Good news bigots, Muslim-haters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marleyisalegend, Dec 10, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

3. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    bracing or embracing....

so are you saying Barrah is a mooslim? news to me.

4. D_Myer_Dogasflees

D_Myer_Dogasflees New Member

Nationalised same-sex marriage, gay rights, pro-abortion, prostitution

Obama is no Muslim :p

#4 D_Myer_Dogasflees, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Does the trillion dollar inaugural ball start immediately after the swearing-in?

Hopefully they can throw some scraps of cake and caviar to starving people that were recently laid off.

6. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    A Mod has requested I change the thread title but I think this is a legit comment to make. For the duration of the election campaign right-wingers and anti-Muslim people used Obama's middle name against him, I could just hear the right-wingers creaming their pants everytime they said his name.

His middle name Hussein is Arabic for handsome one, although it's clearly associated with terrorism and Saddam Hussein.

If this topic bothers you, fine, but it annoys me the way people try to pretend this prejudice away because of delicate sensibilities. Fortunately the election is over so Obama no longer has to cater to the fears and hatred against Muslims and will be inaugurated as Barack HUSSEIN Obama. Sad though that he had to distance himself from his name for so many months.

That is all.

#6 marleyisalegend, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  7. D_Myer_Dogasflees

I agree that this is a wrong act, they shouldnt judge him on a name his parant gave him, and if there was something wrong with it, it would likely be racist, as in anti-arab, rather than anti-islamic.

8. faceking

Albums:
    ""Good news bigots, Muslim-haters"

:pokey:

9. faceking

Albums:
    Not if Oprah barges her way through....

10. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    It was bigots and Muslim-haters who used Obama's middle name against him. It happened daily on this site, I know I'm not the only person who saw it. The proof is in the pudding, the archives are full posts where his middle name was bolded, italicized, high-lighted, singled out. And if it wasn't to incite hatred against Muslim culture, why else would people go out of their way to call attention to it?

I don't expect anyone to fess up to it, people never fess up to prejudice and apparently calling out prejudice gets your post reported. Oh well, anyone who looks at the story without bias knows that his name was used against him.

Faceking that's why you didn't really respond because you know I'm right, it's just not in your nature to acknowledge when Obama is disrespected or condescended but your silence is affirmation enough.

11. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Apparently somebody was offended by it. I would appreciate it if somebody would explain why, did I make this up? Do Muslim-haters not exist? Do bigots not exist? Anyone who knows me knows I'm neither of the two, I have Muslim friends, I just thought we'd stop sweeping this under the rug and start calling out bigotry. Apparently that upset someone.

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I think we should round up all of the right-wingers who drank that "Hussein" Kool-Aid, find out what their middle names are, and associate them with someone who has done a heinous act. That way they can see for themselves just how stupid it is to associate someone with negative character smears just for their name.

13. devron

devron New Member

Now, if there's so much hate, why is he going to the White House? Sure, some tried to play to that extreme, but as it turns out, the base for it wasn't there as he was elected by one of the widest margins in history.

14. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    The article was about the fact that now that he's won, he can breathe and relax and embrace his middle name for the first time in months. I'm proud of him. Many people hide their heritage but Obama is unapologetic about his. Kudos to him.

15. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Why is this even an issue. Who cares what his middle name is? Does that make me a bigot? lol

16. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

If it was just about the association of the name with someone hated (like Saddam Hussein) then why did the same people not point out that Joseph Robinette (no really! :eek:) Biden shares a first name with Joseph Stalin, or that John McCain's surname contains the name of the first ever murderer (according to the Bible).

Marley is on the money here - the emphasis on the 'Hussein' placed by certain Obama detractors was anti-Muslim. Clearly. I have no idea why anyone would try to argue that toss. By emphasising it they were trying to emphasise his Muslim heritage and they did that to try to create a negative image in people's minds - playing on bigotry.

Which mod asked you to change the title, Marley, and why?

17. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Clearly you're not intimately familiar with the modi operandi of our resident neocons... :rolleyes:

18. D_Myer_Dogasflees

You are bringing up a very complex discussion. If you have Communist friends, KKK friends or Nazi friends, does that mean that you agree with it? Just a question: If someone shouts KKK at someone else, is that unjust discrimination against KKK's?

If I said that someone said that had KKK friends, would it be wrong to disagree with the KKK?

Muslims follow and fund Islam, they are somewhat responsible for their beliefs.

According to what I have personally read in the Koran, according to what is done in Islam, your 99% should be thrown from a high building, and death is not good enough for you.

Their beliefs are pretty worse than what the KKK holds. BTW the KKK ironically believes in the Kloran.

19. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Someone post-reported it. Honestly I think someone is just trying to get me in trouble, the other day someone reported a pic even though the person was of legal age.

In case some people still don't get it, the technical term for what this is about is xenophobia.

xenophobia: an unreasonable fear, distrust, or hatred of strangers, foreigners, or anything perceived as foreign or different.

The only time President's middle names was used was to differentiate them from their father ie John Quincy Adams and George W Bush. Obama's father was never president so it's clear why his middle name was used, whether the hatred is acknowledged or not.

If anyone thinks I'm making this up or that bigots and Muslim-haters don't exist, just interview any Arab-American who's been living here since 2001. Since 9/11 Arab Americans and people who appear to be Arab were subject to unnecessary hatred and hostility.

20. D_Myer_Dogasflees

Of course being Anti-Nazi, Anti-KKK, Anti-Communist, Anti-Slavery, Anti-Mugabe

would then also be called 'bigotry'.

Then where would we be today?

Draft saved Draft deleted