good looking people

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
trust me iam not inventing this . some ugly people have a lot a luck finding partners . i have seen that myself with my own eyes.
And how good looking are their partners?

I don't know. I can't explain a lot these observations, but I'm hoping one day a light will turn on in my head and everything will make sense and I'll finally understand it all. :smile:

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And how good looking are their partners?

I don't know. I can't explain a lot these observations, but I'm hoping one day a light will turn on in my head and everything will make sense and I'll finally understand it all. :smile:
their partners are better looking than those people i know that it sounds strange but we live in a very strange world

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Social skills and confidence are both far more important than looks when it comes to finding a partner. Realistic standards also plays a part.

Also substantially more important than looks (for males): money, fame, power, musical inclination

What do you mean by more important than looks for males? As in that's what females look for in males, moreso than looks? Or that's what males look for in females, moreso than looks? I've never been more/less interested in a girl because of musical talents. Consequently, I've never had a girl more interested in another guy that was musically talented (I am not).

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think sometimes it is assumed that she/he is already taken. Also, sometimes people equate good looks with lack of intelligence, morals, or personality.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you mean by more important than looks for males? As in that's what females look for in males, moreso than looks? Or that's what males look for in females, moreso than looks? I've never been more/less interested in a girl because of musical talents. Consequently, I've never had a girl more interested in another guy that was musically talented (I am not).

I'm sure NIC will respond, but I wanted to chime in. YES, without a doubt some women will pick a guy because of music.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was looking for a place to plug in a thought I had yesterday... well, really an evolving one I've had for years... and then here's this thread!

Some people enjoy being considered beautiful most of their lives, and some find themselves rarely if ever considered beautiful. Many find that, how ever attractive they may be or have been before or after their late teens and early twenties, those years were or have been their best.

Because there are indeed both cultural and instinctual qualifications for "beauty" we all do at some level aspire to be considered attractive, and some of us have to work harder for it. We also are sometimes unprepared for when our attractiveness status changes (for better or worse). Thus, we can behave badly or be insecure with the attention.

In the end, what is MOST attractive is a person's spirit, and if we succeed in falling in love with someone at THAT level, we see a beautiful person.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A man who is musically talented is a big turn-on for me because we will have something in common and one more thing to discuss and appreciate.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the end, what is MOST attractive is a person's spirit, and if we succeed in falling in love with someone at THAT level, we see a beautiful person.

Agreed. There is nothing more beautiful than a kind-hearted person. I am not saying "nice", as anyone can be nice, I mean kind.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thanks, 36. I think I am finally falling in love again myself, and it is all about feeling comfortable and connected to the real person. Meanwhile, if we have been counting the times I've had sexual relations in recent years, there's been something of a dearth. I've been told I look intimidating. I've worried that I've been too picky. Insecurities flare up, and I fear my "looks" have gone because the people who've hit on me are not my types.

Despite all of that, what a wonderful affirmation it is to have these feelings for someone and to be fairly confident she feels the same about me.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As the saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
When I was growing up I always thought I was ugly and as a consequence never had any confidence in my looks, already there is a problem.... I don't fancy men and find it difficult to appreciate my own looks. I look at women and find them attractive or not I have certain tastes. I never knew what a woman wanted looks wise in a man and was pretty sure that it was not me. Then I started to grow up and realise that it was for women to appreciate my looks and not for me to assume what they wanted. As I grow older and have become more confident within myself I care little about my looks to the general public and more about how I appear and act to people I care about.
The upshot of all this is there could be many different reasons why someone who looks attractive to you is single, I find there is so much more going on with people than just how they look.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What do you mean by more important than looks for males? As in that's what females look for in males, moreso than looks? Or that's what males look for in females, moreso than looks? I've never been more/less interested in a girl because of musical talents.

