Good Customer Service

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Think_Kink, Mar 22, 2008.

1. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

How do you respond to good customer service? Or do you do anything at all?

2. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Generally, I thank them very much, and if they've been extremely informative, I shake their hands.

3. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good, sincere service is truly appreciated by me. I used to work as a waiter during my high school years, so I know it can be really hard to deal with people and remain friendly.

I usually tip double of triple when I am impressed.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

Depends on the situation, if I am in a department store and can actually find a sales person; then if they give exemplary service I will fill out one of those comment cards in the customer service department. If I don't have time for that I will send a complimentary e-mail via the stores main website.

5. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    I usually thank them or in McDonalds case, I called the little number on the double-quarter pounder package and commented on my burger and how they NEVER get my order wrong, and they sent me a coupon for a free meal of my choice off the lunch menu :)

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

Having been on the end of having to give good customer service, and knowing our human nature to complain excessively over the slightest oversight, but rarely (if never) compliment someone for doing well (even if that's what their job is: to do well), I go out of my way to contact the HR office or the person's boss to make sure they hear what great customer service I received. I even have a standard form letter that's easy to customize and shoot out -- in several languages -- when I receive courteous thorough customer service.

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tip well. I always appreciated the ladies who did. :biggrin1:

8. transformer_99

Gold Member

Definitely tip well, when/where appropriate. I'm polite to service industry labor in general.

9. naughty

Gold Member

I do tip well. Unfortunately, I have experienced an upswing in poor service accompanied by attitude. I am not going to try to train adults. I dont like having to report bad behavior (Besides the risk of having "special sauce" spat on my food or having it used as a mop on the floor or toilet paper , yes I said that) It can be exhausting. I just experienced this on the phone when asking the carryout waitress to read or tell me the specials for the day. You would have though I asked her to shoot her mother. By the way, she held the phone (Not too well) and mocked what I said to her. THis is not the first time she has shown herself. When I have gone in the restauarant she has repeatedly ignored me in favor of male customers with whom she wishes to flirt. The thought of dealing with that tonight exhausts me. Turning the other cheek does nothing for the blood pressure.

ON flip side I write up good customer service regularly. IAsk to speak to the manager to compliment the service of quality waiters and tip generously.

10. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    I either tip really well or fill out one of those Customer Service Feedback cards/forms. But I ALWAYS thank the person involved for doing such a great job. Customers do seem a bit shittier these days; I see it happen all the time when I'm in stores, etc and I end up feeling embarrassed even though it has nothing to do with me. Maybe I'm just embarrassed that the human race can be such cunts to each other over very trivial matters.

My parents (and now I) believed that all people should work as wait staff or in some customer service position for their first job. It certainly made a difference to me and how I relate to those hard-working individuals.

11. No_Strings

Gold Member

Agree with Buscemi.
    I'll sign a petition if need be.

12. dong20

Gold Member

Increasingly, with my jaw dropped open in surprise.:rolleyes:

13. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

:kabong:

I've worked in the service industry and I didn't find that people were slow to compliment good service - in my table service days I built up quite a following of regular customers who would buy me Christmas presents and make stuff for me at their pottery classes and all sorts. They all tipped well too but those personal touches are what I remember. Maybe that's working in the same place for 4 years and is a bit different. I also did phone support for US customers for a while and found them, despite reputation, mostly courteous and happy to voice their appreciation too.

So when I get good customer service, in any situation, I do like to follow through with a tip (if it is that kind of situation) or some form of written commendation if not. On the phone with customer service, if they have been good, I always make a point of saying that they have been helpful and made my experience a more pleasant one, yadayada, because those calls are monitored and recorded and there's a chance the praise will get heard. I don't ask to speak to the supervisor for compliments (only complaints) because in most call centers even taking 5 mins to compliment the agent fucks with their call time stats and is actually a double-edged sword for them.

14. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

If it is face-to-face service, I tip very well, between 15-25%. I also directly compliment the person.

If it is a corporate interaction (via the telephone and those automated machines) I will send a letter. Last good customer service interaction I had with a corporation was with Jockey.

Draft saved Draft deleted