Originally posted by Dominik20@Jan 1 2005, 06:41 AM
Bank für Sozialwirtschaft
Bankleitzahl: 370 20 500
Kontonummer: 10 20 30
Stichwort "Seebeben Südasien"
www.aktion-deutschland-hilft.de
Couldn'n you help?
[post=271221]Quoted post[/post]​
I don't really understand what those numbers mean but I can't totally disagree with the sentiment. As an American, I am very disappointed (but not surprised) by the response of the Bush administration. However, they've already felt the pressure from the public and the pledge is up to $350 million. I believe that as congress returns after the Holidays you will see that increase dramatically. Nevertheless, that's no excuse for the poor first response shown by the president. It makes us look bad.

Please however, do not fault the citizens of America. We are donating in record amounts to the various relief agencies. I've donated. You see heartwarming stories on CNN of American kids selling their Christmas toys to help victims. Americans are really generous giving people when there is truely a need. I believe we as citizens and through our pressure on the government, America will come through in the end.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/2...unami.aidsites/

DerSchwanz

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by cityboy+Jan 1 2005, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cityboy &#064; Jan 1 2005, 07:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dominik20@Jan 1 2005, 06:41 AM
Couldn&#39;n you help?
I don&#39;t really understand what those numbers mean but I can&#39;t totally disagree with the sentiment. As an American, I am very disappointed (but not surprised) by the response of the Bush administration. However, they&#39;ve already felt the pressure from the public and the pledge is up to &#036;350 million. I believe that as congress returns after the Holidays you will see that increase dramatically. Nevertheless, that&#39;s no excuse for the poor first response shown by the president. It makes us look bad.

Please however, do not fault the citizens of America. We are donating in record amounts to the various relief agencies. I&#39;ve donated. You see heartwarming stories on CNN of American kids selling their Christmas toys to help victims. Americans are really generous giving people when there is truely a need. I believe we as citizens and through our pressure on the government, America will come through in the end.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/2...unami.aidsites/
[post=271300]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

The entry from Dominick20 is for a bank account in Germany.

Translation:
Bank of Social Economy
Bank Routing Number 370 20 500
Account Number: 10 20 30
Code Word: "Undersea Earthquake South Asia"

The translation for the URL is "Action-Germany-Helps" as are all civilized people, helping, that is.

Solis25

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Couldn&#39;n you help?

well dominick&#39;s info is only useful if you&#39;re living within the EU because if you try to wire money that way from outside of europe, it&#39;ll cost you a hell of a lot of money. whoever wants to help most likely has a number of possibilities in their own country, for example with the red cross.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Couldn&#39;n you help?

well dominick&#39;s info is only useful if you&#39;re living within the EU because if you try to wire money that way from outside of europe, it&#39;ll cost you a hell of a lot of money. whoever wants to help most likely has a number of possibilities in their own country, for example with the red cross.
[post=271686]Quoted post[/post]​
Thanks for your post. As yes the red cross helps. Their purpose is to get there fast and give immediate relief. They don&#39;t help rebuild. Each relief organizatoin has to havce a focus to be sucessful. There are other relief orgnizations that work to rebuild the economy. You can continue giving to those agencies for several months long after the immediate crisis is over.

Nearly every church as a relief action in place. I know my church is collecting money specifically for immediate relief, but also for rebuidling efforts to come. UMCOR is the name of our relief agency. Any United Methodist Church will take your donations. Churhces have the highest percent of the money going where is is supposed to go without money taken out for admnistration. Churches usually pay for the administration costs out of regular offerings so that donations disignated for the victims actually get to the victims. Be sure you give through reliable relief agencies. Find out exactly what kind of relief they provide and when.

I know my church the United Methodisst Church is having a special offering this past Sunday and next Sunday. UMCOR is already there helping with the victims.

DMW, what is the name of the Catholic relief agancy? What are other reliable agencies that LPSG members can select to funnel their money to be sure that it gets to the victims.

Be aware, there are people out there with fake organizations to take your money. Be careful.

Hoping that America comes through. Bush says he is religious. I hope God convicts him of the need to do more.

cityboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight