Good Enough?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by goodwood, Sep 2, 2008.

1. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    This will be more of a what I think sort of deal and if anyone else can relate and cares to speak of it, then so much the better.

I have known great success in my life in every aspect one could hope to have - financial, social, material, personal.

But I catch myself feeling sorry for myself wondering why I am alone and go along the thought process of 'clearly I am not good enough...' If I was good enough at something else, I would be happy now.

I have lived my life with the goal of achievment in mind. Once one thing is had, then on to the next thing and somehow (according to the thought process I was bred in) the next thing will make me feel good enough.
    The 'next thing' is fine and well and good until it is had, but then what?

Well - it hasn't happened yet - the thing that will allow me to feel good enough for whatever it is I feel the desire to feel good enough for (next). Has it for you? What is it? Or is it inevitable that there is something else we will always want and that perhaps wanting something else is a spoiled brat way of thinking and shut up and be happy with what you have?

Or should we want something more? Always wanting something more and better? I have wanted (and had) everything a man can hope for.

I have lost it all. Love,family, money, happiness. Am I good enough to think that such things will be restored to me? Should I not hope for these things again?

2. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As one who's lost a few things myself, I wholeheartedly believe I'll get everything back & it will be even better than before...partly because I will appreciate it more than I did previously...

3. wonderland

wonderland Member

Never lose hope. Things can always be better.

4. Captain Elephant

Captain Elephant Active Member

Albums:
    There is one constant in life: there is no constant. In my experience life is cyclical. I've been up and down so many times with people and things. I find myself on a great ride right now, but a few years ago it was a different story. I don't know what's ahead so I'm enjoying the now.

Back when it was bad I weathered the bad knowing the good will come.

I don't know if life will be bad for me again, but I'm prepared and armed with the knowledge that it will always change.

Draft saved Draft deleted