Good news bigots, Muslim-haters

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
...Those of the Christian faith were first to persecute and kill homosexuals, pagans and others in the name of God internationally, wiping out the most indigenous peoples overall using that pretext.
Islam was founded by Mohamed six centuries after the dawn of Christianity. Hence he had the prior example of the Christian's persecution of m2m sex to follow - but he did not do as they did. Islamic society was tolerant of m2m sex until the Ottoman Empire adopted western Europe's intolerance towards homosexuality in the 19th century.

No, Islam was always against homosexual acts, and yes, while they may not be per se against homosexuality, Hadith reports mohammed burning them, murdering them, burning them alive , other says that they should be thrown off a tall mountain...

Even lesbians: Sura 4:15 "If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, Take the evidence of four (Reliable) witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them, or Allah ordain for them some (other) way. "

When I claimed Mohammed did not do as Christian contemporaries did, re: same-sex offenders, I spoke in reference to the emboldened text of your post, i.e. the testimony of four witnesses was needed in order to prosecute any sexual offender. This unusual measure showed Mohammed's disinterest in this regard as it made prosecution for same-sex acts ( unless they were done in full view of the public) unlikely. And contrary to what you have stated, there exists no case of a reported punishment or execution for same-sex acts by the Prophet Mohammed.

Islam and Ottoman Times

AlterHros -Homosexuality and Same-Sex Acts in Islam

Last edited: