good looking people

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_tallbig, Nov 10, 2007.

1. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Can some goodlooking people have problems finding partners?

if so what could be the reasons ?

i ask because i know plenty of very ugly people with a lot of luck finding partners so maybe the oposite could happen to good looking people.

2. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually, this is a very good question, and I have two (possibly lame) theories about it.

Theory #1: Often, people shy away from good looking people, thinking "Oh, I can't get that" or, "He/she must already be taken." And if the good looking person is not out-going in the first place... his/her love life can be dismal or sparse.

Theory #2: "Show me a supermodel, and I'll show you a man/woman who is tired of fucking him/her." In other words, good looking people are SOMETIMES shallower than less good looking people. They learn early that they can "skate by" on their looks, and they fail to develop the rest of themselves.

Not only that, some good looking people are very self-absorbed.

This isn't to say that there aren't an awful lot of inteliigent, empathetic and fun good-looking people. But I do believe that at least SOME of them just don't understand what it takes to get along with their fellow man.

- - - - - -

So, those are my theories.

Of course, in MY case, being somewhat good-looking, the second theory applies: I am shallower than an empty bath tub, I can only empathize with my mirrored reflection, and I suffer unknowingly from brain dystrophy. :biggrin1::tongue:

3. B_young7.5

B_young7.5 New Member

if they're a complete ass. Lot's of things, not everyone bases relationships solely based on how attractive a person is.

4. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

There's an expression "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." What you like someone else may not like and that goes for anything. Ever see a painting worth a million bucks and think it was ugly and could have been done by a 6th grader? Of course good looking people can have problems finding partners. They may look good physically, but they may have awful personalties or bad habits once you get to know them. I know when I'm out I'll see a couple and wonder what he sees in her or what she sees in him. It's not what I see. It's what they see and what's beyond the physical.

5. Stephie

Stephie New Member

sometimes it can be hard because some people might not have the confidence to walk up to someone they find good looking thinking they might be way out of you league but now if they have a big ego dont even bother

6. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

i dont think you are somewhat good looking i think that you are a stunning girl :wink::wink::wink:

7. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

8. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

you are a very good looking girl i hope you arent like those people:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::wink::wink::wink::wink:

9. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

yeah iam ok i made the thread in another forum too because sex with large penis forum have many people inside about a hour ago and this forum was relatively empty

10. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Stephie i hope you done have this problem, as a matter of fact it doesnt seem you do. You are very goodlooking! smokin hot!!!:tongue:

11. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

oh lol You don't have to post the same topic in different forums. The top of the screen has "new posts", and that's usually where I look.

12. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

ok i will not repeat threads again sorry

13. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    "Hello? Pot? This I Kettle. Yeah, you're on the fire and hot too!" :tongue:

14. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

My problem is self-confidence. I was a nerdy nerd through highschool but eventually I realized I didn't have to be so I made a few dramatic changes and voila! Hotty McHottness. Despite the exterior upgrades, I still feel like a dork at times and shy away from particularly attractive girls. Assuming I'm sober of course. Give me some liquid courage and I'm unstoppable :cool:

15. Meniscus

Gold Member

In spite of being a bit overweight, and in spite of showing signs of my age, I can say with confidence and without arrogance that I am better looking than most people. I'm also gentle, kind, intelligent, and down-to-earth. Most people are shocked to learn that not only am I unmarried, but that I've never been in a serious relationship.

So why do I have difficulty finding partners? Lots of reasons, most of which have to do with me. I'm shy, quiet, reserved, insecure, introverted, untrusting, anti-social, have a low sex drive and am prone to depression and anxiety. I'm convinced that my negative qualities overwhelm my positive qualities, that I have nothing to offer anyone who might be interested in me, and that people who like me could do better. I also don't like other people very much and find most social situations a tedious ordeal. (I'd rather stay home alone and read a good book than go to a party.) I could probably think of lots of other reasons if I thought about it more, but you get the idea.

I'm not saying that every good-looking person who has trouble finding a partner has my particular set of problems. My point is that good-looking people can have "issues" and insecurities and personality flaws just like everyone else, all of which can make it difficult to meet people and even more difficult to reach the point of meaningful intimacy with someone.

16. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Yes. I speak hypothetically, supposing that I were good looking of course :redface:

17. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe the good looking people don't want to settle for average looking people, so it is harder to meet someone. But I doubt there are a lot of very ugly people with a lot of luck finding partners. If so maybe they are happy with anyone they meet and make the relationship work.

18. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well said, Meniscus. I am similar in a lot of ways.

19. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

trust me iam not inventing this . some ugly people have a lot a luck finding partners . i have seen that myself with my own eyes.

20. Purplesaurus

Purplesaurus New Member

Albums:
    I know a very good looking 26 year old true blonde female psychiatrist that says she has a hard time meeting men because they are so intimated by her career and good looks.

Draft saved Draft deleted