean there is no one I can relate to or can relate to me...Funny thing - my mom might be the only one kind of relates to me because she gives me my space and let me make my own decisions (good or bad)...My dad is this know it all who believes the only real work is out door work (he is a land scaper)...But what can you do - they are family...Anyone else here hates going home...
[post=277787]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you sure you dont live at my house? The only difference is that my dad is a rich, penny-pinching, know-it-all, short-tempered and downright mean jerkoff who thinks the only real work is the one that gets you $30+++ an hour. Not trying to 1-UP you or anything, i can just relate to how it is. I hate going home too...wait! im still stuck living there fore 8 more months! AHHH!!! *jumps out a window (or not...ill just plain walk out and call a taxi) and books a flight to...somewhere...;) * Anyway, i hope your time is bearable to say the very least, and from what you say, stick closest to your mom, it'll be less stressful on you, and thats what really matters. (my moms the same way, but shes just in LaLaLand half the time, which is kinda nice). Either way, take care.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Jan 27 2005, 07:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Jan 27 2005, 07:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jeepwranglerboi@Jan 27 2005, 05:09 PM
Perhaps you could use the opportunity to try and get to know them a little bit better.
[post=278000]Quoted post[/post]​

So, just how would "someone like me" get to better know far, far, far, way beyond far, so far right they aren&#39;t even on this planet fundamentalist christian(?) scripture quoting, damning me to hell, "you could be cured if you wanted to" relatives? Without going to prison for it.

Maybe yours aren&#39;t so bad? I hope.
[post=278037]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
I am so sorry you have to endure such as this from your family. It is true that we have control over our actions. It is also true that we have little control over what turns us on. Problem is I know your age and time for reconciliation is fast fading. I know all I want to know about the fundamentalists. Jesus didn&#39;t like them in his day either. They will always be with us. Holier then thou, rule spouting, your sins are worse then mine bragging crap. Sin is a disease of the soul, not an act. All humans have the disease.

How many gay people have tried to live in the straight world and failed or are miserable or lead double lives?

My hope for you is that if you want a companion you either have one or find one. I want you to be happy. I have read your posts over time. You are a swell guy. I must admit I get a little turned on when I see your picture. You must really have a wonderful package there.

At least you know that you have many friends here at LPSG. And there are Christians here who love you and know that you don&#39;t need sex orientation curing. In spite of what those fundamentalist family may tell you, God does love you very much and I firmly believe HE wants the best for all of us. God want everyone to win at this game of life. You are his precious child as is everyone.

Didn&#39;t mean to get off on that. It is just that I get so upset with people who hijack what is supposd to be a peace and loving religion and turn it into a fundamental selfrighteous fake.

My heart goes out to you as you deal with family who don&#39;t support you as you go thorughout your life.

And for the record, I plan on seeing you in heaven, not hell&#33;

Freddie

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Freddie,
You have certainly made my day (week, month year&#33;). Thank you for your kind loving words. About 5 years ago I cut them out of my life as much as possible, which they don&#39;t understand?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; Now they just try to get to me through my Mother, but she doesn&#39;t let them accomplish much. I have an incredible partner in my life and we will celebrate 8 years together in March. It&#39;s funny but his working class, small mid-western family loves me, embraces me and makes me part of the family. His mom introduced me one day as her "son in law" while my educated, white collar, minister, college professor littered family is so judgemental, mean and ignorant. I don&#39;t see "reconcilliation" anywhere on the horizon, but should they ever really want to get to know me again and explore my beliefs, faith and life, that door shall remain open, but they will have to be the ones to walk through it. I&#39;m not going back into hiding for anyone&#33;

Freddie, I am proud and happy to know you.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kink, you&#39;ve just got your first taste of the lovely, warm, and genuine person that is our Freddie&#33; I think your real family is the collection of people you care about and those who care about you, so add me to your list. I also don&#39;t see a reconciliation with my family in the near future, nor do I think I want one- I am quite happy being free to be myself unfettered by the negative opinions of others who I wouldn&#39;t have chosen as family in the first place. There&#39;s room for all of us to grow, love, fuck, frolic, and dance in the sunlight, no reason to hide in the shadows from those less developed socially than yourself.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for all the thoughts...I actually think it want be as bad as I think - like I said I haven&#39;t been home in 2yrs so who knows what is new...And we are pretty close even though we get on each others nerves...Now I got to go get some really late christmas and birthday gifts - I knew there was a reason I stay away - too expensive...And yeah the beach will take the sting out of the trip...Maybe I can catch a surfing lesson from surferboy...

