Good Indian Customer Service.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I recently got a new cell phone and had to have the service and phone number switched. The first guy I spoke to had a Spanish accent. He made an error and 2 days later I could make calls but not receive them. The first Indian lady was no help. I had to call back and the second Indian lady was very helpful and knowledgeable.

I also had recent luck with Indian customer service with my credit card account. The guy was very helpful and said he would make a notation on my account that the payment may be late due to me being on vacation.

Have you had any good experiences or horror stories with Indian Customer service?

D

deleted136887

So did you smoke a peace pipe first before you made a treaty or did you just take the land first? Don't you think this is a bit paternalistic? Or am reading something in the post that is not there?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So did you smoke a peace pipe first before you made a treaty or did you just take the land first? Don't you think this is a bit paternalistic? Or am reading something in the post that is not there?

Are you confusing Native America with India?

In case you didn't notice corporations are using Indians from India as customer service reps to save money.

It's bad enough that most of our manufacturing jobs are no longer in the U.S. But it really is a shame that service jobs are going over seas too.

Are you confusing Native Amercia with India?

Quite possibly! lol.

Recently my DSL stopped working, so I called up customer service and a guy answered. He had a very deep Indian accent, that at times left what he said unintelligible, but he was extremely helpful and nice!

Just a question: are these customer service places really set up in India and Latin America? I thought as such after having spoken to several Indian and Hispanic customer service reps. I know when I lived in Spain, I would call up customer service and it would connect me with some guy in Chile.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Quite possibly! lol.

Recently my DSL stopped working, so I called up customer service and a guy answered. He had a very deep Indian accent, that at times left what he said unintelligible, but he was extremely helpful and nice!

Just a question: are these customer service places really set up in India and Latin America? I thought such after having spoken to several Indian and Hispanic customer service reps.

I don't about Latin America, the ones with Spanish accents may be here in the U.S.

The ones with Indian accents are most likely in India. I've seen a few things on the news shows about it. In fact they are trying to teach them to speak with an American accent so we will think that they are here.

D

deleted136887

Are you confusing Native America with India?

In case you didn't notice corporations are using Indians from India as customer service reps to save money.

It's bad enough that most of our manufacturing jobs are no longer in the U.S. But it really is a shame that service jobs are going over seas too.

It's called outsourcing. I'm thinking of outsourcing my cock, as a matter of fact.

Comes from wanting the highest standard of living on the globe. Now everyone wants the same(no judgments, statement of fact)
Never mind, soon the Indians(the Bollywood ones, not the reservation ones) will be loosing their jobs too. In fact no-one will have jobs because the planet is fucked.

In fact they are trying to teach them to speak with an American accent so we will think that they are here.

Is that an "American thing"? What I mean to say is, it seems as though we are trying to deceive Americans into thinking all these people are actually in our country.

Just think about Power Rangers. :tongue: Okay, so that sounds a bit childish.. but, all the actors now are Aussie or Kiwi but when they do the show they must imitate an American accent AND pretend to be living in the states.

:confused: Who knows? Power Rangers is aired around all the English-speaking countries I believe? Who cares what accent they naturally speak with? It is as if we must "translate" stuff because we are so lazy to do mentally do it.... even though it isn't that difficult to understand Australian English... haha.

Never mind, soon the Indians(the Bollywood ones, not the reservation ones) will be loosing their jobs too. In fact no-one will have jobs because the planet is fucked.

I didn't know we still referred to Native Americans as Indians? I thought we had already rectified Columbus' mistake? :wink:

D

deleted136887

I didn't know we still referred to Native Americans as Indians? I thought we had already rectified Columbus' mistake? :wink:

Columbus? whose he?(the detective guy?) The guy that claimed to "discover" (as MEM010 referred to it, before he changed it) Amercia? good thing they were not called native Amercians.

Anyway, I hope y'all realize this is a bit of good natured fun, and I hope you take it as such.
Seriously, call centers are being outsourced. If you phone microsoft help-line, you are very likely to speak to some HIGHLY jacked up person with a "neutral" accent that gets starvation wages and lives in a slum outside Mumbay Once again, no judgments, that is the way of the world today.

Columbus? whose he?(the detective guy?) The guy that claimed to "discover" (as MEM010 referred to it, before he changed it) Amercia? good thing they were not called native Amercians.

Anyway, I hope y'all realize this is a bit of good natured fun, and I hope you take it as such.
Seriously, call centers are being outsourced. If you phone microsoft help-line, you are very likely to speak to some HIGHLY jacked up person with a "neutral" accent that gets starvation wages and lives in a slum outside Mumbay Once again, no judgments, that is the way of the world today.

Hehe, that was a brutal way to put it... but I am sure you are exactly right.

D

deleted136887

I was born in the former colonies(Africa) so I have an appreciation for some of this stuff. The corporations("THEY") keep on insisting that better service will be had a lower price if these jobs(which "they" will insist that Americans do not want) are moved offshore to the so-called developing countries, and the politicians in those countries are only too happy to provide tax-breaks to "them" in return for lining their pockets, and so the educated masses in those countries are duped into working for low wages, hoping for a "trickle-down" effect. And so it is. A few people gets lifted out of abject poverty.
Anyway, I don't know the remedy, and it is all too easy to see the cause. But who of us are going to give up our privileged lifestyle?