I meant that it is more important for males to have these things (wealth, fame, power) than it is for them to have good looks. If you are ridiculously wealthy, ridiculously famous, or ridiculously powerful, you can have no social skills whatsoever and you can still get mad amounts of ass.
To a significantly lesser extent, knowing how to play guitar will also score you ass even if your social skills are a little lacking.

On the other hand, if you are really good looking but super shy, with no clue how to talk to girls, very poor self-confidence, etc. you will have a hard time with girls. Social skills trump all other things except for the handful that I already listed.

Consequently, I've never had a girl more interested in another guy that was musically talented (I am not).

Are you saying that you have absolutely nothing else to offer other than your good looks? If you want to make the argument that you have no personality or social skills to speak of, and nothing else about you that makes you attractive, then you could prove my point false with this argument.

Also, you need to look up the word "consequently."

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe the good looking people don't want to settle for average looking people, so it is harder to meet someone.
Agreed; I think that this is an important factor. Being good-looking does not mean that you have a wider pool in which to seek a partner if you are looking for a partner with a comparable degree of good looks. On the contrary, under that condition it means that you have a smaller pool to choose from than do people whose quality of looks is in the middle and who are also looking for a partner of a comparable degree of good looks. By contrast, of course, the less picky you are, the wider the range of candidates you have to choose from.
But I doubt there are a lot of very ugly people with a lot of luck finding partners. If so maybe they are happy with anyone they meet and make the relationship work.
Perhaps not, but several attractive women of my acquaintance are married to men who are not by any common standard good-looking, and one of the most attractive ones is married to one of the ugliest men I have ever met. Perhaps she never cared a lot about looks, or perhaps she just found this particular guy so wonderful that she made an exception for him.

I think that there is a difference between how good looks work for men and how they work for women (though I am thinking only of heterosexual men and women here). I just don't think that good looks in a man carry nearly as much weight with women as good looks in a woman carry with men. If a man is good-looking, that is a "plus" in the eyes of women, but it is up to him to use his good looks to advantage. If he lacks self-confidence or skill in approaching women, they will not be much interested in him. By contrast, if a woman is good-looking, I think that she is assured of getting men interested in her. They may not be men of the sort that she wants to have interested in her, but they will be asking her out.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know a very good looking 26 year old true blonde female psychiatrist that says she has a hard time meeting men because they are so intimated by her career and good looks.
Is it that, or is it that she is so busy with her job that she rarely meets any datable men, rarely has time for a date even when she does meet one, and, when she does go on a date, likes to talk about how exciting and important her work is? I dated a very attractive assistant federal prosecutor for a time, and, when she was able to find a free evening to see me, that was pretty much how things went. When I averaged things out after I had stopped dating her, I found that I had gotten to see her about twice a month on average.

Purplesaurus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Those are the words that came straight out of her mouth. It came back to me in the form of gossip from another female doctor she knows. I wasn't suppose to hear it. But I found out later from her. She admitted she did say it. She also called me fake. Like I wouldn't actually have anything to do with her. It turned me on, because I do really like her.

But your right some she is consumed by her career. I told her she has to get her priorities straight.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're good looking and you reject a guy's advanced he often puts it down to you being an uppity bitch, pretty women are often accused of being arrogant but sometimes it's easier for a man to accuse us of being arrogant than to admit we just didn't fancy him.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're good looking and you reject a guy's advanced he often puts it down to you being an uppity bitch, pretty women are often accused of being arrogant but sometimes it's easier for a man to accuse us of being arrogant than to admit we just didn't fancy him.

Agreed, but actually it's even worse than that: if a girl is good-looking and not particularly friendly (I don't mean positively unfriendly, but just not outstandingly friendly—perhaps merely shy), guys who lack self-confidence will just assume that she would never have anything to do with them and will resent her on that account! Kurt Vonnegut wrote a rather touching story on this theme: I can't recall its title, but I think it's in Welcome to the Monkey House.

Edited to add: It's called "Miss Temptation." (Synopsis in Wikipedia.)