Going to be on Testosterone ...

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Eisenhower, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

I'm 38 and in the last two years I've been monitoring my Testosterone level. Over the course of 6 tests, my Testosterone has averaged in the 400s (lowest was 235, highest 525). I've suffered from lack of restorative sleep, general lack of energy, few nocturnal erections, no morning erections for a few years ... just generally not feeling great. My Estradiol (E2) numbers are low too, around 10-14.

My doctor has decided to put me on Test Cyp, 100mg per week. Anyone had any experience and care to share what I'm in for? I'm already pretty hairy, so I'm not looking forward to more body hair, or the testicle shrinkage for that matter, so I'm going to ask him to use HCG too to maintain testicle activity.

I'm hoping this is the beginning of a better life of feeling good and having a strong libido instead of worrying about how fast I'll get hard ... but I realize there are also some downsides. Anyone care to share?

Eisenhower

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Use the search function.
    There are multiple threads on this already. - some of which you already commented on

So why start a new thread on the same topic??

3. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Because no one searches old threads for things to post about and I'm interested in hearing what new things might be said. As you can tell, I've indeed read old threads.

I've seen where it's a pet peeve of yours when guys ask about T ... so do yourself a favor and just ignore this thread. Thanks.

4. cdarro

cdarro New Member

38 seems young for T deficiency. Nevertheless, in my experience, T supplementation has definitely helped. More energy, better sleep, better mood. Oddly enough, I was under the impression that I might be suffering from depression, not T deficiency. You may have to experiment with modes of delivery - I started on the patch (irritated the skin) moved to gel (not covered by health plan) and am now on pills. No side effects whatsover so far. My MD told me that injections are not the optimum for T supplementation as one gets a quick "high" from the T and then a letdown over the next 3 weeks. Good luck.

5. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Thanks, man. That's why my doc has me doing a shot every week as opposed to every two weeks or once a month - to avoid the roller coaster you're talking about. Thanks for sharing your experience.

6. blackbottom2

Gold Member

Albums:
    "just a flamin pillock":mad:

Post any relevant topics because we never stop learning new things and I hope you find the answers your looking for

please ignore him I think he is known for flaming threads into his own personal tit for tat conversations, never makes usefull contributions though

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, I just call out the bullshitters early on.

8. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Rikter, judging by your 2,000+ posts and zero pictures, I'm pretty comfortable in assuming you're all mouth and no dick, probably just someone who loves to spend all their spare time on a site for well endowed men, and stir up shit to fill some sort of void. That being the case, kind of sad.

And while I'd love to spend time mentoring you in the art of gentlemanly behavior, wouldn't you know it - my calendar is all booked up for spending time on douchebags.

Buh-Bye.

9. B_eleveinchbreeder

B_eleveinchbreeder New Member

if you can switch to HGH...i think u will just love the results...
    HGH is human growth hormone. i have been on it for a few years, and my MD is amazed at my results..i use to be diabetic type II..I'm no longer with a high blood sugar level and im no longer on any diabetic meds, i have endless energy, muscular, toned, erections are awesome and i cum with out much re load time...5-10 mins and i am ready to fuck again and cum again...sperm production seems not to be an issue.
    your erections will be like you were 13 again, and same with the sperm..lots of sperm in each released load and like i said, little to no reload time. and hope u have a partner that loves to swallow ur sperm or allows u to dump in his asshole...assuming ur monogamous and have only each other to fuck and have sex with. i like to unload in his asshole, then go down to his hole and suck it all out...and then share it with him...im into nasty.
    your skin will tighten, and become elastic and should u bruise or cut yourself, the healing time is really fast and scars sort of diminish quickly.
    I'd go read GROW YOUNG with HGH Dr Ronald Klatz University of Chicago Med School

10. Trouty

Trouty New Member

Well said that man! Hope the treatment works out for you.

11. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

shouldn't have any problems. test cyp is pretty mild, your testicles won't shrink and I don't think you'll grow any more body hair.. deca is the one you have toworry about. too much of that and you'll lose all libido (deca dick) in fact test is used to combat that so you'll be fine. basicly your going to feel better and your morning wood will be back with a vengence.

Deca however makes your joints feel fantastic. I almost gave up lifting last year because of my joints. particularly my shoulder. it has no cartlidge left and it was unbearable to bench 135 lbs. i started doing 100mgs deca and 200mgs of test a week and it saved my life. i was always anti steroids but when you've busted you ass your entire life and get at the top of your game and things start falling apart that you can't train though I see no problem with it. i was much bigger natural. this is just helping me keep what I've earned for a little while. HGH is great too. again just enough to keep things from going down hill.

#11 D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  12. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Actually your t levels start droping after you hit 30. But that is true about the injections if it every three weeks. Usually they'll give you a shot every 2 weeks. the gel evens everything out and is a major aphrodisiac. i keep some around just for that . you'll have women coming up to you asking to smell you. You'll have to beat them off with a stick. I shit you not!

13. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

You are a lucky man. I am 56 years old and have suffered from falling T levels for years. Mine are in the lower 15% of the normal range consistently, and I have not been able to get any form of HRT under my medical plan. The reasons I have heard for this have amazed me with their lack of logic and stupidity. I have a friend that is an MD who has decided to help me and hopefully I will, with his help get this squared away.

This friend put me on HRT for several months at another point of high stress in my life and the difference in spirit and feelings began to happen in days. I was on both T and very low dose HGH because of what stress had done to me. It was the best thing that I have ever experienced. Depression=gone, fatigue=gone, body fat went down with little to no changes in exercise, and though in my case my libido and erectile ability did not change, the other changes alone were worth it. I know right now that my T is low, my estrogen levels elevated, my prolactin levels moderately high, and the cause of all of this is a teen injury and simple aging. Celebrate this MD and hang on to them because of they actually follow through and do something about this you've got a keeper!

Good Luck

14. MC1000

MC1000 Member

I'm 47 years old and I've been on Test for about four years now and I love it! The once a week shot works better for me than the once every two weeks did. When I started I was having issues with fatigue, no sex drive, memory problems and depression. I started with the gel Testim and noticed immediate results. Later I switched to Test cyp. injections. Energy levels up, sleep well, moring wood every day, sex drive of a twenty something, memory and mental clarity back to normal. I had been on antidressants for 10 years prior to starting Test. 18 months ago I gave up the pills and have never looked back. The strangest thing about being on Test is that I have a sence of overall well being. Not the feeling of being invincible like at 18, but just feel "good." I was worried about my balls shrinking too. So far I have noticed no change. Doc told me HCG only if I decide I ever wanted kids...restart the natural system. Long term use could permanately shut down all natural production. However, I have read about a protocal beinng used by Dr. John Crisler in Michigan. He is getting good results using carefully timed low doses of HCG. The biggest benefit from this protocal seems to ba a greater feeling of well being. Good Luck!

15. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok Kettle.

16. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Thanks, guys, great info - I appreciate it! I'm familiar with the Crisler protocol and I am planning on asking my doc about using low doses of HCG in tandem with the Test Cyp to keep me fertile. It's encouraging to hear you guys' positive results, thanks.

(Oh, and Rikter ... as to your "kettle" remark ... if you look at my past threads, you'll see I have indeed posted pics, so once again, "you are the weakest link - goodbye.")

17. D_Odipherous Pitts

D_Odipherous Pitts Account Disabled

Like above I was on Test Cyp last year but I did my injections every 10 days. Once a week seemed too much and every two weeks I would start losing the good feeling near the end. Ten days seemed to hit everything just right in bringing things back to normal when they started dropping off. You get a real sense of "well being" compared to the tiredness, lack of energy, and low sex drive that results from low test levels.

18. 8inchfordoc

8inchfordoc Member

Albums:
    I have been on Androgel for the past six months and wish I had known about this medication six years ago. I met a doctor, at my local gym, that specializes in men's health and scheduled an appointment for a complete physical. I actually thought that I was suffering from depression and was surprised when he suggested checking my t-levels. Two days after my two hour exam, I picked up my first prescription and within days could not believe the difference it made. My energy level was dramatically elevated; therefore, my gym workouts were much more intense. I lost a few pounds but gained muscle. Although I have always been moderately hairy I have noticed an increase in body hair in general. My scrotum has now become completely hair covered which I love (personal preference). Not only do I have morning wood but sleep erections occur nightly as well. I cannot count how many times I have awakened during the middle of the night and masturbated. When I ejaculate my loads are very heavy and I begin to drip pre cum shortly after maintaining an erection. This medication and HRT has been the best thing to happen to me in a long time. I now have a totally different perspective on life and day to day scenarios. My doctor is very careful and constantly monitors my blood work but so far there have been no problems to report.

19. onewatcher

onewatcher Active Member

Albums:
    Hey Guys. Have been on 100mg I.M. weekly Test Cyp. Have felt awesome. I'm 55, can get hard in 0-60 and drip more pre than I did all thru my 20's.
    Have developed hair on lower abd which I love, people say I look buff and haven't been in a gym since major surgery two yrs ago.My weight stays down, I eat well.
    I have acturally been dating guys 22-40 yrs old and can out last them, ready to cum again before they are.
    For all who are against HRT, it's there for us, it gives better life quality and is something our bodies used to produce.
    The biggest most improtant advice is be sure and get a baseline PSA. IF you are at risk for prostate cancer,ie, strong family history, get regular check up's from a urologist, and frequent blood tests from your endocronologist.

20. LOVEYA_79

LOVEYA_79 New Member

YUP!
    I'm on 150 mg/week of Test E...BIG difference:biggrin1:
    in everything

Draft saved Draft deleted