Good mp3 player for not much money

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was going to buy a nice pretty pink walkman from the ebay people but somone outbid me, it looked like a nice one but I don't know if it would sound good or not so I didn't want to bid too much.

I have looked on the net for some reviews on the mp3 player which I was looking at but with so much stuff to look at it gave me a bit of a headache.

So I thought I would ask you if you have any nice experiences with mp3 players. Do you think ipods are better or Walkmans or what?

Also when I was looking for stuff on mp3 players I think I read somewhere that the headphones supplied with these things are a bit rubbishy?

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would personally recommend an iPod as an MP3 player. They are by far the most reliable mp3 players I have ever owned. They have all sorts which suit any budget and the fancy array of colours suit most tastes!

D_Harry_Pitts

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I use the Sansa Fuse and the sound/picture quality is excellent. When I got mine last Xmas, it was $50 for a 4GB audio/video player that let you keep pictures and files on it as well. I take it everywhere with me, and it rests in my backpack with a ton of tools and other hardware, never scratched, never damaged.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use the Sansa Fuse and the sound/picture quality is excellent. When I got mine last Xmas, it was $50 for a 4GB audio/video player that let you keep pictures and files on it as well. I take it everywhere with me, and it rests in my backpack with a ton of tools and other hardware, never scratched, never damaged.

I think that we have a WINNER! :biggrin1:

I'd recommend an iPod too, as they're ubiquitous and you're likely to be able to find whatever you want on iTunes. The headphones aren't bad - but I replaced mine with some Sennheiser mx560 which only cost about £15, they've just got a bit more bass.

I used to have a Samsung, and they're very reliable with good sound quality. They tend to be a bit less expensive too.

I think Creative Labs have supposedly the best sound quality (I think because they're basically soundcard experts?) but I think they can be expensive, and they're not all that common.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I say this- forget the MPs PLAYER- they all play the same thing with essentially the same quality... the limiting factor will be what you attach it to to HEAR the music.

You are better off buying something cheap like an IPod Nano, and springing the extra cash on a set of good earphones, like the Shure 210s or 310s ( possibly the best , most balanced sounding earbud earphones money can buy )
Or the Bose earbuds sold at the Apple store.

That will have far more effect on your listening experience than the player.

Secondly- I would advise eliminating the player entirely...

Get an iPhone. Even the cheapest $100 iPhone is a far better purchase than any dedicated mp3 player.
First of all- it works exactly like an mp3 player- you can hook up a set of headphones and boogie out all day...

But then, it is also a text messenger, email port, Internet surfer, Game player, movie and video player, Kindle book reader, contacts and calendar manager, GPS system, Map and yellow pages, digital video and still camera, calculator, organizer.... and anything else you can find an APP for...

Right now, on my G3s iPhone, I have 1,400 songs, 3 full length feature films, 4 television episodes of my favorite shows, 6 podcasts, 8 audio books and 12 kindle books.

I am writing this post on my iPhone.

And, when I am rocking out, and a phone call comes thru, I click a button on the headphone cord and answer...

Why lug around one MORE thing that does only one thing you need when you can trade ALL your doo-dads in for a single solution that does everything you need elegantly?

I agree with Phil about the iPod nano and good earphones. I've got the cheapest 4gb nano (in silver, which looks cool :p) with some Sennheiser earphones. Might check out those Bose or Shure ones.

I didn't buy a Sony Walkman, cos I've already got a Walkman phone, which I just use for listening to the radio.