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Jan 28 2005, 02:57 PM
Freddie,
You have certainly made my day (week, month year&#33;). Thank you for your kind loving words. About 5 years ago I cut them out of my life as much as possible, which they don&#39;t understand?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; Now they just try to get to me through my Mother, but she doesn&#39;t let them accomplish much. I have an incredible partner in my life and we will celebrate 8 years together in March. It&#39;s funny but his working class, small mid-western family loves me, embraces me and makes me part of the family. His mom introduced me one day as her "son in law" while my educated, white collar, minister, college professor littered family is so judgemental, mean and ignorant. I don&#39;t see "reconcilliation" anywhere on the horizon, but should they ever really want to get to know me again and explore my beliefs, faith and life, that door shall remain open, but they will have to be the ones to walk through it. I&#39;m not going back into hiding for anyone&#33;

Freddie, I am proud and happy to know you.
[post=278282]Quoted post[/post]​
I am so glad you are not alone. I pray that you two will have a long time together and are together as long as you both are still alive.

King David loves Jonathan the son of KIng Saul as he had not loved any woman&#33; I think I quoted that right. Anyway, it is obvious what kind of love it was. Johnathan was killed in battle. David upon becoming King sent out a search party to find Jonathan&#39;s son. He found him and brought him to the palace. The son was crippled. For the rest of KIng David&#39;s life, Jonathan ate all his meals at the table with King David.

Isn&#39;t that a wonderful story&#33; And it came right out of.......the Bible.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime. I see your father is a minister. If you are not in a church and are considering getting back in church, I suggest the Episcopal Church or the Presbyterian USA, or the United Church of Christ, not the fundy Church of Christ mostly in the South.

You and your partner would be welcome in most of those churches as well as most urban United Methodist Churches. Rural Methodist ones aren&#39;t so open generally.

I know how much you have been taught the Bible, but then the version that your father taught may be a tad bit or mountains away from the version that I read and understand.

The bottom line is a relationship with God as He has been revealed to you. That in a nutshell is it. As long as you don&#39;t get God confused with something else you have it made in the shade.

And thanks for those wonderful words, yes we can be friends for a lifetime. I am glad that I touched your heart.

As a Christian, I feel like I have helped more people on the forum then I helped in all my years in the church. But as you know Jesus spent his time on the "forums in his day" more than at the synagogue.

Jesus was really a swell guy. Shame that some spout such hatred in his name. Jesus never did. Regardless what people may think about Him being devine, no doubt hatred was not his game.

Would you tell God to forgive some soldiers that were nailing nails in your hands? Jesus did.

Stick with the Gospels for a while. That is where the heart of Christianity lies in the Bible. They deal with Jesus. The rest of the Bible deals with other people.

And welcome as a new friend of mine. I feel honored.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jan 28 2005, 03:25 PM
Kink, you&#39;ve just got your first taste of the lovely, warm, and genuine person that is our Freddie&#33; I think your real family is the collection of people you care about and those who care about you, so add me to your list. I also don&#39;t see a reconciliation with my family in the near future, nor do I think I want one- I am quite happy being free to be myself unfettered by the negative opinions of others who I wouldn&#39;t have chosen as family in the first place. There&#39;s room for all of us to grow, love, fuck, frolic, and dance in the sunlight, no reason to hide in the shadows from those less developed socially than yourself.
[post=278296]Quoted post[/post]​
Jana, thanks for your wonderful words. I don&#39;t know if I deserve them. I do try. And you aren&#39;t too bad yourself. Are you sure you aren&#39;t my sister? And that is the highest compliment that any lady can possibly get from me. My sister and I are extremely close.

God uses everyone that allows Him to use. You help a lot of people here on this forum. It is a mission. I can see it. And I can see God&#39;s spirit in you. God doesn&#39;t look for perfect people. They don&#39;t exist. Never have. Never will. But God does share love and reconciliation with all who are willing to accept his love and reconciliation. God is the author of love and reconciliation. He is not the author of hatred and division.

Jana, you really are a sweatheart. In the South, that stands for someone who is a really a loving and carying person. Glad we are family.

Freddie

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
I survived going home - it ended up being cool though...I actually changed my flight and stayed an extra day...Hung out w/family, ate some great seafood and got some serious shopping done - forgot about those outlet malls in Florida...Too bad the beaches were really destroyed from the 2 recent hurricanes though - really missed the water...

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Pene_Negro_Grande@Feb 4 2005, 05:13 PM
I survived going home - it ended up being cool though...I actually changed my flight and stayed an extra day...Hung out w/family, ate some great seafood and got some serious shopping done - forgot about those outlet malls in Florida...Too bad the beaches were really destroyed from the 2 recent hurricanes though - really missed the water...
[post=280075]Quoted post[/post]​
I&#39;m really happy to hear that things went well while you were home. :D