Gonorrhoea Mystery

jxh333

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been (faithfully) with my boyfriend for almost 6 months now, recently there was a Sexual Health Drive and we agreed to do a complete test, pretty sure neither of us had anything.

Shockingly, I had a positive result for Anal Gonorrhoea, negative for Throat & Penile, and my boyfriend had negative for all three.

Why is it a mystery?
I have been faithful for these 6 months, have exerted no symptoms what so ever, have only bottomed with him twice in those 6 months (I'm mostly top) and my 2 other sexual partners before him used condoms when they topped me.
Besides, those 2 guys are friends of mine, and they get tested regularly and assure me they don't have and never have had any STD, which I fully believe, not that that's even relevant as we used condoms.

Which means the ONLY person I could have caught it off would be my boyfriend. But his result came back negative! I just don't understand. I know there can be false positives/negatives so they're going to retest us both to double check. Also I've read sometimes Gonorrhoea can go away on its own in some people, maybe his body fought it off but mine didn't? But we have unprotected sex regularly so surely I'd re infect him each time?
I've also been on Antibiotics twice in these 6 months, so there's a good chance they would have got rid of it?

I'm almost certain it's a false positive, but if it isn't how is it possible for me (the top) to have it but him not?!

He says he doesn't, but If I were him, I'd be thinking I'd cheated on him and caught it, it's so fustrating.

Anyone have any advice? :frown1:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
My money is on it being a false positive. Re-testing will probably reveal all. In the meantime, don't forget all the reasonable precautions.

One thing, though - I didn't know that gonococcus could infect one site on a body and not show up anywhere else. Live and learn, I guess.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This happened to me too but I had symptoms. My BF of 3 years at the time tested completely negative and I was totally faithful during those years. It was baffling to me but it was what it was and the docs had no explanation except one of us fooled around. It doesn't spontaneously happen.

jxh333

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The only logical explanation I can think of now, is that he caught it, got it cured without me knowing. He was really pushing me to get tested, was that why?
I just don't know what to think. The worst part is the nurses at the clinic etc, the friends he's going to tell, they all are thinking one thing - I'm a cheater, and it's so frustrating.
:(

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just a little update for you all.
Today I found out he has slept with 5+ other guys whilst we've been together.
And therefore most likely did give it me.
I'm so naive.

Sorry to hear that.

And all the more reasons to use condoms because you only know if you're monogamous yourself.

But we have unprotected sex regularly so surely I'd re infect him each time?
SO much for trust...