It wall all so easy when the commies were around. You could blame them.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A friend of mine had to call tech support which is based in India. He can imitate their accent so well, that when he called, he match the other guy's accent perfectly. The guy he was talking to asked him from which part of the India homeland he was from. :lmao:

A friend of mine had to call tech support which is based in India. He can imitate their accent so well, that when he called, he match the other guy's accent perfectly. The guy he was talking to asked him from which part of the India homeland he was from. :lmao:

My friend...

lol. That's crazy!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I am somewhat hard of hearing and some voices do not register well for me on the telephone. Once I called Tech Services for my DSL and got an Indian lady whom I could not hear well. When I explained this to her she kindly switched me to another technician. On another occasion, however, I simply could not understand the Indian man who answered the phone. His accent was so thick that I asked for him to transfer my call but he took offense and refused. Rather than argue with him about it I simply disconnected and recalled the number, getting somebody that I could understand.

By and large I've had good experiences with calls outsourced to India.

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yup had the same experience, the guy from India, was completely impossible to understand so I hung up...
I did email the company and mentioned that I felt their customer service would be more useful if I could actually understand the service being offered...Kinda reminds me of a university prof I had at one time, the only words I could understand were "banana republics"...as for the rest it sounded like gibberish...How they qualify for the job is beyond me! Needless to say I dropped the course...Fortunately there are some we
can understand...so at least there's some hope.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While it's true this could easily become an "I hate Indians thread," It is clear to me that is NOT the OP's intent. He is merely asking if others have had experiences similar to his own.

petergroot, You are reading something into it that is not there.

Just a question: are these customer service places really set up in India and Latin America? YES! Welcome to outsourcing in the 21st century. I thought as such after having spoken to several Indian and Hispanic customer service reps. I know when I lived in Spain, I would call up customer service and it would connect me with some guy in Chile.

Is that an "American thing"? What I mean to say is, it seems as though we are trying to deceive Americans into thinking all these people are actually in our country. Yes, I think it is because so few Americans are fluent in another language.
Just think about Power Rangers. :tongue: Okay, so that sounds a bit childish.. but, all the actors now are Aussie or Kiwi but when they do the show they must imitate an American accent AND pretend to be living in the states. All movies are dubbed into Italian before being shown there. I'm not sure it's much different than that when discussing Power Rangers or cartoons. :confused: Who knows? Power Rangers is aired around all the English-speaking countries I believe? Who cares what accent they naturally speak with? It is as if we must "translate" stuff because we are so lazy to do mentally do it.... even though it isn't that difficult to understand Australian English... haha.

Yup had the same experience, the guy from India, was completely impossible to understand so I hung up...
I did email the company and mentioned that I felt their customer service would be more useful if I could actually understand the service being offered...Kinda reminds me of a university prof I had at one time, the only words I could understand were "banana republics"...as for the rest it sounded like gibberish...How they qualify for the job is beyond me! They are very well educated and are often hired based on the quailty of their resume and internships. There is of course a formal face2face interview. Needless to say I dropped the course...Fortunately there are some we can understand...so at least there's some hope.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When ever I've talked to Indian customer services, I've found it really frustrating, their accent is so strong I just find it hard to understand them. One time this Indian guy phoned my mobile trying to get me to borrow £3000, I explained I didn't need the money and the guy threw his teddy out the cot, he wouldn't believe me and started to argue that everyone needed to borrow money, in the end I just hung up.:mad::mad::mad:

Yonkers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As I currently work on an IT Help Desk we have to contact HP's Customer Support which is based in India. As we are IT support ourselves, we do everything we possibly can to try and fix a HP PC/Printer before placing service calls. Unfortunately Customer Support don't understand that we are technical support and that we've done everything we can do. Most times this is frustrating as they have a spiel they must go through. Sometimes we can be on the phone to them for over an hour before they say "there's nothing we can do over the phone, we'll have to send a technician out". This is after we tell them that within the first two or three mins of the phone call.

After 18months of this, we complained bitterly to our HP Account Exec who said that from the very beginning, we could've put our calls in on-line thru their professional system and we wouldn't have been questioned on anything.

I know this is a bit off the mark, but overall YES I have dealt with Indian call centre's alot and no they wouldn't give me free popadoms (sp?) with my call.

I will say though that some of the people were good once they got to know us and understood who we were.

Yonkers.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When ever I've talked to Indian customer services, I've found it really frustrating, their accent is so strong I just find it hard to understand them. One time this Indian guy phoned my mobile trying to get me to borrow £3000, I explained I didn't need the money and the guy threw his teddy out the cot, he wouldn't believe me and started to argue that everyone needed to borrow money, in the end I just hung up.:mad::mad::mad:
What does that mean? Is it like getting ones knickers in a twist?

As I currently work on an IT Help Desk we have to contact HP's Customer Support which is based in India. Most times this is frustrating as they have a spiel they must go through. Sometimes we can be on the phone to them for over an hour before they say "there's nothing we can do over the phone, we'll have to send a technician out". This is after we tell them that within the first two or three mins of the phone call. This is what I also find infuriating as a customer! :mad: I don't mind the introductory spiel so much because I know that they have to do that. What ticks me off is when I can tell from the way they answer my question they are reading a script.:mad:

After 18months of this, we complained bitterly to our HP Account Exec who said that from the very beginning, we could've put our calls in on-line thru their professional system and we wouldn't have been questioned on anything. Grrrrr

I know this is a bit off the mark, but overall YES I have dealt with Indian call centre's alot and no they wouldn't give me free popadoms (sp?) with my call. What the heck is a popadom?:confused:

I will say though that some of the people were good once they got to know us and understood who we were.

Yonkers