Going to Chicago

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey all, next week I'll be traveling to Chicago and its burbs for
business . I was wonderingn if any of our Fellow members from
that area can recomend some decent restaurants and bars to visit.
Thanks in advance.

Jake

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Honestly, it's been 10 years since I lived there but from what I know/hear...
Chicago pizza: Lou Malnati's, Gino's
Chicago nightlife: Lincoln Ave area

..but time change, and shit...

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm leaving on the 20th, and staying in the area of Buffalo Grove. But what I'm really interested in are some good BBQ style restaurants. And any place that has Imported beer ( Guiness, Boddingtons ect. )

Jake

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is a Weber Grill resturant in Wheeling. Not far from Buffalo Gove. Youll be out of the city center quite a ways. Like from Toronto city center to the airport.

BDinChicago

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Jake,

Buffalo Grove is a bit northwest of the city so I'm not too familiar with that area. There are so many great bars and BBQ places in the city and the burbs that its hard to say which is the best and it depends on personal preference for atmosphere I guess. However, if you have a car while you're here and/or can get to the city, here are few of my faves...

The Gale Street Inn has the best BBQ around IMO and they might be easy to get to for you right off the Kennedy (I-90) in Rogers Park. Gale Street Inn - Chicago's Best Ribs!

Honey 1 BBQ in Bucktown a little farther south in the city is pretty damn delicious too. Honey 1 BBQ Chicago: The Smoke Is No Joke: Honey 1 BBQ Is Real BBQ

For places with great import selections you might want to check this out... Best of Citysearch Chicago 2008 - Best Chicago Beer Selection

Two of the places on that list (both in the city as well) are a couple of my favorites for variety...

The Map Room is an awesome place with a ridiculous import selection and the atmosphere is good too. The Map Room - A Traveller's Tavern in Chicago

If you also like micro-brews the Clark Street Ale House has a ton as well as a decent imported selection. My buddy claims they have the best tasting Guinness there. I'm not sure why but he says theirs just tastes better. No website but here is the link about them from that "best of selection list" Clark Street Ale House.

I know these are all in the city but if you have the means I highly recommend checking them out (sounded like Ferris Bueller just now lol).

Cheers and enjoy Chicago!
BD

scruffylookin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you travel a bit West of Buffalo Gorve there's Woodfield Mall area in Schaumburg, alot of great restaurants and a few nightclubs in the area, Further away are some great restaurants in St Charles, but I think its a bit out oi the way. Arlington Heights has a few spots too but if you have a chance to venture into Chicago defintiely check out some of the aforementioned places above.